Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter camping

Options
  • 23-02-2014 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi, we went camping as a family for the first time last year and the kids loved it.Thinking of maybe going somewhere again this Easter.Of course this will be a late decision depending on what the weather is doing.If okay how busy would the campsites be at this time of year?Last summer we went a couple of times during the great weather and the campsites were packed.
    Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What ages are the kids. Tralee is always a good bet. Plenty to do there if the weather is ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

What ages are the kids. Tralee is always a good bet. Plenty to do there if the weather is ****.

Kids are 9 and 7.Just wondering if many folk go camping at Easter or is it too early for most?

Nah Easter is late this year. Have been away about 5 times already this year. By Easter ppl will have cabin fever and dying to get away.

Where did you camp 5 times already this year?Pretty hardy I would have thought?

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Where did you camp 5 times already this year?Pretty hardy I would have thought?

Caravanning not camping. Glen of Aherlow and Leitrim. Wasn't too bad but the sat just gone was vey wild...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 pilslager

Try Wolohans silver strand Wicklow, they open Apr 11. Last year I was there easter week and there was still snow on the sugarloaf. Still had a good weekend. Its not that far from you, I get there in hour and half from trim in Meath pulling a caravan, great spot.

Thanks Pilslager.I know this is totally weather dependent but is Easter a busy time for camping in Ireland?How did you find Wolohans to be last year?
    Camped for the first time last summer in the great weather and of course the sites were jammers.Trying to gauge how the camping season runs here in terms of how busy it is.

Hi, yeah last year was the busiest i have seen wolohans, i spent most of the summer there in the great weather. I have tried lots of campsites over the years and always seem to go back to wicklow for some reason, must be the sea air. Last easter was very quiet there, but thats the way i like it.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seankb

Was in loughkey last year for the first time. Would def recommend it don't know if it's open at this time of year. Achill island is my favorite place to go but I'm nearly 100% sure the keel campsite isn't open for Easter.

Have to agree with last post , Lough key is great for camping and they open 29th march this year, and Keel in Achill is also one of my favourite places to be (pig of a drive pulling a van) but worth it when there, they open 0n the 17th of april this year, just googled them.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seankb

I think I know what I'm doing in April now :-)

Advertisement