Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions Please

Options
  • 23-02-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I have been given the go ahead by a Society to purchase a laptop which will be used mainly for presentations - PowerPoint, videos etc. The projectors that will be used all have vga input but the laptops on sale have mainly hdmi output. I know you can get an adapter fairly reasonably but which one? Have up to €1000 but would prefer not to spend it all. Anything I should look out for in this use for a laptop? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

There is no 'cheap' way to convert HDMI to VGA so best to get a laptop with VGA included. The price of a HDMI to VGA converter is higher than spending an extra few quid on a machine with VGA built in so IMO doesn't make sense. I had a similar situation a while back where a customer required VGA output to do educational presentations in various locations with a variety of different projectors.

Sony and Lenovo both do reasonable machines with a VGA connector along with a HDMI output at a sub 500 euro price point. My client ended up buying a Lenovo G505s which is well put together for the money, though I personally wouldn't be too fond of the keyboard.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

Zener, that is really helpful information, just what I wanted. The Lenovo seems to fit the bill perfectly. Thank you for the advice.

Advertisement