Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on ior scope

Options
  • 23-02-2014 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I am on the look out for a good quality scope for my 223 and have come across an IOR 2.5-10x42 non illuminated,the thing im afraid of is the reticle is very thin and im wondering what it would be like under a lamp,would anyone on here have any experience of this scope

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

I am on the look out for a good quality scope for my 223 and have come across an IOR 2.5-10x42 non illuminated,the thing im afraid of is the reticle is very thin and im wondering what it would be like under a lamp,would anyone on here have any experience of this scope

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hollow point

homerhop wrote: »
    Where are you based?

Laois

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

I had one in the past with an Mp8 reticle and had no problems with it under lamp. Great scope and the mp8 reticle is fantastic too.

Thanks bravestar the glass looks really clear in the ior and the reticle looks the part for a bit of long range work i was also was looking a zeiss duralyt i think im looking at too many scopes at the moment im finding it hard to make my mind up

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jingojonson

hi there

I had an ior 4-14, with mp8 reticle. I loved the reticle and it is fine under lamp but its a bit thin for late evening stalking even though the glass is great.

Only other issue with ior is weight but its not a major issue in terms of the overall weight of a rifle plus bipod etc rig

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies lads

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

Firstly I have never had one myself but have looked through several of them at the Midland Game Fair a few years ago.
    My impression then was that the glass was not the clearest.ok it's good quality way above a Tasco pronghorn but there are better out there.
    A thin reticle doesn't really cut it for me lamping. A thicker reticle will have you on target quicker. Of course an illuminated reticle would be even better !
    Plenty of good second hand scopes out there. Try eGun.de. The Stalking Directory or EBay. Um,or here !

Advertisement