Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

Got my dpd tracking number this morning. It's with dpd.de so at least its in Europe now. Hopefully will have it by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

So what's the consensus on delivery times if I order a phone from them now? I'm finding it hard add up the times from all the separate posts.

So what's the consensus on delivery times if I order a phone from them now? I'm finding it hard add up the times from all the separate posts.

I ordered the 30th, looks like I should have it Thursday or Friday I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Batuka wrote:
    Will do so, thanks tedpan!

Any news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Batuka

tedpan wrote: »
    Any news?

My package is in my city and arriving today! Yesterday, in a state of panic lol, I did like you said and contacted DPD Ireland( I actually spammed them with messages on twitter and facebook) and I'm not sure if that made any difference but in a matter of hours the tracking page was updated with the new location(my country)!

• Advertisement

Batuka wrote:
    My package is in my city and arriving today! Yesterday, in a state of panic lol, I did like you said and contacted DPD Ireland( I actually spammed them with messages on twitter and facebook) and I'm not sure if that made any difference but in a matter of hours the tracking page was updated with the new location(my country)!

I had a good feeling.. :) let us know when it arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

Damokc wrote: »
    I ordered the 30th, looks like I should have it Thursday or Friday I reckon.

Hi guys, I ordered on 23rd June. Seemed to be going fine but now I get the same message daily below. I've ordered camera's and lenses before from site so not worries on arriving more on when can I expect or how can I find out any updates?

I'm away to Connemara Friday next week and was hoping would be here in time for that?

152020-07-16We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

142020-07-15We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

132020-07-14We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

122020-07-13We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

112020-07-12We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

102020-07-11Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.

92020-07-10Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    82020-07-09Shipment further connected.
    72020-07-08Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    62020-07-07Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52020-07-06Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    42020-07-05Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    32020-07-04Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-07-03In transit.
    12020-07-02The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Batuka

I had a good feeling.. :) let us know when it arrives!

It finally arrived today, well, it should have arrived yesterday but they said they haven't found me home(all lies, i was home all day waiting). Thanks for all the support!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

iancairns wrote: »
    Hi guys, I ordered on 23rd June. Seemed to be going fine but now I get the same message daily below. I've ordered camera's and lenses before from site so not worries on arriving more on when can I expect or how can I find out any updates?
    try putting the tracking number into https://www.dpd.com/tracking
    or https://www.dpd.co.uk/

The .ie tracking only recognises the tracking when it is scanned in Athlone. The .com tracking won't show updates past Netherlands until in Athlone either, but the .co.uk will show when it arrives in the UK and dispatches to Ireland. All this is assuming DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

Hi Ian

Same boat as you Im afraind - so fingers crossed whatever is happening here is resolved soon - I ordered back in June as well and these are the messages Im getting on a daily basis now - I have tried contacting them 3 times now as well with no response

I also have an RMA on another device and thats going on for 5 weeks now - it hasnt hit their inspection department yet - so not going to go near this crowd again

Thats for sure !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Wolff wrote: »
    Hi Ian

Same boat as you Im afraind - so fingers crossed whatever is happening here is resolved soon - I ordered back in June as well and these are the messages Im getting on a daily basis now - I have tried contacting them 3 times now as well with no response

I also have an RMA on another device and thats going on for 5 weeks now - it hasnt hit their inspection department yet - so not going to go near this crowd again

Thats for sure !

Did you have to send the device all the way back to CHINA?

Got my phone Thursday. All working perfect no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

Hey guys, finally got an update on my order after 9 days of....

"We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible."

It's now saying "Your parcel has arrived at GLS, please follow this link for further information" and appears to be in Netherlands.

I'm off to Connemara on Thursday afternoon.

Have I a hope in hell it arrives before then?

Two more days left to deliver?!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hey guys, finally got an update on my order after 9 days of....

"We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible."

It's now saying "Your parcel has arrived at GLS, please follow this link for further information" and appears to be in Netherlands.

I'm off to Connemara on Thursday afternoon.

Have I a hope in hell it arrives before then?

Two more days left to deliver?!

Just came to the thread to checkup on others items. Mine was just collected from eGlobal yesterday so I'll be waiting a while.

GLS DE to GLS IE took about a week a few months ago in the middle of Covid. Much slower than the courier average of 1-2 days. Might be better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RampageJie

So I ordered from this website one camera and one lense(two different orders) on 3rd and 4th of July. And camera departed 10 days after which the notorious fake tracking site was given to me. The lense order, however, I was told 3 days after I put the order that their was a shortage of stock and need one week to restock. So I wait until 19th July that the lense finally departed and a DHL tracking number was given. It only tooked 3 days from HK to my home which totally suprised me. On the other hand, my camera, which departed way earlier, still on route. The fake tracking site indicates "we are sorry.." blabla.
    I don't know what to do, this website is just like a box of chocalates, you never know what your next order is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭pigeonhouse

Yeah completely agree, it's a lottery, I've made a few orders in the past, from ordering to receiving the item, it was less than a week.
    I recently ordered 2 lenses on the 3/7/2020 and it's still at the processing stage. Mailed them and they said they were out of stock of the lenses and it would take 3-4 days. I'll be saving €500 buying the lenses there compared to buying in Ireland so I guess it's worth it if they arrive.

Yes you send it back to them in UK and they forward it on then to their technician in China - they of course dont say this directly - it took most of July to get back to them - now I'm arguing with them as they cant replicate my issue "

(player works fine for a few days and the screen blacks out) you then have to wait for it to power out completely to restore and the same thing happens again)

So not impressed I have to say with after sales service - so prices may be cheap but if something goes wrong its very painful

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ordered:
    Thu, 16 Jul, 23:38 (13 days ago)

29 Jul 2020 12:30 Dublin Se Delivered
    29 Jul 2020 10:53 Dublin Se Out for delivery
    28 Jul 2020 20:33 Athlone Sorted by distribution centre
    27 Jul 2020 22:47 DPD We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our depot
    27 Jul 2020 19:54 DPD We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our depot
    21 Jul 2020 02:02 Sender We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel

I suspect the package was being left on the step whether I opened the door or not (DPD)

My order from the 03/07/2020 is still at "processing".

My order from the 03/07/2020 is still at "processing".

Did you email them, they should be able to tell you if it's out of stock?

My order arrived today, ordered 26th June. It said shipped almost immediately but only actually shipped on the 20th of July and reached DPD on the 25th.

• Advertisement

Did you email them, they should be able to tell you if it's out of stock?

My order arrived today, ordered 26th June. It said shipped almost immediately but only actually shipped on the 20th of July and reached DPD on the 25th.

Yeah they said its out of stock and new stock would arrive in 3-4 days, that was 2 weeks ago.

Yeah they said its out of stock and new stock would arrive in 3-4 days, that was 2 weeks ago.

Same story as me.. The 3 days turned into 3 weeks. Hopefully it arrives soon.

Just to follow up here on buying from these guys - they will refund or replace up to 30 days after purchase -

They will then move to a repair support model - it takes

5-6 weeks to ship it to them
    4-6 weeks repair time (if they can repair it)

If they cant - they will just ship it back to you !

and another 4/6 weeks to return - so be prepared to go without for at least 3 months

Im on month 2 !

Wolff

2 lenses I ordered on the 3/7/2020 arrived today. It either seems that you receive your order in less than 1 week or over 1 month. There could be delays in producing certain electronics due to Covid though. I saved a lot so the wait was worth it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

So these guys are trustworthy then? Seem to be going a long time anyway, and the main issue is just delivery time.
    I just saw this thread at random, and took a look at the Sony I want, and its €1500 cheaper than if I bought it in store here.
    It's quite tempting.

Effects wrote:
    So these guys are trustworthy then? Seem to be going a long time anyway, and the main issue is just delivery time. I just saw this thread at random, and took a look at the Sony I want, and its €1500 cheaper than if I bought it in store here. It's quite tempting.

Definitely fine to order with as long as you have patience. Things to note.

1. Zero customer service
    2. Terrible tracking
    3. Pay with PayPal
    4. You may have warranty issues as you're purchasing from Asia. This is dependent on manufacturer.
    5. Be prepared to wait a month - some deliveries are faster, but with the current situation, 3 weeks is average..

Effects wrote: »
    So these guys are trustworthy then? Seem to be going a long time anyway, and the main issue is just delivery time.
    I just saw this thread at random, and took a look at the Sony I want, and its €1500 cheaper than if I bought it in store here.
    It's quite tempting.

They're definitely legit, I've bought lenses and cameras with them over the years, you can't beat the price difference. The fastest I've got delivered was 2 days. This is the first time I had a problem with them and yeah their customer service is really terrible, reports from a lot of people the same, you get a response 1 week later that doesn't really help anything. My delivery was packed well but I'd hate to think what would happen if I had any problems. The price difference was definitely worth the risk for me.

I've used Conns for my past couple of camera bodies, as they have great backup service. Except I've never had to use the backup service.
    I sold one of my Caanon bodies precovid, with the intention of getting a Sony. Then covid meant money got tighter!
    Then I was holding out for the R5, but I'm back to thinking the Sony is the way to go.

Effects wrote: »
    I've used Conns for my past couple of camera bodies, as they have great backup service. Except I've never had to use the backup service.
    I sold one of my Caanon bodies precovid, with the intention of getting a Sony. Then covid meant money got tighter!
    Then I was holding out for the R5, but I'm back to thinking the Sony is the way to go.

I was going to move to Sony but the price of their lenses put me off.

• Advertisement

Prices on the newer RF mount seem pretty steep as well. I was thinking of using an adapter to use my Canon glass on the Sony. Need to be able to use them on my 5D as well.

Advertisement