Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads my insurance is up for renewal next month. Now I had a claim a few months ago when my bike was stolen, but I have full no claims bonus protection so it should not affect me. I just got my renewal and it includes the 6 years ncb, but the policy went up a good bit, from about €450 to €675.

Can I shop around to other companies – saying I have a 6 year ncb? Or will they not recognise it as I’ve had a claim... How does it work?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

acid_picdump_74.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Zascar wrote: »
    Lads my insurance is up for renewal next month. Now I had a claim a few months ago when my bike was stolen, but I have full no claims bonus protection so it should not affect me. I just got my renewal and it includes the 6 years ncb, but the policy went up a good bit, from about €450 to €675.

Can I shop around to other companies – saying I have a 6 year ncb? Or will they not recognise it as I’ve had a claim... How does it work?

Did you ask them why it increased?
    Look at the breakdown of the policy cost and compare it to last year.

Then call up as a new customer and give your same details and see what price they give.

I have not called them yet but will do soon. Could be cuase I'm on a Fireblade rather than a 749 I suppose...

I have not called them yet but will do soon. Could be cuase I'm on a Fireblade rather than a 749 I suppose...

Yeah most likely. But it would still be nice to see how they break down the quote compared to last year's. Calling for a new quote with another name will really give you the straight answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zascar,

They are no doubt loading the premium because of the claim even with the protected NCB. They always ride you (pardon the pun) You can ring around the usual suspects and tell them you have 5 yrs NCB but unless you get a copy of the NCB on paper and it has no small writing on the end (saying there was a claim) you are knackered.

I get a copy of my NCB every year from the place I am insured with regardless of if I renew with them or not so I have a copy to send the new insurance company if I do indeed change.

I would give Adelaide a buzz tell them you are with "X" and my premium is "Y" can they match it or beat it. Lower the quote a tad aswell before you ring....I was well looked after I called them back to get a lower quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Check your NCB cert to check exactly what it says. Also you will have to declare you're had a claim in the past 5 years (that's one of the questions they always ask).

I had a claim with an attempted theft, NCB protected, no increase in premium, even changed insurers. I'd say the change of bike has had the biggest impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

All insurance premiums have increased this year due to all the storm damage claims.
    Also, since I started driving bikes years ago my premium has always gone up, unless I shop around.

Shop around with your 6 year NCB, of course, everyone should shop around every year for a cheaper deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

All insurance premiums have increased this year due to all the storm damage claims.
    Also, since I started driving bikes years ago my premium has always gone up, unless I shop around.

Shop around with your 6 year NCB, of course, everyone should shop around every year for a cheaper deal.

I might claim myself, bird took a nasty beating following the storm, cracked fairings :mad:. Have NCB protection and adelaide told me there would be a 5% increase to the premiums if I claimed when I asked though :confused:

colm_c wrote: »
    Check your NCB cert to check exactly what it says. Also you will have to declare you're had a claim in the past 5 years (that's one of the questions they always ask).

I had a claim with an attempted theft, NCB protected, no increase in premium, even changed insurers. I'd say the change of bike has had the biggest impact.

Mine didnt.....after some intense haggling (Brad Pitt in Snatch stylieee) I got over €150 off. :D

• Advertisement

acid_picdump_74.jpg

That's mental, is there a vid for it?

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    That's mental, is there a vid for it?

Nah....looks like a photoshop TBH.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Nah....looks like a photoshop TBH.

Don't think so, here is a higher res version, wish I could read the writing at the edge, should be easy to find out then...

20130316-230538.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

Not sure if its shopped or not, but I know mercedes have a crazy banked track similar to it

5070411.001.1M.jpg

So its not completely out of the question :)

/edit and it looks a lot more banked then it is, due to the angle the shot is taken (see level of the trees behind)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, the camera is tilted a good bit. They always do that in bike magazines, tilt the camera or rotate the image to make it look like the bike is leaning more than it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,331 ✭✭✭positron

The less dramatic version - I hope Zascar won't mind (please let me know if you and I will remove it).

wbuzbOx.jpg

Yeah looks more like it....I know you can get high as the speed keeps the momentum up but the other pic was not happening. Actually looks like a Triumph Sprint 1050st.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah looks more like it....I know you can get high as the speed keeps the momentum up but the other pic was not happening. Actually looks like a Triumph Sprint 1050st.

I was also thinking it liked like a sprint. Can't think of anything else with a headlight like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

gsxr has a headlight like that gsxr750_facia.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,331 ✭✭✭positron

You can ride near vertical walls, for example look at this "Death Well" (that what they call it) which is you see at most fair grounds across India.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysUSfzaCyo8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaLjXXNVtAw

• Advertisement

I'd say its a sprint alright - dont see one of those plastic mohawks on the riders helmet, so probably rules out a gixxer :p

Pussy cat willows could be on to something all the same. The middle light is a tad pointy for a sprint, the sprint middle light is more round and subtle.....none of that hooligan styling. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Choices choices.........Lads what would you do regarding these quotes.

Im currently with C&N and they want 247 euro for tpft incl breakdown cover

OR

Adelaide fully comp for 219 euro but no breakdown cover. I have to ring them back on monday?

Bike is valued at 1000 euro.

Choices choices.........Lads what would you do regarding these quotes.

Im currently with C&N and they want 247 euro for tpft incl breakdown cover

OR

Adelaide fully comp for 219 euro but no breakdown cover. I have to ring them back on monday?

Bike is valued at 1000 euro.

Add breakdown cover for 25 euro with a delayed?

goodlad wrote: »
    Add breakdown cover for 25 euro with a delayed?

They dont do breakdown cover in Ireland afaik

They dont do breakdown cover in Ireland afaik

They do man. Its called bike assist.
    I just double checked my policy with them to be sure.

They do man. Its called bike assist.
    I just double checked my policy with them to be sure.

Grand. Ill check with them on monday. Strange they didnt offer it as an extra. Cheers Goodlad

aye - they've only 2 extras, bike assist, and legal assist, so surprised they didnt push one or the other

might be some limitation on what they offer bike assist on? maybe bike needs to younger then a certain age? I dunno

Wossack wrote: »
    aye - they've only 2 extras, bike assist, and legal assist, so surprised they didnt push one or the other

might be some limitation on what they offer bike assist on? maybe bike needs to younger then a certain age? I dunno

Commuting is also an extra with them.

• Advertisement

Commuting is also an extra with them.

The €219 included commute and pillion. Reckon Ill switch to them.

Advertisement