Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Gang of lads

• 22-02-2014 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Heading to Liverpool in two weeks for a weekend of beer, any must visit watering holes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Chipbutty wrote: »
    Heading to Liverpool in two weeks for a weekend of beer, any must visit watering holes?

living over here and suggest (considering its for a lads weekend)

The bierkeller in Liverpool one
    Mathew street (think temple bar but not a rip off)
    Pogmahones
    Concert square area

• Registered Users Posts: 40 bobsnob

stay away from concert square..get down to goodison park for a game if you can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

don't do the beatles cab tour

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mick_1984

Alright mate,

I'm from Dublin but have been living in Liverpool for the last seven years. It’s a great city to go out in and it’s constantly changing in terms of new bars and restaurants. The pubs haven't changed in the seven years I've been here though which is great as there are some cracking boozers.

In terms of telling you where to go, it depends on what you’re looking for. The first thing I would say is unless you're looking for a dodgy night out, singing karaoke and pulling an auld one, then don't go to Mathew street. It’s rough, full of tacky bars and no-one from Liverpool goes out there. I think I've been there about 3 times in the time I've been here. The same goes for Concert square, it's generally a rough night out as well, but if you're looking for something similar to a lads canaries islands holiday, then it could be a good spot to head to.

The best bars to go to on a night out are about a 2 minute walk from Concert square. Seel street has a load of great bars; Saltdog Slims, Alma de Cuba, the Peacock, Empire, Heebie Jeebies, and there are a few decent bars on the adjacent streets. Mojo is fairly popular too just off Seel Street. If you’re looking for something different, Santa chupitos and El Bandito on Slater Street are cool places to go if you’ll drink cocktails. I’d recommend Kazimier gardens on the lower end of Seel Street for a few beers in the evening, brilliant little beer garden, fairly quirky.
    The best boozers in town in town are Ship and Mitre on Dale street, The Philharmonic pub on Hope street, Peter Kavanaghs on Egerton street, Ye cracke on Rice street and the Grapes on Roscoe street. Pogue Mahones is decent too if you fancy a genuine Irish pub. Those pubs are fairly fair apart but if you stick to either Dale Street or Hardman Street you won’t be struggling for good pubs. There’s a load of other pubs but can’t name them all so had to condense them to this. If you need to know anything else, let me know and I’ll try to help. Hope you have a good weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

+1 for The Ship and Mitre, myself and the other half went there last Monday night, great range of ales and a nice local atmosphere. Bier just off Bold St is nice but a lot more hipster-y.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭aaronosiochain

The RAZZZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

The RAZZZZ

Great spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Is there any truth in the rumours that you can get a 'warm pocket' in certain Liverpool pubs if they get a bit crowded and there are large queues for the lavatories ?

Advertisement