Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice wanted !!

Options
  • 22-02-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi , i have received the offer form DKIT this year .
    My program is pharmaceutical science .
    Is there anyone hv some advice or comment on this course ?
    Is the lecturers experienced ?
    I have heard from many ppls that this course is very tough so that i hv lost some confident in it .
    But is it as hard as pharmacy ?
    Anyone can give some information about it ?
    THANKS !:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Furez

Hiya Yien
    I'm doing Applied Bioscience, which shares a lot of the same subjects in 1st and 2nd year.
    Most lecturers are excellent and really do go beyond their duty to ensure you pass, provided you make an effort and attend lectures/labs.

Class sizes are small ~40 for the Pharmas to~80 when combined with the Bio's, so everyone knows everyone and help each other out.
    The course isn't tough if you attend everything. Do write-ups when you get them and not the day before the deadline. And do not sit at the back (there must be a formula where Distance from lecturer is proportional to poor results).

Feel free to ask about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Yien_y

Furez wrote: »
    Hiya Yien
    I'm doing Applied Bioscience, which shares a lot of the same subjects in 1st and 2nd year.
    Most lecturers are excellent and really do go beyond their duty to ensure you pass, provided you make an effort and attend lectures/labs.

Class sizes are small ~40 for the Pharmas to~80 when combined with the Bio's, so everyone knows everyone and help each other out.
    The course isn't tough if you attend everything. Do write-ups when you get them and not the day before the deadline. And do not sit at the back (there must be a formula where Distance from lecturer is proportional to poor results).

Feel free to ask about anything.

thanks for the information . (:
    so , pharmscience ,phamarcy and applied bioscience student hv lecturer class in the same classroom ?
    because i;m an international student . so im abit curios about is there many international student ?

btw , how about the hostel of DKIT ?
    thanks for the reply !:)

There is no Pharmacy, just pharmaceutical and applied bioscience.
    There are lots of international students per class. We have 6 Malaysian's and 1 Chinese students in our class of 38, roughly similar numbers in pharmaceutical and if your user name is anything to go by you'll have plenty of company.
    I know a lot of the international students stay in an apartment block near the college for the first year, never heard any complaints about it. I can find out more if you need info.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Yien_y

Hi , Thanks for the info :D
    can u tell me more about this school like hostel , wifi connection , canteen , sport clubs , other society and also facilities in DKIT ?

is the fail percentage of Pharmaceutical course high ?Since it is not an very easy course .

Besides , do you know how much is the books fees per annum ?
    Im abit curious about it .

Thanks

Dont know much about accommodation. Good facilities, sports and other societies. Free wifi. OK canteen.

Fail rates are very low in 1st year, 2-3 out of forty. 2nd year it can be fairly high 10-15. But not because its a hard course, just those that don't attend lectures/labs and don't put much effort into reports/projects/write-ups.

If you are Malaysian or Chinese and have done science, you will find 1st year very basic and 2nd year easy. I've heard about the long school hours international students are used to. English can be a barrier for essay type questions but most international students seem to do better than the Irish overall.

I don't understand book fees. If you mean buying actual books, there's no need. There is a good library, and you print lecturers notes.

If you mean college course fees, I dont know but they can be found on the college website. http://dkit.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement