Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Lads, Cotters are selling off this savage bike kit at the moment.

€25 for everything in the picture. I picked up one for myself and one for a mate and both were €50 including tracked delivery.

24825151961_00ff0edbf6_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

goodlad wrote: »
    Lads, Cotters are selling off this savage bike kit at the moment.

€25 for everything in the picture. I picked up one for myself and one for a mate and both were €50 including tracked delivery.

Do you have a link for that?

I seen it mentioned on another forum and just dropped cotters an email about it.
    They just paypal invoice me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I seen it mentioned on another forum and just dropped cotters an email about it.
    They just paypal invoice me
    I guess you have to have bought from them before then?
    I'll fire them an email anyway and see. Cheers for the heads up about it.

I have bought from them before but no there wouldnt be any need to have bought in the past just to pay for something via paypal.

He will just send you a payment request once you tell them your paypal email address. Only takes 2 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

So what did you say on the email?

I asked them to sort me out with one of the motul kits for 25 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

They threw that in for me for €20 before when I was buying a good few other bits for a service. Great wee kit. Loads of stuff for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

As far as I know my local bike shop dont open Mondays. I need DOT4 brake fluid. Can I pick this up in a normal motor factors? Is it the same for bikes as cars?

Secondly. Can dropping the forks by a few mm affect the front brakes. Im not sure if its a coincidence or not but ever since I dropped the front forks the front wheel does not spin freely and the disc gets quite hot. The bike was unused for a little over a week due to Frost/ice so im hoping a fluid change and caliper cleaning might sort this. Its the ABS model.

Almost a brown trouser moment on the N7 northnound about 15 minutes ago.
    In the car in the overtaking lane and moving back into the middle lane.

Always bike aware of them lane splitting. The second i started to cross the lane dividing line i see a gsxr 1000 more or less beside me. He had to swerve into the lane to his left and i had to whip the car back into the right lane to miss each other.

Off he goes up ahead of me with the same bull****. Easily doing 180kmh up the middle off both lanes and whipping across lanes too. The chap is going to be a statistic soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=36391

Few deals in lidl at the moment on bike/car stuff. Also Halfords having an online sale too on a few tools and the like.

Just a heads up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

As far as I know my local bike shop dont open Mondays. I need DOT4 brake fluid. Can I pick this up in a normal motor factors? Is it the same for bikes as cars?

Secondly. Can dropping the forks by a few mm affect the front brakes. Im not sure if its a coincidence or not but ever since I dropped the front forks the front wheel does not spin freely and the disc gets quite hot. The bike was unused for a little over a week due to Frost/ice so im hoping a fluid change and caliper cleaning might sort this. Its the ABS model.

Yes, DOT4 is the same stuff, four wheels or two.
    Get a can of brake cleaner too. Dropping the forks a little won't cause a braking problem - unless you've kinked a pipe or trapped a hose but that's unlikely.

Lads,

Has anyone here got a Steeltech shed they keep the bike in?
    Im ready to buy now its come down to 2 companies.

Anyone know if a non drip lining on the ceiling and 4 walls that steeltech offer as standard does actually keep the shed dry?

Alternative is a Shed from Shanette sheds but they put nothing on the walls and 25mm insulation on the ceiling.

The price is within 200 quid of each other so just trying to suss out the best option of the two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Absolutely, keeps the place bone dry its really good stuff. Delighted with the purchase.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I have one.
    I get condensation on the skylights so you'd be better off without them and wiring it with a few lights and sockets.

Yeah ive already made a point of no clear panels in all the quotes i got
    We ran some 3 inch pipe up the garden that comes up out of the concrete.

Will have some armor electrical cable run back to the mains supply of the house on its own trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Funny video taking the piss out of those arséhole cyclist youtube channels

Yeah ive already made a point of no clear panels in all the quotes i got
    We ran some 3 inch pipe up the garden that comes up out of the concrete.

Will have some armor electrical cable run back to the mains supply of the house on its own trip.

Ah you're on the ball so.
    Ya cant beat a decent shed!:pac:
    D512DDB9-E69F-4DC6-A8D3-F1C1D380890D_zps1wk5cnqi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

how did ye go about laying the concrete base lads? im going to put up a shed - hopefully 20ft x 20ft. steeltech recommend laying a frame first, bolting the shed to it then filling in the cavity inside but that sounds like an awful lot of messing. is there any other way of going about it?

that's a fair set up you have blade1! lovely array of bikes

steeltech-sheds-concrete-bases-e.png?resize=842%2C486

• Advertisement

Sonic, the sides of my shed come down over the base around 3 inches so a second pouring not needed.
    Frame would want to be spot on though and maybe steeltech insist on a second base,i'm not sure.
    Btw 2 of those bikes were paid for with what i saved by giving up the fags.
    Wish i could have done it sooner.

My base was done with 3 inches of hardcore, damp proof layer and then 3 inches of concrete on top that which has a steel frame through it to add strength.

Once my shed is put up I will be rolling out another damp proof layer inside the shed and up the wall a tiny bit and pouring in 2 inches of concrete to bring up the floor level with the shed frame and completely seal it. Can just trim around the edges with a knife then.

Clane steel sheds are getting good recommendations but I really want wood effect cladding which they dont offer. So its going to be either steeltech or Shanette.

Pulled the trigger on it and ordered from Shanette Sheds today.
    3 weeks until delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Id go for a 4 inch concrete base with steel mesh in it.

The likes of a cage and gym equipment may cause cracks to appear in the floor slab over time.
    Thats what I did with mine anyway.Block built garage.

Has anyone used Dunlop Roadsmart tyres before?

Roadsmart 3 are out and motorcycle shop have an offer with a free ogio 3 backpack and I need a back pack. Provided the tyres are good it may be handy

Has anyone used Dunlop Roadsmart tyres before?

Roadsmart 3 are out and motorcycle shop have an offer with a free ogio 3 backpack and I need a back pack. Provided the tyres are good it may be handy

They were on my Tiger when i bought it.
    Found nothing wrong with them although the PR3's i have on it now are better in the wet.

I really dont like the T30 on my fz1 so very tempted to to get this new roadsmart 3 offer

I really dont like the T30 on my fz1 so very tempted to to get this new roadsmart 3 offer

Well grip wise if i remember correctly they are better than Bridgestone bt023's but wont last as long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

The dealer fitted roadsmart to my bike. I have no complaints so far in all weathers. But with a rev limit of 6500 and my granny style of riding I can't comment on them been pushed to the limits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Thanks for the replies lads - good shout on the mesh I wouldn't have thought of that

Advertisement