Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about reapplying to cao

Options
  • 23-02-2014 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I'm currently studying a level 8 course in DCU. I've had the feeling all along that this course isn't for me and I applied to the CAO to keep my options open so that I wouldn't have to wait a year to go back to college.

I'd like to finish this year rather than drop out to be fully sure I'm making the correct decision. Can I do this though?

I'm confused at the moment, can I apply to the CAO while I'm currently studying in DCU?

Do I need to post my leaving cert results from last year to the CAO?

Is there anything else I'd need to post to the CAO in relation to my course I'm currently studying?

How should I let DCU know about my change of mind?

Is there anything else I'm missing or need to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm worried and confused and not quite sure if I'm going about this in the right way. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

http://campus.ie/college-life/personal/dont-know-if-the-course-is-for-you

Theres some useful information in that link for you, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lorac999

I would suggest you talk to someone in the Student Advice centre.
    You have a few options.

If you want to look at transferring now within your faculty you can do so before the 3rd Friday of Semester 2. r39 form

Or successfully pass year 1 and look into a transfer into year 2 which is the R10 form.

You can open a new application through the CAO before the May deadline without having to withdraw from you current programme to keep your options open. You didn't say whether you will pass your current Year 1 but if so I think you have these options.
    Here is a link to the forms
    http://www.dcu.ie/registry/application_forms.shtml

Best advice is to talk to the chair of your programme and then student advice centre.

Advertisement