Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Swansea. Not on tv but you know yourself...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Got away with it yet again, anyone know what a clean sheet is? I think ive heard of it before but im not sure

Don't you find those on the washing line or the dryer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

noodler wrote: »
    It was an awful performance and I really hope BR recognises the massive let off that it was.

Can only pray Norwich give us a cushion cos at the moment I think we will need it.

Your really negative man. Do you expect to win every game 5-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Great to get the 3 points but the problems from goal keeper to midfield need to be addressed ASAP. They all seem nervous on the ball and don't seem to trust each other too.

We need a calming influence like Lucas at his best to settle things down and keep the ball.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

irishfeen wrote: »
    Could easily been a draw or a loss for Liverpool, they have to keep SAS scoring to get 4th... defence is a big worry for them.

Could have
    Should have
    Would have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Thank God that is over . now come on norwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

that was heart stopping stuff. three points in the bag though, over to Spurs. Top scorers in the league now too. Wonder if we'll score 100 this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

In past seasons that game would have probably slipped away from you. Theres something different about Pool this season. You look good for 4th place at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Kerigooney...after some consideration I've decided not to endorse you setting up match threads

Ah come on...it was a great game...never in doubt :eek:

In past seasons that game would have probably slipped away from you. Theres something different about Pool this season. You look good for 4th place at least

Rodgers has a serious team spirit going.

And Sturridge is playing like a man possessed.

Thanks Chelsea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Great to get the 3 points but the problems from goal keeper to midfield need to be addressed ASAP. They all seem nervous on the ball and don't seem to trust each other too.

We need a calming influence like Lucas at his best to settle things down and keep the ball.

Results are better without lucas, we had mf problems with him in the team. We were not dominated in mf today we just gave away daft goals from nothing situations (pen, and poorly defended free kick).

This Lucas revisionism is the same as the johnson revisionism.

We just need to not defend like drunken schoolgirls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rodgers is really trolling BNMC. With Liverpool winning football matches constantly and his own team being sh!t, he chose the wrong season to troll Liverpool match threads!! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Could have
    Should have
    Would have
    No need to get ratty - just giving my opinion mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

All that matters is 3 points. Anything else is irrelevant. Johnson and Agger coming back are huge positives for me despite conceding 3 goals.

They couldn't be faulted for any of the 3. Skrtl was always going to be done for dragging in the box at some stage in the law of averages, just happened to be this game.

A backline of Flanagan, Skrtl, Toure and Cissokho will never get you the title so I'm glad to see Agger and Johnson return for the final push.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

We've been saying since the 5-3 win against Stoke that the defense is a shambles, it hasn't been addressed because we play a high-risk game and flood players forward

it's not entirely the fault of the back four although none of our centre-backs have impressed, it's how we play, we leave ourselves exposed, our attack is so good that we can afford to concede 2 or 3 per game and still win

bad for our cariovasular health, good for the league - we play the game the way it should be played, attack attack attack - top scorers in the league now

monkey9 wrote: »
    Rodgers is really trolling BNMC. With Liverpool winning football matches constantly and his own team being sh!t, he chose the wrong season to troll Liverpool match threads!! :pac::pac:

He really makes the match threads worth it. He needs to do a course on trolling though, he's too full on. Doesn't really work.

Spurs 31 goals behind us is hard to believe!

All that matters is 3 points. Anything else is irrelevant. Johnson and Agger coming back are huge positives for me despite conceding 3 goals.

They couldn't be faulted for any of the 3. Skrtl was always going to be done for dragging in the box at some stage in the law of averages, just happened to be this game.

A backline of Flanagan, Skrtl, Toure and Cissokho will never get you the title so I'm glad to see Agger and Johnson return for the final push.

Johnson was poor whereas Flanagan imo was busting a gut right until the final whistle.

I'd have Cissoko in ahead of Johnson tbh. Agger was poison too. You see the game? :confused:

Agger has been poor for quite some time. Gives the ball away and gets brushed off tackles. We need sahko plus one other.

Johnson has been our worst performing left or right back this year. Want to see kelly and flanno close out the season.

irishfeen wrote: »
    No need to get ratty - just giving my opinion mate.

Ratty?

Lol

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Jumping-Out-of-Window.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Ratty?

Lol
    Aye you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

All that matters is 3 points. Anything else is irrelevant.

Sorry, really can't agree with this. Whether it is about football or anything else in fact. On a once off, maybe. Once the "anything else" is a clear pattern or an ever forming trend, it should be discussed and plans put in place to solve it.

Do you really think that Rodgers isn't sitting there thinking "how the **** do I stop us conceeding so many stupid goals"? Maybe you are right, maybe he doesn't do any sort of critical post assessment once we secure 3 points every weekend.

We are a complete cluster **** at the back. We are scoring like maniacs so it is being mitigated against somewhat but it is eventually going to cost us success unless we fix it. It is, without doubt, the one glaring short coming of this current team.

The fact that we are down to just one is one heck of an achievement but it needs to be fixed if we are to step up to the next level. Imagine what is going to happen to us against the top clubs in Europe if we do quality for the CL next season. It's going to be pretty painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Jay

sus.

Gerrard, Agger, Skrtel were all terrible today.

Feel sorry for Swansea.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Sorry, really can't agree with this. Whether it is about football or anything else in fact. On a once off, maybe. Once the "anything else" is a clear pattern or an ever forming trend, it should be discussed and plans put in place to solve it.

Do you really think that Rodgers isn't sitting there thinking "how the **** do I stop us conceeding so many stupid goals"? Maybe you are right, maybe he doesn't do any sort of critical post assessment once we secure 3 points every weekend.

We are a complete cluster **** at the back. We are scoring my maniacs so it is being mitigated against somewhat but it is eventually going to cost us success unless we fix it. It is, without doubt, the one glaring short coming of this current team.

The fact that we are down to just one is one heck of an achievement but it needs to be fixed if we are to step up to the next level. Imagine what is going to happen to us against the top clubs in Europe if we do quality for the CL next season. It's going to be pretty painful.

Well we have taken a massive step backward since Lucas got injured. On top of a lack of form at the back all year. Our current formation isn't really working, but to be honest once Lucas got injured I thought our chance was gone. We have coped relatively well by mostly out scoring teams in his absence.

If he was playing today, there is no way we would have leaked so many in my opinion. Our defence needs the protection he provides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

We are a complete cluster **** at the back. We are scoring like maniacs so it is being mitigated against somewhat but it is eventually going to cost us success unless we fix it. It is, without doubt, the one glaring short coming of this current team.

I agree.

The way we played today we could be hit for six or seven against the top teams.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Love that gif!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Jay

sus.

Gerrard, Agger, Skrtel were all terrible today.

Feel sorry for Swansea.

I don't. :pac:

Really lucky today though especially seeing as Skrtel should have seen red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

BNMC your 11 pint hangover must be terrible .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

"Jacob Harris: Imagine how many goals Liverpool's attack would score against Liverpool's defence?"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liverpool did what they had to do.

Good win for them. Puts huge pressure on Spurs to keep pace.

copacetic wrote: »
    Well we have taken a massive step backward since Lucas got injured. On top of a lack of form at the back all year. Our current formation isn't really working, but to be honest once Lucas got injured I thought our chance was gone. We have coped relatively well by mostly out scoring teams in his absence.

If he was playing today, there is no way we would have leaked so many in my opinion. Our defence needs the protection he provides.

Really, this is crazy. Thread was dominated by talk of how bad mf was with lucas playing. Since he has been out results have been better. He was sluggish when playing.

Again, mf had nothing to do with the pen and set piece df. We were not outplayed in mf today. We were a bit open until we changed sterling for allen, he dropped in and added numbers whilst sacrificing width.

This gerrard bashing is flavour of the month nonsense. He is playing pretty well in that position. Defence caved in on itself today. Mf was steadied by change of tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

This "we'll score more than you" is bad for the nerves.

Had to head out just after the first goal and got to catch the second half on 5live. So I missed most of the goals. Can we hire a defensive coach or something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

BNMC your 11 pint hangover must be terrible .

He has been warned not to post in the thread, stop goading him its not nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This "we'll score more than you" is bad for the nerves.

Had to head out just after the first goal and got to catch the second half on 5live. So I missed most of the goals. Can we hire a defensive coach or something like that

Cant coach a bad deflection and brain farts in giving away stupid pens

I am pie wrote: »
    Really, this is crazy. Thread was dominated by talk of how bad mf was with lucas playing. Since he has been out results have been better. He was sluggish when playing.

Again, mf had nothing to do with the pen and set piece df. We were not outplayed in mf today. We were a bit open until we changed sterling for allen, he dropped in and added numbers whilst sacrificing width.

This gerrard bashing is flavour of the month nonsense. He is playing pretty well in that position. Defence caved in on itself today. Mf was steadied by change of tactics.

Lfc thread - We're not happy unless we've something to moan about

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Results only matter now, I have to go and lie down.

Yeah Lucas wasn't playing well before his injury. I say that as a huge fan of Lucas.

Playing Coutinhio and a front 3 od Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge will always leave the midfield exposed.

Allen made a difference when he came on

Cant coach a bad deflection and brain farts in giving away stupid pens

Brain-farts seems to be something that happens every game though.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah Lucas wasn't playing well before his injury. I say that as a huge fan of Lucas.

Playing Coutinhio and a front 3 od Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge will always leave the midfield exposed.

Allen made a difference when he came on

With that formation i would be tempted to start allen rather than henderson, which is tough as we was one of the better players but allen is a bit more disciplined where henderson is more mobile, henderson leaves more space behind him. Gerrard played a bit too far fwd at times, when henderson went it left gaps. Gerrard had been playing well and settled in the 2nd half, got suckedin to the 30 mins of madness though. Henderson too.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

It's Agger and Johnson's first game back in months.

Now they got away with under performing today but 2/3 games time when the big teams come to town if there's a decision to made to play Agger or Toure I know who'd I'd prefer in the backline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Love that gif!

26643-Jump-Out-Window-gif-AT8K.gif

• Advertisement

With that formation i would be tempted to start allen rather than henderson, which is tough as we was one of the better players but allen is a bit more disciplined where henderson is more mobile, henderson leaves more space behind him. Gerrard played a bit too far fwd at times, when henderson went it left gaps. Gerrard had been playing well and settled in the 2nd half, got suckedin to the 30 mins of madness though. Henderson too.

Henderson for me is first choice of any midfielders tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Henderson for me is first choice of any midfielders tbh

He's really come on this season, fair play to him. Got a great engine on him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Fúck me Norwich nearly had one in the second minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

He has been warned not to post in the thread, stop goading him its not nice

Lol.

Lapin wrote: »
    Fúck me Norwich nearly had one in the second minute.

I can't see Norwich not getting at least a point here.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I can't see Norwich not getting at least a point here.

Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well there's the jinx. ;)

Reverse jinx.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Get in there 3 points more that's all that matters

Advertisement