Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

suave.4u wrote: »
    Lenny, what is the update? Did you get the refund?

Ye si finally got the update 5 weeks, a joke PayPal definitely siding with eglobal they were on this one, refund showing up as being processed on the credit card online, happy days. Never hear back form the courier company, emailed them twice for an update!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

Ordered on the 16th of October and this is my correspondence so far.. definitely wouldn't use them again after this time!

142020-11-04 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

132020-11-03 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

122020-11-02 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

112020-11-01 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

102020-10-31 Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.

92020-10-30 Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.

82020-10-29 Shipment further connected.

72020-10-28 Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.

62020-10-27 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.

52020-10-26 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.

42020-10-25 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.

32020-10-24 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.

22020-10-23 In transit.

12020-10-22 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pat c

is your tracking number along the lines of 18 digits?
    eg 77300000nnnnnnnnnnn?

it's possibly gls

don't rely on the eglobal tracking page - remove the first 2 & last 2 digits & check tracking on GLS site:

you'll prob get something along the lines of this until it gets to gls in netherlands:
    The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

on the gls site under shipment details you will see:
    References
    Parcel number:
    9xxxxxxxxxx

you can use this number to track it also.

i use 17track app on my phone for any/all parcels - at least you won't need to keep entering the number on a website

That's brilliant, thanks very much ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

adamshred wrote: »
    Ordered on the 16th of October and this is my correspondence so far.. definitely wouldn't use them again after this time!

142020-11-04 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

132020-11-03 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

122020-11-02 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

112020-11-01 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

102020-10-31 Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.

92020-10-30 Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.

82020-10-29 Shipment further connected.

72020-10-28 Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.

62020-10-27 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.

52020-10-26 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.

42020-10-25 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.

32020-10-24 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.

22020-10-23 In transit.

12020-10-22 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

This tracking is 100% fake. It is always updated the same way for everyone, until they run out of silly updates they repeat the delay one. There was never any tracking. Parcel might not even be shipped yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Glory83

The same here
    102020-11-08Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.
    92020-11-07Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    82020-11-06Shipment further connected.
    72020-11-05Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    62020-11-04Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52020-11-03Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    42020-11-02Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    32020-11-01Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-10-31In transit.
    12020-10-30The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehous

Ordered on 24 Oct. This will be absolutely the last time I deal with them regardless how great prices they might have. I hate their lying where you do not know where your order stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

I'm in the same situation as some people here - ordered 20th oct & dispatched on 30th

I'm now on day one of the "following up your order" infinite loop

#DateParcel Status
    112020-11-09We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    102020-11-08Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.

looking at various sites it seems the "following up" can take a few days or a lot longer

this guy posted on trustpilot - he only had a few days in the loop:
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/users/5f63bbd7a70863a6a85c5716

comparing the above to a friend (got him to send me his tracking updates) it looks like he got lucky with the transit and missed the loop entirely.
    however, he was waiting about 3 or 4 weeks between placing the order & dispatch.

#DateParcel Status
    102020-10-04Your parcel has arrived at GLS, please follow this link for further information: I]*gls tracking number[/I
    92020-10-03Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    82020-10-02Shipment further connected.
    72020-10-01Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    62020-09-30Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52020-09-29Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    42020-09-28Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    32020-09-27Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-09-26In transit.
    12020-09-25The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

*gls tracking number was the eglobal one with first 2 & last 2 numbers removed

glory83 - comparing dates our orders are probably in the same container :/

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Below is the reply I got from shipping company

Hi
    Sorry to inform you that the shipment have been forfeiture by UK Border Force. Please contact the retail website to recover you lose. It cause by the retailer was provided incorrect information for import deceleration.

Kind Regards
    Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭corks finest

Lenny wrote: »

Hi
    Sorry to inform you that the shipment have been forfeiture by UK Border Force. Please contact the retail website to recover you lose. It cause by the retailer was provided incorrect information for import deceleration.

Kind Regards
    Lee

Like eir it amazes me anyone does ( tries) to do business with them

Lenny wrote: »

Hi

Kind Regards
    Lee

Wow. may I ask when did you order --- we could be in the same boat.

I'm in the same situation as some people here - ordered 20th oct & dispatched on 30th

I'm now on day one of the "following up your order" infinite loop

#DateParcel Status
    112020-11-09We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

looking at various sites it seems the "following up" can take a few days or a lot longer

this guy posted on trustpilot - he only had a few days in the loop:
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/users/5f63bbd7a70863a6a85c5716

comparing the above to a friend (got him to send me his tracking updates) it looks like he got lucky with the transit and missed the loop entirely.
    however, he was waiting about 3 or 4 weeks between placing the order & dispatch.

#DateParcel Status
    102020-10-04Your parcel has arrived at GLS, please follow this link for further information: I]*gls tracking number[/I
    92020-10-03Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    82020-10-02Shipment further connected.
    72020-10-01Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    62020-09-30Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    52020-09-29Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    42020-09-28Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    32020-09-27Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    22020-09-26In transit.
    12020-09-25The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

*gls tracking number was the eglobal one with first 2 & last 2 numbers removed

glory83 - comparing dates our orders are probably in the same container :/

I believe so. Still
    122020-11-10We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

I should not have ordered again after last time when DPD lost my parcel after nearly 2 months waiting. But the pricing was very mouth watering to resist :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

I ordered headphones 1 month ago now and they only reached GLS today, be warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

First time ordering from them as they were a nice bit cheaper than anywhere else.
    Ordered a phone for the wifes birthday 6 weeks to the day before her birthday.
    Her birthday was last week & still no sign of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

eGlobal use to be somewhat reliable with delivery time of 2-3 weeks and zero customs as the label was created in Germany before shipped to here. Had about 20 orders with them - no issues. Have not used them at all this year and it looks like I wont be using them in future either.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

Well 20 mins after I posted the above message the phone arrived :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Ordered on the 18th of October. Got the usual fake looking tracking updates. Contacted them on the 6th of this month to complain and hey presto got a GLS tracking number. Item seemed to be stuck in depots in the Netherlands, UK and here for a few days each but it arrived today (expensive lens thrown on the ground outside my front door).

152020-11-13We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    142020-11-12We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    132020-11-11We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    122020-11-10We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

And still waiting. They stopped replying to me. So, I am starting the proces of charge back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭soso02

Guys, is there any way to properly track orders placed with eglobal. I've tried tracking on the DPD UK website using my order number less the first two and last two digits and all that comes up is they've received the order details. It was "dispatched" a week ago now and the fake tracking on the eglobal website doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
    I know it's early days but it would be helpful to know the truth.

Thanks !

I finally lost patience with the constant stream of
    We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

I've been in the loop since 9th Nov and despite several emails/ messages via the site it's always the same "wait 24 / 48 hrs".

When I asked on 17th if the issue was logistics or customs the reply was
    We are checking with relevant department on cause of a delivery delay

We will get back to you once we will have more information

Needless to say, they never got back to me :/

Opened a case with paypal today & replied (again) to eglobal via the site to tell them I am claiming a refund in 7 days

Once this is all over I might email Markus and advise him to find a better job.

For anyone else that got the "We apologise for the delay...." loop did you ever get the item and how long did it take once the loop started?

For anyone else that got the "We apologise for the delay...." loop did you ever get the item and how long did it take once the loop started?

My order arrived today 25 Nov. Ordered it on 24 October.

Glory83 wrote: »
    My order arrived today 25 Nov. Ordered it on 24 October.

ah bollix - hope I haven't fecked up my order

I checked the order status on eglobal to see if any updates and the order is now showing Paypal Reversed

I haven't got any refund yet.

Did your eventually get a proper tracking # ?
    If so what was the route & courier? Netherlands / GLS?

The last you posted was you were going to apply for a chargeback - had you gotten to do that?

• Advertisement

ah bollix - hope I haven't fecked up my order

I checked the order status on eglobal to see if any updates and the order is now showing Paypal Reversed

I haven't got any refund yet.

Did your eventually get a proper tracking # ?
    If so what was the route & courier? Netherlands / GLS?

The last you posted was you were going to apply for a chargeback - had you gotten to do that?

Yes, I got another tracking number to GLS. It took around one week with GLS to arrive. Did not proceed with the charge back as I was advised to wait more and got the tracking from GLS in the meantime.

Glory83 wrote: »
    Yes, I got another tracking number to GLS. It took around one week with GLS to arrive. Did not proceed with the charge back as I was advised to wait more and got the tracking from GLS in the meantime.

nice one. thanks for info

I've just checked the tracking again with GLS (eglobal # with 4 digits removed) & it looks like it's on it's way:

Oct 29, 2020 07:09 GLS
    The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS
    Netherlands
    Nov 26, 2020 19:51 GLS
    The parcel was handed over to GLS
    Netherlands
    Nov 26, 2020 19:52 GLS
    The parcel has left the parcel center
    Netherlands

from gls site..
    "In Europe, standard delivery times are generally between 24 and 96 hours."

so prob another week for me too :/

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

Holy cannoli guys, I got an update. I checked the gls site by removing the 4 digits and it just got handed over last night, i was about to send an email requesting a refund. This is great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

E-Global takes time, do not be in a rush, you get 3 products for the price of two here in Ireland so im generally not to worried about the warranty, saying that I know a local whose camera lens failed, E-Global got it sorted via an agent in the UK.

BatMaths wrote: »
    Holy cannoli guys, I got an update. I checked the gls site by removing the 4 digits and it just got handed over last night, i was about to send an email requesting a refund. This is great

don't get too excited yet :)

mine was handed over on 26th in NL and still hasn't even made it to this country yet, never mind being delivered

30/11/2020 19:04
    The parcel has left the parcel center.
    United Kingdom

26/11/2020 19:52
    Netherlands

26/11/2020 19:51
    The parcel was handed over to GLS.
    Netherlands

• Registered Users Posts: 13 irmasp

I ordered iPhone 12 dual sim on 26th of Nov. Had to be 24h dispatch, but it did not happen till29th :) So far I get the following tracking story. Wonder how many more stops it will have :)

Date
    Parcel Status
    2020-12-07
    Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    2020-12-06
    Shipment further connected :)
    2020-12-05
    Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    2020-12-04
    Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    2020-12-03
    Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    2020-12-02
    Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    2020-12-01
    Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2020-11-30
    In transit.
    2020-11-29
    The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

don't get too excited yet :)

mine was handed over on 26th in NL and still hasn't even made it to this country yet, never mind being delivered

30/11/2020 19:04
    United Kingdom

26/11/2020 19:52
    Netherlands

26/11/2020 19:51
    The parcel was handed over to GLS.
    Netherlands

still no update on the gls tracking
    I've tried contacting them via the form on the website, a DM to their twitter account and also by phone.
    no replies yet.
    was on hold on the phone so long the call dropped :/

have also emailed them at the address mentioned on their phone IVR

as a comparison, an order from a different supplier that I placed shortly after midnight on 30th Nov was pre-advised to UPS before midday the same date, collected by them a few hours later & delivered on 4th Dec.
    that was from germany.

WTF are GLS at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ordered a phone from them and it took about 3 weeks to arrive. Anything I've ever got from them takes 2 weeks minimum. Fine as long as you are not in a hurry as they usually are a little cheaper.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Ordered a phone from them and it took about 3 weeks to arrive. Anything bi've ever got from them takes 2 weeks minimum. Fine as long as you are not in a hurry as they usually are a little cheaper.

my order was places on 20th oct so almost 7 weeks now :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

my order was places on 20th oct so almost 7 weeks now :/

Mine placed on 18th November. Its in the UK at the moment. I should have it by end of week as its 3rd week now.

Advertisement