Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipper Wars.

Options
  • 23-02-2014 11:05am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

Athy county kildare.
    5 out of 7 chippers are offering,

5 euro deals,
    Quarter pounder chips and a can.
    Chicken burger chips and a can.
    Doner kebab kips and a can.
    Fresh cod chips and a can.
    Snack box and a can or curry.
    10 Inch pizza chips and a can.

4 euro deals
    Curry chips and a can.
    Taco chips and a can.
    Junior box and a can.

3 euro deals.
    Batter sausage chips.
    Regular burger chips.
    Onion rings chips.

One chipper dropped the deals and has all its food half price for the last year.
    For example fresh cod and chips is e4.10c

These are all independent italian chippers how can they afford this?
    Are we being ripped off in the rest of the country?
    Have you seen deals such as this in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭squonk

Fish I would imagine costs chippers a reasonable amount. Even going out shopping yourself it's easy to see that Fish is one of the more expensive items on offer. However, perhaps they offset things with the other items. Sausages & burgers are, pardon the pun, as cheap as chips and you can get abig bag of spuds for a few quid. They already have the gear to produce chips from these spuds quickly and easilly so I'd say that they're making a profit in any case. They probably get more walk-ins on a regular basis with lower prices too. It's the way things should be IMHO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

squonk wrote: »
    Fish I would imagine costs chippers a reasonable amount. Even going out shopping yourself it's easy to see that Fish is one of the more expensive items on offer. However, perhaps they offset things with the other items. Sausages & burgers are, pardon the pun, as cheap as chips and you can get abig bag of spuds for a few quid. They already have the gear to produce chips from these spuds quickly and easilly so I'd say that they're making a profit in any case. They probably get more walk-ins on a regular basis with lower prices too. It's the way things should be IMHO.

Agree'd another chipper opened and closed in the town refusing to follow suite on value,Its fair to say there is no going back now,In my home town a battered sausage and chips and a can of coke is 5.90,Here i can get a doner kebab and chips and a coke for 5e.

<mod snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Going by that, I don't think the cheapest options come with a can but it's still serious value overall. It's not going to make me visit the relations in Athy anytime soon because of this but I can't fault the value compared to at home in Dublin. . .dang, even a small doner over here is £4.50, small chips £1.50

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

theteal wrote: »
    Going by that, I don't think the cheapest options come with a can but it's still serious value overall. It's not going to make me visit the relations in Athy anytime soon because of this but I can't fault the value compared to at home in Dublin. . .dang, even a small doner over here is £4.50, small chips £1.50

The portions are huge to and they are of as high a quality as you would get anywhere,Although the menu i posted belongs to the least favorite of all the chippers involved.

Bahaha i didnt even notice that cans werent available with cheapest offers,You have a keen eye for a bargain sir. :D

The menu also says cod portion,but i can assure you its a huge tasty piece of ''fresh'' cod.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I have no idea what you are trying to achieve with this thread & your Macari poster.
    Do not post that advert here again.

Thread closed.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement