Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If it's too low (battery) you might not get it back to 100% goodlad depends on battery type. But the halfords one is very good and has other nice features like reverse polarity check so you can't hook it up wrong. I leave mine plugged in all day and switch it off at night. You also get 3 different connecting which is super

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Giz a link to the halfords one?

I looked on their site and the reviews on some of them were awful so may not be the same one you mean.... or maybe it is... haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

goodlad wrote: »

I have this one and find it very good, battery used to die over the winter with the cold weather but since I got the trickle charger no bother at all. Plus the LED display is handy to know what condition your battery is in

Its 17 quid cheaper from Sportsbikeshop so ive dropped motoecycleshop a mail to ask about sorting their price out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Giz a link to the halfords one?

I looked on their site and the reviews on some of them were awful so may not be the same one you mean.... or maybe it is... haha

Its not on their site anymore,but I think they still sell them in store.

Heres mine.

20160224_140014_zpsr9za4ixl.jpg

• Advertisement

Its 17 quid cheaper from Sportsbikeshop so ive dropped motoecycleshop a mail to ask about sorting their price out

17 "euro" cheaper.

Free delivery with Lee/Motorcycle shop on all orders over 49 euro.
    13 euro postage from sportsbike shop in the UK.

Ask Motorcycle shop to throw in something else or drop a fiver off the price.

I bought my Kreiga gear from Motorcycleshop and it came the next day with a courier.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

17 "euro" cheaper.

Free delivery with Lee/Motorcycle shop on all orders over 49 euro.
    13 euro postage from sportsbike shop in the UK.

Ask Motorcycle shop to throw in something else or drop a fiver off the price.

I bought my Kreiga gear from Motorcycleshop and it came the next day with a courier.:)
    I have ordered some stuff from England over the last few days and i am getting it delivered for €1 for each item using Address Pal.
    They have an offer until the end of feb.
    Its an option anyway but the the package needs to be under 72cmx30cmx25cm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

They only sell 2 a 2 amp cheap one and the 2-4amp clever one for around 60 euro, on tablet so can't link at moment. Leppla has one as well and no probs either.

Motorcycle shop are matching the price on the optimate 4 so ordering that later.

Got home from work and tried to fire up the bike and it started immediately. .... i guess it was frozen this morning... haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Optimate 4 is handy enough, comes with everything you need, I think there's a cheaper one if you don't want canbus.

• Advertisement

Yeah i had seen that but with the price match i will grab it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

jvan wrote: »
    I have this one and find it very good, battery used to die over the winter with the cold weather but since I got the trickle charger no bother at all. Plus the LED display is handy to know what condition your battery is in

+1 for the Optimate

After the bike firing up grand yesterday evening i assumed it was grand.....

Same problem first off today with the symptoms looking like a dead battery. But after trying it a few times there is a loud and very fast clicking sound coming from a small black box under the back seat. Im assuming it has fuses inside and one just blew

Right so its figured out now.

The battery is faulty and not giving enough power to turn over the bike when its cold out. Grand when it warms up.

Looking at batteries and the YTZ14S is the listed battery for my bike from Yuasa. Some retailers are listing the YTZ14S as the same as the TTZ14S but im told they absolutely are not the same as the correct YTZ14S has a much higher output for a more reliable turn over even when its cold out so going to go with that battery. God damn expensive though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Right so its figured out now.

The battery is faulty and not giving enough power to turn over the bike when its cold out. Grand when it warms up.

Looking at batteries and the YTZ14S is the listed battery for my bike from Yuasa. Some retailers are listing the YTZ14S as the same as the TTZ14S but im told they absolutely are not the same as the correct YTZ14S has a much higher output for a more reliable turn over even when its cold out so going to go with that battery. God damn expensive though!

Contact matt keane on biker dot ie. He sells the Yuasa batteries and will look after you. I got one off him before. Think I might have his number somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,360 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Got a very good price on my last battery (Yuasa) from Lee Motorcycles and free delivery.

The ten quid Lidl charger is as good as any of those fancy optimisers imho, you pay a lot extra for the bells and whistles that don't actually do anything. Only problem is you need to buy it when they have it, not when you need it...

Scrap the cap!

I had called around loads of places for a price on the battery i wanted and my local place beat them all on price so was happy with that. Bike fires up instantly now. Even before the old battery died with the recent cold it did always take about 2 seconds for the bike to start.

All good now so just need to find time to actually use the bike

Got a Zero Gravity Corsa clear screen from CCs Unlimited in Kells today for 95 euro.
    Thats a good price so Im happy with that.
    Screen is being painted by Steph of SD Designs to match the oem screen and the Ben Spies colour scheme and number board.:)

Also have some more R+G crash protection on the way from the UK.

Picked up a Garmin Nuvi 765T with current EU maps,MP3 player and bluetooth to Sena SMH5 for 60 euro off of Ebay.:D

No was I going to pay 400 euro for a bike specific Garmin.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

got my first pinlock insert today.. step 1: "what the **** is this I can't see through the ****ing thing"

...step 2: I peeled off the green protective film and the fog cleared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Anyone change their visor often? Have this helmet about 18months and the visor isnt in the greatest shape nice mark down the middle just above eyeline.

Would I be mad to change it out too soon?give it more life till it's really poor. I mean it not awful

• Advertisement

Shoei visors have a hard coating and last for the life of the lid in my experience.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Shoei visors have a hard coating and last for the life of the lid in my experience.

Mines a shoei lid cost a pretty penny visor.. Well it's not babied but its definitely treated with alot of kindness.

No hard coating from my experience scratches up much like and other visor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Personal preference I guess. If you can live with it, live with it. Having said that, a nice sparkly visor that's so clean you don't even know it's there is pretty nice....

listermint wrote: »
    Mines a shoei lid cost a pretty penny visor.. Well it's not babied but its definitely treated with alot of kindness.

No hard coating from my experience scratches up much like and other visor

Odd. I've had various Shoei lids over the last 20 years, didn't have problems with any of them scratching easily.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Odd. I've had various Shoei lids over the last 20 years, didn't have problems with any of them scratching easily.

I have my first shoei a few months now. There is a 2mm scratch on it. My previous lid ( UVEX ) is still scratch free after 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

I think you can be unlucky with them in fairness

only time I ever really scratched my Shark visors (on third now ~8 years) was when I used my face to slow down that time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This day next week I turn 50, and this week I've downsized from 1100cc to a little 650cc bike.

So with that said :D

In fairness,you dont look 50.

Early happy birthday to you and congratts on the new bike,shes lovely looking..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

A beautiful thing happened this evening.

Driving home, have a green up to a junction and of course a row of cars cross as I get closer. The last one totally takes the piss and I have to brake hard to not smash into the side of them.

Then I notice the car behind them suddenly lights up blue, flashers on. Cops pull them in, and I drive on.

Justice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I hear ye, fúckers break the lights constantly in two places on my way home, and I mean every day! First place is the black church, heading up from parnell square towards western way, the second is up a bit to Doyles corner heading north on the Phibsborough rd, shocking behavior. If i were a jockey I'd reef them, but there's fúck all around these days.

Advertisement