Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerosoft Mega Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Scone190

Yeah , I been following this too! Can't wait =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Cool, been a few years since Eirsim's Dublin 2009 release so will be nice to see how this one compares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Skyknight

I have to admit I am to, though I feel that it might have been somewhat more interesting had Terry been given the opportunity and access, that he needed to update and improve both the textures and models for the Eiresim Dublin Ultimate two years ago. Very fond of Eiresim's EINN and EICK. The new EIDW will be a very interesting comparison indeed, as it supports Prepar3d as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Yeah it's disgraceful that a German company was able to get the access, but an Irish guy couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Scone190

John_Mc wrote: »
    Yeah it's disgraceful that a German company was able to get the access, but an Irish guy couldn't.

Interesting alright !! According to their forum it will be out next week :D .

One comment I do have on eirsim is that I have no runway lights at night time in Shannon. Also when on approach during the day the PAPI's disappear for a few seconds which is very annoying !! And I am not the only person I know that has this problem :(

• Advertisement

It was a really tough break alright. Hopefully both Darren and Terry are involved in bigger (and better) things. Just looking at the screenshots, this latest incarnation looks just stunningly awesome, and with luck, will perform exceptionally as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭Matthew Gleeson

Its going to be fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Looks great, can't wait!

As an aside, how does Dublin city centre look in ORBX ireland? I flew over it at reasonably low level last night for the first time in a very long time - I'd forgotten how poor the default is!

Yeah, that looks soooo good. Seems to fit really well into the ORBIX scenery all right. It would be interesting to see what the performance is on the approach to 28, where any additional autogen might be more visible. There is I believe a program for creating outgen scenery from OSM data. It is, I think only possible to create a highly realistic city environment is with a similar tool, which would come at a performance penalty, depending on how dense the autogen scenery is.

• Advertisement

I use the Horizon VFR Ireland scenery. It looks great at about 2,500 feet AGL and above, but up close it becomes quite blurry. Also the lack of autogen is very noticeable on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Looks fantastic!!

Monday Release has been confirmed! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Well, it's out, anyone got any pics?

Treadhead wrote: »
    Well, it's out, anyone got any pics?

Its fantastic yeah. Check simmarket for the pictures ;)

Have it but I'm having scenery conflicts with either Horizon VFR or Orbx Vector causing 50 foot sinkholes on the terminal side to the M50, so I'll have to get to the bottom of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

Have it but I'm having scenery conflicts with either Horizon VFR or Orbx Vector causing 50 foot sinkholes on the terminal side to the M50, so I'll have to get to the bottom of it.

Got it today, really is fantastic. Simon, During installation i was asked by the installer was I using ORBX Scenery, Maybe this is where you are having your problem with the scenery.

airman737 wrote: »
    Got it today, really is fantastic. Simon, During installation i was asked by the installer was I using ORBX Scenery, Maybe this is where you are having your problem with the scenery.

It's a conflict with the Horizon VFR scenery . I started a thread about it on the Aerosoft forum and it was suggested to disable the dublin_ground.bgl file in the Aerosoft folder. I'll try that after work and see how I get on with it.

It's a conflict with the Horizon VFR scenery . I started a thread about it on the Aerosoft forum and it was suggested to disable the dublin_ground.bgl file in the Aerosoft folder. I'll try that after work and see how I get on with it.

Please let me know as well as I'm about to get VFR Horizon.

• Advertisement

I have had a few Out of Memory exceptions using this scenery, and Aerosoft have admitted that a few are experiencing the same over on their forums. It uses 750mb of Virtual Address Space, of which you only have 4gb regardless of how much video memory or ram you have. The 4gb limitation is from FSX being a 32 bit architecture.

When you add in the PMDG NGX, FTX Ireland, Nice textures and clouds, you soon reach 4gb and get the OOM error. They're going to update the configuration tool to allow you turn off/on certain features to adjust the overall memory it requires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Is this going to be available for X-Plane?

Advertisement