Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity and gas prices Sydney

Options
  • 23-02-2014 7:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi guys could ye post what you're spending on bills like electricity, gas and internet etc a month.

As I'm unsure what it costs because where I'm staying at the min all bills are included but I'm thinking of getting my own place and renting out a couple of rooms to lower my bills, so I'm just trying to get a rough estimate of costs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

top madra wrote: »
    Hi guys could ye post what you're spending on bills like electricity, gas and internet etc a month.

As I'm unsure what it costs because where I'm staying at the min all bills are included but I'm thinking of getting my own place and renting out a couple of rooms to lower my bills, so I'm just trying to get a rough estimate of costs.

A lot of it depends on the age of the place. At the moment I'm in a brand new place and electricity is 300 per quarter and gas is about 100. 2-bed place. My last place was older and a helluva lot more.

It also depends on things like air con, drier, number of people living there.

I'd also be interested to see what others are paying though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Ours is about $400 a quarter for electricity. Thats a large 2 bedroom apartment (113 sq.m) with washing machine, dishwasher , fridge freezer and usual electrics. It's not the brightest of places so lights are used during the day in parts of the apartment.

3 people live there including myself but I'm only there 1 week out of every 4 with work.

We don't have gas. Internet is about $70 per month for 200GB limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭linola_c

Same - last bill 440 for 2 bedroom, gas and electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

totally depends on where you are, type of place you're in, whether you have air-con, gas, or insulation, and who your 'supplier' is!

my last leccy bill (1 bed, 2 peeps, in Adelaide) was $208, the one before that - in the middle of an adelaide winter - was $365. That was mostly due to needing the heaters to warm the place up a little. I think the utilities companies are all supplied by the same supplier (they are in SA at least). You just need to compare the to compare the rates and conditions. Plenty of comparison sites do that. If you can estimate your kwh usage you'll get a better idea of what you might spent.

[edit] just re-read the question! my last gas bill was about $170, but it tends to fluctuate throughout the year too as we only use it for hot water (summer = cold shower time!!). as for internet, you get what you pay for, and plans vary wildly!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

I live with my girlfriend in a pretty big one bed in Sydney and our elec is usually 180-200 a quarter (try not to use our air con)

gas was 215 for the last quarter which is about 95% from the hot water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Wow? I'm paying between $120 and $160 in a 3 bed Queenslander in Brisbane. We're conscious of electricity but still.

No air con but fan on most of the day/evening time depending on work.

I can't remember our last gas bill though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Phil UGC

As has been stated, you are looking at anywhere between about $200 and $400+ a quarter for electricity. There are so many variables it is hard to be exact.

Internet: you're looking at $30 - $50 a month and up, depending on what package you need. Check out Internode and iinet.

Advertisement