Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICE Tattoo

Options
  • 23-02-2014 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone

I'm a 'mature' bloke who has never had any sort of tattoo or piercing. Lately, I've being toying with the idea of getting one that is both personal and reasonably discreet. There are 3 people that mean everything to me and their initials are I, C and E, so I was thinking of something using an Ice theme. Obviously, a picture of ice without using the letters would be meaningless in my circumstances and I can't find any suggestions online.

Would anyone have any ideas or be able to point me to a suitable gallery?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

oldyouth wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

I'm a 'mature' bloke who has never had any sort of tattoo or piercing. Lately, I've being toying with the idea of getting one that is both personal and reasonably discreet. There are 3 people that mean everything to me and their initials are I, C and E, so I was thinking of something using an Ice theme. Obviously, a picture of ice without using the letters would be meaningless in my circumstances and I can't find any suggestions online.

Would anyone have any ideas or be able to point me to a suitable gallery?

Many thanks

What about going into a studio and asking them to draw up a design for you? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

What about going into a studio and asking them to draw up a design for you? :)

For me, at 50+, I'd be like Ted and Dougal lost in the lingerie department

Ha! It's simple, really. Walk into a studio (we can recommend plenty of good ones), ask for a consultation with whichever artist you want (again, we can recommend one), tell them your ideas, small as they may be. They'll usually charge 20 euro to draw up a design, but that money is taken off the cost of the tattoo itself if you go back to them to get it done. They'll draw a design and email it to you. If you like it, you call them and book to have it done. If you want changes made, you emil back telling them what kind of changes you want made.

If you do it this way, rather than pick an image from Google, you'll get a tattoo that is unique and done specially for you, that you're completely happy with :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Thanks for that. I don't know the forum rules, but if your could post or PM a recommended studio in or near Wexford it would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Near Wexford I'd be looking at J.M.D's Body Art in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Don't worry about being 50+ I am 60 in a few months anf I wasn't laughed at when I was enquiring

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JRMCQ

any good recommendations for a good tattoo shop in dublin?

I have heard of 2 names so far

Reinkarnated and Colourworks both in the city center....anyone heard anything about these places?

JRMCQ wrote: »
    any good recommendations for a good tattoo shop in dublin?

I have heard of 2 names so far

Reinkarnated and Colourworks both in the city center....anyone heard anything about these places?

They're both great. It depends on what sort of tattoo you want, though. Different artists excel in different styles.

Yeh i was on their facebook pages looking at some of their designs so i think ill pop in and have a chat with both of them.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Had both of my sleeves done by Rob Mulligan in Colourworks, couldn't recommend him highly enough

• Advertisement

good stuff cheers. Ive heard that Darren in Colourworks is good too. I havent heard any names of anyone in reinkarnation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

JRMCQ wrote: »
    good stuff cheers. Ive heard that Darren in Colourworks is good too. I havent heard any names of anyone in reinkarnation

Michal in Reinkarnated is good, but again like others have said the artist you choose should be based on the design you have in mind and whether it fits that particular artists style more than anything else.

Michal in Reinkarnated is good, but again like others have said the artist you choose should be based on the design you have in mind and whether it fits that particular artists style more than anything else.

yeh i saw some of his stuff on the website. looks very good!

cheers for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Not at all, I regularly put first tattoos on people in their 50s. I think you will find we are all happy to work with mature clients, as they are generally easier to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭despot

I got a design for you right here brother.

200508272119-pix1.jpg

I'm so sorry

Advertisement