Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic card resolution too small, what to do?

Options
  • 22-02-2014 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello,
    i have a notebook and i was getting Drivers theory test cd, but after installing it it tells me the resolution of my computer is too small to run this software.
    My max resolution seems to be 1024x600
    The cd requires 1024x768.

is there any way of running this cd, any way of making the resolution bigger with driver or anything (i have windows 7).

I can't believe that such basic cd can not be used in my notebook (in external dvd/cd drive).

if you have any solution to it or any way how to make resolution bigger, please help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TheDarkStorm

Is it running Windowed or is it running full screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Use an external monitor, maybe. Which netbook is it?

People have posted before about netbooks being a problem with minimum resolution for some apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 searching the sun

Running full screen.

Its Msi U180 netbook.
    Yea, i can see that the max resolution is 1024x600.
    What im asking is if there is any way of raising max resolution?

External screen...hmm...the only other screen i have at home is tv, its an old one though, i dont know whats its resolution, It is so old it only has scart connection. I can try getting usb-scart connection to try...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

An old TV has a lower resolution. You'd need a new TV or just any old monitor.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_15"+Dell+Monitor/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TheDarkStorm

Have you tried to run it in windowed mode by any chance?

• Advertisement
Advertisement