Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want to transfer Word docs to iPad Mini

• 23-02-2014 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Here’s where I’m at. About a month back I got an iPad Mini Retina, up until then all I had was a pc laptop. All of my word-processing was carried out in Office 2010 and will continue to be carried out there. At the moment my laptop is suffering from the white screen syndrome and is going in for a health check :eek: Hopefully I’ll not have to buy a new machine!

For an easy life there are a few files and folders I’d like to be able to transfer to my iPad Mini so that I can easily view them. I’m not especially interested in altering these files, just viewing.

As an example, I have a folder on my laptop, in which I keep all my favourite recipes. Appropriately enough called Recipes! How then would I go about transferring the information in that folder to the iPad Mini? All the recipes in the folder are in .doc format. The folder is about 230mb.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

PLUG the laptop into a vga monitor,
    or a hdtv, make a dropbox account,on the laptop,
    and install dropbox app on the mini.
    DRAG and drop any docs ,folder,s into dropbox folder.
    its free up to 2gig limit.
    THEN i presume there,s an apple app that reads word .docs files ,install it.
    Takes about 5 minutes to make a dropbox account.
    ITS free to setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

You can use Dropbox itself to view word docs or get Adobe Reader (it's free) get them out of Dropbox and locally onto the ipad mini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Just upload the files to Google Drive

Advertisement