Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digital Media course

• 23-02-2014 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

So I am very interested in the Digital Media course on offer at NUIM. I was wondering maybe if anyone has done or is doing this course would answer some questions.

I'm interested in sports journalism and game design/web design, is this course good for me?

In general what is the course like? Maybe if you could just sum it up

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

I did it when it was called multimedia ( I think digital media is what it changed into?) There's nothing to do with game design and most web related modules are technical not design based, though their was a web design module in the final year.

As for journalism there's probably better suited courses out there. Last I heard the course was divided into two with one version being managed by the CS department and another managed by the Media Studies department. Most Media studies modules we had were fairly general. I don't remember much being focused on journalism except for a module on media law.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Luke7

Hmm well looking at the details on the NUIM website it states career options after the course would be web design, advertising, animation and game design and journalism, research, marketing and public relations. You don't think this course would suit me so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

Yeah the career options are bull****e. Judge the course on the modules. Check the description for all of them and read through carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Luke7

Okay thanks for the help. Out of interest, after you finished the course what did you go on to do?

Advertisement