Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from cherryorchard / ballyfermot to Lucan

Options
  • 23-02-2014 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I'm trying to find a bus that will get me from cherryorchard / ballyfermot to lucan (pennyhill area). Any ideas?

All I could find is 151, but getting there from cherryorchard hospital will take 25min walk to kaylemore and then 10 minutes walk from balgaddy to pennyhill.
    Taking all of that into account, I'd be better of just walking from the hospital...

I tried using the bus website, but it's a complete disgrace and tells me to take bus to the city centre and continue on from there.

Please, halp!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

You could get the 40 from outside the hospital to Liffey Valley, then walk to the bus stop on the N4/Liffey Valley to get any of the Lucan buses that stop at the Penny Hill (I think the 25B stops along that road)

You could also get the 40 to the Fonthill Road, the second last stop on the route, and walk down St Lomans Road to Ballyowen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Use a-b.ie

Where exactly in Cherry Orchard to where in Lucan?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

25A/B looks to be the best option to get. But you need to get another bus to connect to it.

You could get the 40 or preferably 76 to Liffey Valley and either walk to the 25A/B stop or get a 239 from there.
    Or the 40 to town and back out on the 25A/B

Ideally get the 18 through Ballyfermot to the N4 and get the 25A/B from the Palmerston bridge. You'd need to time the 18/76/239 though as they may not be frequent (239 is every two hours)

Advertisement