Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Easy calorie intake

• 23-02-2014 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Need to get calories in but its like a full time job in itself , any ideas on how to get calories in? Tried GOMAD but gained a lot of fat, maybe if I done more cardio while I was doing it would have spread the weight around my body. Any ideas would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Nuts, great for gettin the calories in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

thestar wrote: »
    Need to get calories in but its like a full time job in itself , any ideas on how to get calories in? Tried GOMAD but gained a lot of fat, maybe if I done more cardio while I was doing it would have spread the weight around my body. Any ideas would be appreciated

Why do you want the calories? Of course surplus calories was going to make you gain fat.

Looking for ways to ingest extra calories gives the impression that you're forcing yourself to eat extra food, why would you then do cardio to counter the extra calories you've forced yourself to consume?

500 extra calories from food - 500 extra calories burned from cardio = 0 net calories. A much less mind bogglingly futile way to get the same results would be to not consume any extra calories in the first place.

750 extra calories from food - 500 calories burned from cardio = 250 surplus calories. Just consume 250 extra calories and don't bother spinning your wheels doing cardio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Queen's_race

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Full fat milk. Works for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

coconut milk
    coconut fat
    butter
    nuts

but I don't understand your aims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

All extra calories will make you fat. If it's from gomad or chicken and broccoli. If you put on fat while on gomad then you went toomad.

Getting even more calories in now from different sources will result in you getting fatter.

Work out exactly what your body needs and eat slightly in surplus.
    Gomad is exactly what it is. A gallon of milk. That's a crap ton of calories. If you don't need a crap ton then it's no wonder you put on fat.

You can still drink milk if you struggle to eat those calories. But make sure you drink an appropriate amount of milk to slightly exceed your calorie requirements a day. But DAAAOMTSEYCRAD just doesn't roll off the tongue like GOMAD does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Advertisement