Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in 2 storey house

Options
  • 23-02-2014 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,
    I had eircom broadband and phone line installed back in December.
    We live in a 2 storey house with a concrete slabs between the floors and I find it impossible to keep a signal on a phone/laptop when upstairs.
    Also if I move to the opposite corner of the house from where the modem is (still downstairs), the signal is very weak.
    Is there a way to boost the signal or are there any ways of rectifying this as it is very frustrating when upstairs/the other side of the house.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Homeplugs and a second router upstairs. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mj_mam wrote: »
    Hi,
    I had eircom broadband and phone line installed back in December.
    We live in a 2 storey house with a concrete slabs between the floors and I find it impossible to keep a signal on a phone/laptop when upstairs.
    Also if I move to the opposite corner of the house from where the modem is (still downstairs), the signal is very weak.
    Is there a way to boost the signal or are there any ways of rectifying this as it is very frustrating when upstairs/the other side of the house.
    Thanks!

Hi mj_mam

There are a number of options available to increase the wifi coverage.

This link has some very helpful information on powerline adaptors which allows you to set up a high speed home network by using your home existing electrical wiring:

http://support.eircom.net/article/powerline-adapters which 

Before exploring this option I highly recommend checking out the advice on improving your current wireless contained in this link : http://bit.ly/1jtngzt

If you wish to find out more on the powerline adaptors or even order them please call broadband technical support on 1890260260.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mj_mam

Hi Al
    I tried that link that you provided saying it gave advise on improving wireless, but it directs me to a query page about billing for e-fibre.

Could you please re-direct me to the original age you were thinking?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mj_mam wrote: »
    Hi Al
    I tried that link that you provided saying it gave advise on improving wireless, but it directs me to a query page about billing for e-fibre.

Could you please re-direct me to the original age you were thinking?

Thanks
    Hey mj_mam,

Sorry about that, does this work?

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/Improve-Your-Wireless/td-p/6181

Al

Advertisement