If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TVs which support Intel WiDi

Options
  • 22-02-2014 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Hi Richersounds
    I am looking for a TV which supports Intel WiDi

Not paricularly fussed about brand and size requierement would be 42-46in
    Also not fussed if the unit is a smartTV (although i guess it has to be in order to support WiDi) and not oo fussd about 3D either

I just want to mirror my laptop scren on my TV wirelessly!
    Any suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

geecee wrote: »
    Hi Richersounds
    I am looking for a TV which supports Intel WiDi

Not paricularly fussed about brand and size requierement would be 42-46in
    Also not fussed if the unit is a smartTV (although i guess it has to be in order to support WiDi) and not oo fussd about 3D either

I just want to mirror my laptop scren on my TV wirelessly!
    Any suggestions appreciated!
    Hi Geecee.

I have hunted the internet and it is pretty hard to work out which screens have and don't have Intel Widi.

I can see LG and Samsung do but as to which screens they are I can t seem to get any info.
    I will have to give their technical team a call on Monday and see what details I can gather.

Online it seems to be mostly American version have this.

As soon as I get the info I will post it here for you.

" I did get some information on LG but it seems that the largest is a 27" for the 2013 models."

"Also on Samsung it seems that 27" is also the largest, without going into their professional range at 65" and over (Not televisions, panels only)"

I will call each on Monday and get confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wozza

Hi GeeCee & Kenny

Sorry to hijack this but have been researching the LG range of TV's and found this link on Youtube, I may be completely wrong and if I am I apologise, if these App's dont work in Ireland/UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXeAOki9_kg

and also this one from LG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6GcPHgaxak

It shows/talks through how to connect to the TV via NFC, Miracast & WiDi using the Smart share app also known as Plex media center or this may be another app. these apps allow to share media content from Iphone's tablets and android phones

Hope this helps you in your quest Geecee

"edit"

There is a video on Youtube from LG india so it appears that it works worldwide on all LG smart TV's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGlntyeHaGM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

This may be of no use to you whatsoever but I bought a 24LGMS53V which has WIDI capability. (27 inch of the same TV supports WIDI too AFAIK)

Unfortunately however, my laptop does not have the capability despite having the relevant specs in terms of graphics and RAM/CPU etc. Just something to be aware of in case you havent tried widi on your laptop.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.