Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JIDE OR BEF INSET STOVE

• 23-02-2014 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

I have a relatively small TV room 16x11x9 ft in a bungalow and I want to put in a stove.I would prefer a Jide Basic 63x56 or a Bef start 6 inset or insert.I would use either to heat an adjoining room which is 16x13x9 ft so my total heat need is 7 to 8 Kw.
    My options are
    A.Use Jide or Bef and take heat by fan or natural convection to the adjoining room.
    B. Forget the inset and just put in a stove to heat the T.V. room.

Cost of Jide 1900 supply only plus ducting,chimney liner, ETC
    Bef 1800 supply only.
    Work to be done would be to install a new lintel,reline the chimney,install new inset or stove.
    Any advice would be helpful particularly if you have either inset installed.
    I cant find much info on the Bef.
    Thanks
    Jerry

Advertisement