Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Swansea. Not on tv but you know yourself...

Comments

Mad half of football.

Score 3 goals but still hanging on :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Can easily see Swansea scoring again the way Liverpool are defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Think he's looked that way for the last few games. Could do with a break I reckon.

Don't say that, he'll go and get suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Crazy as a box of frogs.

Daniel Sturridge is only the second player in PL history (after R van Nistelrooy, twice) to score in 8 PL games in a row

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

the most entertaining side in the premier league by a million miles, lfc must be a joy for neutrals to watch, drama at both ends in every game

best attack in the premier league

defense is midtable quality

and of course we must say the two are linked, flooding players forward at every opportunity leaves you exposed at the back

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

This will finish 3-2, just watch :pac:

5/1 ^, I'll have some of that since I'm already on Sturridge Wincast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Nearly wouldn't mind a boring 1-0 every now and then. This constant rollercoaster of goals is not good for the nerves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

BNMC wrote: »
    What's the score?

Liverpool 56 points (After this).
    Man Utd 45 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

billy2012 wrote: »
    Is it??

Ya, i'd imagine a sport that awards points for results means its a results driven business alright.

I'd sit through a season of 1-0's and winning the league over edge of the seat high scoring draws or gallant losses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Gerrard having one of his I'm out for a light Sunday jog games. Offering zero cover to the back 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

This team has to be one of the dumbest ever, Rodgers needs to sort it out. Injury time 1-0 and Henderson is busting his balls to close down their keeper, Jesus. Really need another body in midfield.

Lapin wrote: »
    Man Utd 45 points

I wouldn't bother tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

dunno what to say bout our defence,bit unlucky with the deflection,but we have looked like conceding all game, prob need to score 25-30 more league goals to get champions league football the way we are defending

Anyone watching BEIN Sports talking about us helping them with piracy? While watching from a stream... Lolz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Hope Suarez scores a couple soon or himself and Sturridge could start building up to a bit of an unhealthy rivalry!

1 Luis Suarez Liverpool 23
    2 Daniel Sturridge Liverpool 18
    3 Sergio Agüero Manchester City 15
    4 Yaya Touré Manchester City 13
    5 Olivier Giroud Arsenal 12

The gaping difference in quality between attack and defence is startling. Hopefully with Johnson and Agger back it will settle over the next few games.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I thought this was on the tele today, stupid Newcastle.

Really can't see anything but the best game of the season with Swansea goin 3 up in first 20 minutes and the thread becoming chaotic, only for Liverpool to get back in the game with 5 goals in the second half, with 4 coming in injury time of which there is 18 minutes.

No matter how mad one tries to predict what the scoreline will become, Rodgers and Liverpool go one better.
    I can safely say with no hint of exaggeration that we could be looking 17-12 here by the 70th minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Knex. wrote: »
    Anyone watching BEIN Sports talking about us helping them with piracy? While watching from a stream... Lolz.

Yep. In crystal clear HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Man Utd 45 points
    If you insist on bringing the thread off topic, here's one for you.

League titles:
    United 20
    Lolpool 18

;)

Q6MmBZQ.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Daniel Sturridge is only the second player in PL history (after R van Nistelrooy, twice) to score in 8 PL games in a row

Not PL I know but John Aldridge reckons he should be viewed as on 8 in a row too. Scored on the last day of one season and then in the opening 7 games the next.

Liverpool are bad for my heart and my hungover brain cant comprehend how awful we are defensively

Yeah Im watching them but turned down the sound at half time, what did they say?

League titles:
    United 20
    Lolpool 18

;)

haha you know the tables have turned when liverpool are going on current form and united are invoking history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Milkers wrote: »
    Gerrard having one of his I'm out for a light Sunday jog games. Offering zero cover to the back 4.

Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge aren't tracking back at all though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

League titles:
    United 20
    Lolpool 18

;)

Knew you'd be lurking somewhere.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Shelvey dangerous on the 'D' ... well fůck me its not as if we didn't know that.

The is a massive hole between the halfway and CB's that Swansea are using for their Sunday stroll.

Shore it up and keep the supply to the front and lets take these precious 3 points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Yeah Im watching them but turned down the sound at half time, what did they say?

Its being locked down from next weekend to cut out the piracy!

Just harped on about them having piracy issues and they were changing some policy/method for accessing some channels, or something.

Can't listen to Keys much so tuned out a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

B
    B
    BNM
    BNMC

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Crazy game is crazy but there is more goals in this Liverpool. Lets just hope we have more than Swansea at the end:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Saying they're going "secure" on their HD channels from next weekend and to continue viewing you need to register your receiver and card with them...

in liverpool's games the sixth goal is always crucial

hope we get the next

League titles:
    United 20
    Lolpool 18

;)

Hahaha. That's really clever. Haha.

Lolpool. Lolz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

@OptaJoe: 9 - Luis Suarez now has the joint-most goal assists in the Premier League as well as being top scorer. Phenomenon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Just harped on about them having piracy issues and they were changing some policy/method for accessing some channels, or something.

Can't listen to Keys much so tuned out a bit.

Its only on HD streams though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

@OptaJoe: 9 - Luis Suarez now has the joint-most goal assists in the Premier League as well as being top scorer. Phenomenon.

Gerrard is also joint top :)

ahhh, quit quoting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Man Utd 45 points

loki_uhh_burn_gif_by_frespirit-d6atqz2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

This is entertainment.

Not good for the heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, i'd imagine a sport that awards points for results means its a results driven business alright.

I'd sit through a season of 1-0's and winning the league over edge of the seat high scoring draws or gallant losses.

Lucky you then, supporting just the right team to fit your narrow view of sport as a spectacle.

Back on topic: The difference between the pressing and organisation from the Arsenal league match is stark. Gerrard getting drawn to the ball and players standing off / not tracking is bloody frustrating, Swansea could have had 2 before they eventually scored. We were muck without the ball, just lucky to have Suarez/Sturridge up front today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

and we're off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Andy Gray seems to reckon Jonjo is a knob for not doing a couple of somersaults or baring his arse to the Kop after scoring.

Reckon fair play to him for containing himself after scoring such a belter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

lovely Shelvey not starting the second half :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Shelvey must have picked up a knock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Peno Swan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Finical wrote: »
    This is entertainment.

Not good for the heart.

nice

Wtf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I don't really think it's very fair that the defense takes so much blame. We're setup to play in a very open way with often just Gerrard in front of Agger/Skrtel when the ball is turned over. We're going to concede goal(s) in this setup but you always fancy we'll score more. I'd prefer Henderson was sitting deeper with Gerrard but who the hell am I to argue with Rodgers given the results this season.

Opr

• Advertisement
Advertisement