Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options
1656667686971»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Sanjuro wrote: »
    That's good to hear. Thanks for the update.

Phone arrived this morning,15 days from when i ordered,so nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

Seems like eglobalcentral.eu has come to an end, if someone wants to go to their website, this is the message that comes up:

We regrettably inform that we have closed down eGlobal Central EU.

We will continue to process our remaining outstanding orders. For any queries please email support@eglobalcentraleu.com.

I'd say there's a new kind on the block or shall we say clone on the horizon, namely ultraonlineeu.com. Even more aggressive on prices than now former eglobalcentral. Check out their shipping and insurance policy:

https://www.ultraonlineeu.com/en_EU/shipping-and-insurance

Future looks interesting for the grey market online shopping, indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

versager wrote: »
    Seems like eglobalcentral.eu has come to an end, if someone wants to go to their website, this is the message that comes up:

We regrettably inform that we have closed down eGlobal Central EU.

We will continue to process our remaining outstanding orders. For any queries please email support@eglobalcentraleu.com.

I'd say there's a new kind on the block or shall we say clone on the horizon, namely ultraonlineeu.com. Even more aggressive on prices than now former eglobalcentral. Check out their shipping and insurance policy:

https://www.ultraonlineeu.com/en_EU/shipping-and-insurance

Future looks interesting for the grey market online shopping, indeed...

Their reviews aren't filling me with confidence
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.ultraonlineeu.com

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Eglobal reviews were more attractive? Never had any issue with eglobal and reviews were more than bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Panamoz are my go-to now. Not quite as cheap, but they have a much better reputation than other grey importers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Site gone it seems. Notice posted in place of old home page

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone know why they closed down?

Ultra EU seems to have also closed down....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

E-Infinity still going and probably the safest of the bigger HK operations.

Their EU distribution point has moved from the UK to France so Brexit no longer a factor, business as usual for EU buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I can't seem to get on to einfinity today at all. Looks like their website is down. Dunno if it's just a short term outage or have they now closed too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tele2020

Just a heads up on something I noticed today on e-infin. A lens I was watching had a certain price and was out of stock. Its back in today and has an extra €100 thrown onto it, so not impressed by them doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tele2020

E-infin just added €400 to R6, is that price gauging or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

Works out a better deal buying it in Conns, its 2699e in Conns with 250e back after purchase so you pay 2449e then in Conns vs 2675e on E-infin and you get the Canon 2 year warranty with Conns. I bought an R6 of them in August, its a great bit of kit but I do wish I could have afforded the R5 with it being 2.25x times more resolution that the R6. Btw the reason the prices are going up is supply and demand they likely wont get more till 2022 so put their prices up, alot of electronics are gone scarce with chip shortages since late 2019 when covid messed the world up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dmac98

Where’s good to get a phone now? Just fancied the iPhone from e global as I used to and see that It’s gone as discussed further up the thread. Any suggestions where I should go?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭BPH

Hi, any alternative website out there for buying sim free phones at a reasonable price. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

I use https://csmobiles.com now for mobile phones.

Similar wait times to eglobal about 10-12 days, and i have got every order i placed.

Only issue is the 25 euro delivery charge on every item, even in bulk orders and no import charges in case anyone is wondering.

Advertisement