Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork University Maternity Hospital

Options
  • 23-02-2014 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Any know if the ban on visitors is lifted on the maternity hospital?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Not sure about the maternity but my man has an uncle in CUH and we were kinda told not to visit really, they were only letting two visitors at certain times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Not lifted as I've heard of.

IMO, ordinary visiting allowances are far too slack and especially for allowing in children. Not visiting is a small price to pay if it keeps the patient, all patients safer.

Trying to suppress outbreaks is extremely difficult and often takes months. Infection containment occupies a substantial amount of hospital resources, all of which can be circumvented by a single visitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I heard someone kinda say the same on the radio saying that really it isn't worth the chance to visit. That you must think of the people in there already it isn't fair to put them in position where they cant leave as such

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Hi the ban is still on, will probably be for some time,

Advertisement