Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

irmasp wrote: »
    My story :)

2020-12-19 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

What do you think you'll do?

Most probably it will arrive. It's just frustrating the lack of real information.

This is my "logged" journey so far. Presumably, it's just nonsense tracking until it actually gets to the Nederlands.
    Date
    Parcel Status
    2020-12-21
    Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    2020-12-20
    Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2020-12-19
    In transit.
    2020-12-18
    The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Order made on the 10th.

Got the dispatched email on the 17th.

#
    Date
    Parcel Status
    2020-12-21
    The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

On the GLS website I get this: The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I opened a case with Paypal as its not going to be here for at least another 3 weeks it hasn't even hit holland yet, Paypal are just as bad looking like 2 weeks for them to resolve the issue.
    My story :)

2020-12-19 We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

Mine is the same but a week earlier

Order made on the 10th.

Got the dispatched email on the 17th.

#
    Date
    Parcel Status
    2020-12-21

On the GLS website I get this: The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

Same for me.

I imagine both our items are probably in the same freight headed to Nederlands from China. I reckon China-Nederlands thing is the trick. It's not going to have a valid tracking number as it's outside the E.U. and these products (I imagine) as supposed to be arriving in Ireland from within the E.U. So the real tracking number only exists from the Nederlands to Ireland, so essentially, it's only really traceable back to Nederlands (if Irish customs check it, that is?

Any journey before Nederlands is a ghost journey.

I'm purely speculating but that what I'm guessing is the scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Immelman

Order originally placed end Nov.
    My package was handed over to
    - GLS Holland on the 14/12
    - GLS UK Received package 17/12
    So far no further updates from GLS. They appear to as bad as eGlobal in terms of turnaround

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Jinicos

I've placed an order on 6th Dec.(Sony xm4 headphones)
    11-12-2020 - received dispatching soon email
    15-12-2020 - *dispatched*(yeah for sure)

2020-12-22 - Shipment further connected.
    2020-12-21 - Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    2020-12-20 - Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    2020-12-19 - Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    2020-12-18 - Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    2020-12-17 - Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2020-12-16 - In transit.
    2020-12-15 - The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

I don't think I'll get my package within this year 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭corks finest

Jinicos wrote: »
    I've placed an order on 6th Dec.(Sony xm4 headphones)
    11-12-2020 - received dispatching soon email
    15-12-2020 - *dispatched*(yeah for sure)

2020-12-22 - Shipment further connected.
    2020-12-21 - Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    2020-12-20 - Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    2020-12-19 - Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    2020-12-18 - Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    2020-12-17 - Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2020-12-16 - In transit.
    2020-12-15 - The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

I don't think I'll get my package within this year 😂
    Theyre beyond bad

• Registered Users Posts: 13 irmasp

after 25 days of waiting, finally, there is information about DPD in Belgium. parcel in transit :)

after 25 days of waiting, finally, there is information about DPD in Belgium. parcel in transit :)

What was the last tracking info on the link Eglobal sent you then?

This is mine at the moment

7 2020-12-23 Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    6 2020-12-22 Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    5 2020-12-21 Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    4 2020-12-20 Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    3 2020-12-19 Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2 2020-12-18 In transit.
    1 2020-12-17 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

2 2020-12-18 In transit.
    1 2020-12-17 The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

2020-12-21
    We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

This sentence was repeated 11 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Immelman

Small glimmer of hope for a pre Xmas delivery GLS updated parcel as in Limerick 23/12

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

2 2020-12-18 In transit.
    Think I’m waiting on the same shipment. My tracking is the same today. Now we wait on either a “your shipment is delayed” notification or the GLS tracking becomes active. So much for the Xmas present...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leanne813

Hi there, anyone else order around the 3rd of December, last update I had was from gls netherlands on the 19th , saying it was in transit to ireland.

No other update from eglobal.
    I presume its got delayed in the UK. But no update since the 19th

Anyone else in the same boat? Its a camera 📷 I've ordered no rush on it. Would just like to know a time frame

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Ordered 4 Dec
    Dispatched 9 Dec
    Left Netherlands 14 Dec
    Left UK 16 Dec
    Reached Ireland parcel center 22 Dec
    Reached Ireland parcel center 23 Dec

Nothing today 24 Dec, not looking good.

ned14 wrote: »
    Think I’m waiting on the same shipment. My tracking is the same today. Now we wait on either a “your shipment is delayed” notification or the GLS tracking becomes active. So much for the Xmas present...

My latest update

8 2020-12-24 Shipment further connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

GLS have suspended shipments to Ireland now. So even if it arrives in the Netherlands, we’ll still be waiting.

UK & Ireland
    Date 24-12-2020
    Delay Unknown
    Details As a result of the previously suspended transport of passengers and goods to and from the United Kingdom, Ireland and Northern Ireland, GLS Netherlands has stopped the transport until further notice. Parcels that are already in the network will be delivered.

I just got randomly refunded. That was a long wait for nothing. Got two cameras off them before and now this. This is the last time I'll use them. Prices are good but but not THAT good when you factor in the waiting and bad communication.

#
    Date
    Parcel Status
    2020-12-27
    We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.
    2020-12-26
    Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news.
    2020-12-25
    Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly.
    2020-12-24
    Shipment further connected.
    2020-12-23
    Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    2020-12-22
    Shipment is on its way to the local depot.
    2020-12-21
    Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility.
    2020-12-20
    Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly.
    2020-12-19
    Shipment is en-route to courier depot.
    2020-12-18
    In transit.
    2020-12-17

I just got randomly refunded. That was a long wait for nothing. Got two cameras off them before and now this. This is the last time I'll use them. Prices are good but but not THAT good when you factor in the waiting and bad communication.

They should be boycotted, doing this sort of stuff for years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I've still an open dispute with paypal over this looks like it's going to take them a month to resolve it.
    I'm tempted to charge back on my card but not sure how paypal handle that. Still not handed over to GLS

• Advertisement

mightyreds wrote: »
    I've still an open dispute with paypal over this looks like it's going to take them a month to resolve it.
    I'm tempted to charge back on my card but not sure how paypal handle that. Still not handed over to GLS

PayPal sorted my dispute quickly, and tbh they must be inundated with claims ref eglobal at this stage, so I reckon you'll be sorted quicker than you think, eglobal must be related to Eir ref the way they treat its customers

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Oletimer

Beware as I ordered from a Hong Kong-based website purporting to be UK-based in its URL. Admittedly the goods I ordered were well packed for transportation from Hong Kong that took over 21 days to reach these shores, and there is no way to communicate with them as they put up a support link that goes totally unanswered, non-existent, and the Tracking Codes they issue are tracking codes for China-based postal services and citizens.

Although my goods were eventually delivered by DPD, there was no way of tracking anything from placing the order to until the day of delivery.

Now, I'd rather pay just a little bit extra and buy from these shores for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I stopped oredering from them last year. I didnt have any bad experiences just felt some reviews were not great.

I have ordered twice from eFinity and found them very good. Tracking was good and fairly accurate. Courier did lose a parcel on me but no quibble money back or replacement offered. I took replacement and it arrived in week.

leanne813 wrote: »
    Hi there, anyone else order around the 3rd of December, last update I had was from gls netherlands on the 19th , saying it was in transit to ireland.

No other update from eglobal.
    I presume its got delayed in the UK. But no update since the 19th

Anyone else in the same boat? Its a camera 📷 I've ordered no rush on it. Would just like to know a time frame

My buddy informed me this morning that eglobal are refunding him as the S20 ultra he paid for ages ago isn't in stock, he didn't even go down the PayPal route, bad shower

My order is finally delivered today. iphone12 dual sim. Ordered on 27th of November. To Lithuania.

I've noticed that the tracking link eglobal sends updates at midnight every night.

On my third day of

I've noticed that the tracking link eglobal sends updates at midnight every night.

Because its just a nonsense update. It doesnt mean anything. Until it gets into a European courier, those updates are phoney.

I was getting updates and then they just randomly refunded me. Likely because they didnt have the product. I even emailed them when it took ages to dispatch and they didn't even have the decency to tell me the idem wasnt available. But I keep getting Google display ads for eGlobal and the item. And the item I "bought" even went on sale.

Its bizarre. Never using them again. As I said before. Bought two cameras worth over €1k each off them. That was ok. But that was over a year ago. They just seem worse. Can't trust them.

Now, the item I wanted is on sale locally and I can't buy it because I'm waiting for this slow refund from paypal/eGlobal

**** them. Its a total gamble going with eGlobal. Don't bother.

Because its just a nonsense update. It doesnt mean anything. Until it gets into a European courier, those updates are phoney.

I was getting updates and then they just randomly refunded me. Likely because they didnt have the product. I even emailed them when it took ages to dispatch and they didn't even have the decency to tell me the idem wasnt available. But I keep getting Google display ads for eGlobal and the item. And the item I "bought" even went on sale.

Its bizarre. Never using them again. As I said before. Bought two cameras worth over €1k each off them. That was ok. But that was over a year ago. They just seem worse. Can't trust them.

Now, the item I wanted is on sale locally and I can't buy it because I'm waiting for this slow refund from paypal/eGlobal

**** them. Its a total gamble going with eGlobal. Don't bother.

Need to get your head examined if you trust them

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

markad1 wrote: »
    Ordered 4 Dec
    Dispatched 9 Dec
    Left Netherlands 14 Dec
    Left UK 16 Dec
    Reached Ireland parcel center 22 Dec
    Reached Ireland parcel center 23 Dec

Nothing today 24 Dec, not looking good.

Delivered today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

Is there an alternative for Cameras / Lenses ? I saw a link for a German site a while back but cannot find it since.
    Don't think I would bother with regional now

Advertisement