Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure from Receiver

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

Do you know that your deposit is gone?

You are still required to adhere to the terms of your lease, you don't want to have the receiver pursuing you for a breach of contract.

We are currently enquiring into that but the Receiver has told us the landlord is liable for it so until we get confirmation otherwise then I will assume it is gone. But I am checking into it and not giving up until I am 100% sure.
    Our lease expired and the LL effectively let it run on / never came near us so we just continued paying rent as normal so I assumed we would be okay but you have raised a good point so I'll make a phone call tomorrow to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

SM746 wrote: »
    We are currently enquiring into that but the Receiver has told us the landlord is liable for it so until we get confirmation otherwise then I will assume it is gone. But I am checking into it and not giving up until I am 100% sure.
    Our lease expired and the LL effectively let it run on / never came near us so we just continued paying rent as normal so I assumed we would be okay but you have raised a good point so I'll make a phone call tomorrow to be on the safe side.

The terms of your lease are still valid, you should have transferred to a part 4 tenancy now. You can read more about that here: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/types_of_tenancy.html

If you can confirm the status of your deposit, I would then do one of two things:
    1) Ask the landlord to give it to the receiver to hold it in escrow until you leave the property,
    2)Ask the receiver if they would be agreeable to an arrangement whereby you can recoup the costs of your deposit if the landlord no longer has it.

Advertisement