Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coppy Video Playback -- Help Needed

Options
  • 23-02-2014 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi All,

I need some help because I'm stumped :(

Whenever I watch movies on my laptop the video/audio will skip/chop for around 5 secs every 10/15mins. I've looked at loads of different potential causes but no stand out issues arise.

The details:
    Toshiba Satellite C660
    Intel Core i3
    6GB ram
    Intel HD Graphics GPU
    and
    a basic Realtek HD Sound card

The problem happens when playing any sort of movie/video files from my laptop. I can't say I've noticed the same issue when stream from the likes of netfilx. You are probably thinking that the files may be corrupt but I've tried multiple different files on multiple different PCs/laptops and all can play the files smoothly.

I've tried different video players but no luck. I've also tried upgrading the GPU and sound card drivers but Windows is saying they are up to date.

I thought it may have been a overheating/processor issue but while I played a movie I monitored the laptops performance and I seen no rise in CPU/GPU or Memory stats. In fact the GPU performance rate got lower when the skipping/chopping of the movie kicked in, almost as if it wasn't being used anymore??

Any help is appreciated as I'm running out of ideas!!!

Advertisement