Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas / Advice on Long Reach Pole Saw

• 23-02-2014 2:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Looking for some guidance on pole saws (manual). I have a Darlac Expert 5 metre pole saw, it’s a good tool, cuts up to 8 inch diameter, cost about 100 euro (handle & saw blade). The only drawback is the length; ideally I need another 2 metres or more. The Silky is only 6.5 metres and is a little overpriced and wouldn’t be long enough anyway. Jameson are probably the best but again price is an issue there too.

I’ve been looking online at poles that window cleaners use and come across a few brands as follows (none have saw heads but that’s not a deal breaker, I could work around that):

Unger Optiloc Telescopic 9 meter (aluminium) approx 90 euro
    Ettore Reach Telescopic 9.7 metre (aluminium) approx 110 euro

Has anyone gone down this route of using window cleaning poles for pole saws and if so what’s the user friendly-ness of them (locking of sections, head adaptors etc)? I know there will be some flexing of poles over such a distance but again I can work with that since the saw only needs to work on the pull stroke.

Any help / ideas appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i have in the past bought a saw for 15 euro in the hardware and bought a length of wood and cut it to the length i needed, i then undid the screws on the handle of saw and screwed it onto the length of wood, and was able to cut away, wood did not bend and i got what i needed done, a few branches from the tops of trees that would have interfered with esb wires, all went well with a bit of sawing,
    all in all it cost under 20 euro, i had looked at saws with long handles, too dear for me and what i needed doing,

Advertisement