Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Snow all over the shop when I got up this morning, had to wait about an hour before it stopped coming down, and went in slowly, most dangerous part was getting out of the house onto the street, once I headed out of the estate it was gritted ad not to bad.

Thinkin of getting a pressure washer, not just for the bike though, the patio etc,I seem to remember a conversation on this a while back, any of you guys recommend one?
    From looking online it appears that Karcher are overpriced and nilfisk do the job for half the price.
    Cj Haughty, did you recommend one? I know someone recomended a petrol one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thinkin of getting a pressure washer, not just for the bike though, the patio etc,I seem to remember a conversation on this a while back, any of you guys recommend one?
    From looking online it appears that Karcher are overpriced and nilfisk do the job for half the price.

Everytime this is asked its generally agreed Nilfisk is best value for money from their metal impeller inside and their solid build quality i have yet to fault mine ive had it 3 years.

I got the C120 and its perfect. I would recommend checking out Amazon as they come up on offer alot

Even the C110 with the 1400w motor is a solid unit bargain price now

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-X-Tra-Pressure-Washer-Motor/dp/B00AGD5J02/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457383081&sr=8-1&keywords=nilfisk+pressure+washer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Vax or Nilfisk.

Both use alloy pumps and are better quality than Karcher,cheaper too.
    I got my Vax 2500w in a sale in Argos,serious bit of power from it and does a grand job all around the house and the car n bikes.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1577941.htm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4615680/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/3%7C19285823%7CPressure+washers%7C14418805/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418805%7CElectric+pressure+washers%7C14418806.htm

Heres an 1800w Vax for a mere 65 euro in Argos.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4556639/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C19285823/c_2/3%7C19285823%7CPressure+washers%7C14418805/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418805%7CElectric+pressure+washers%7C14418806.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

The bikes new home when not in daily use is finally delivered and setup.

Its 10ft wide and 14ft deep. 25mm insulation all around.

Next weeks plan is a path up the garden that will be a ramp to the shed and then 2 inches of concrete will be poured inside to raise up the floor then i can start filling it with piles of bike stuff i dont need :D

25672027315_c664b7faf6_b.jpg

25579369781_8d6ce31b0b_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

goodlad wrote: »
    The bikes new home when not in daily use is finally delivered and setup.

Its 10ft wide and 14ft deep. 25mm insulation all around.

Next weeks plan is a path up the garden that will be a ramp to the shed and then 2 inches of concrete will be poured inside to raise up the floor then i can start filling it with piles of bike stuff i dont need :D

Tis' a fine barn English !! ;)

I have to say, I may have a bit of shed envy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Those two workers look like they are slacking Gary.....corporation nickser is it!!!

Ah they were slacking until the 6 year old got home from school and started bossing them around. They were whipped into shape then and have the place all cleaned up :P

Very nice looking.:)

Aldi selling these next week.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-17-mar/products-detail-page/ps/p/multi-purpose-floor-mats-5/

Might be handy for the floor.:)

Its a bit retarded that they havent list the sizes of the mates.
    Although from the picture they dont look too big and i would probably need a few sets of 6 to cover the floor.

Doing some looking around at the moment for some floor paint

• Advertisement

Its a bit retarded that they havent list the sizes of the mates.
    Although from the picture they dont look too big and i would probably need a few sets of 6 to cover the floor.

Doing some looking around at the moment for some floor paint

At a guess Id say 600 x 600mm.If not that,then 450 x 450mm.

Builders providers or done deal for the floor paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Spinone

Hi Guys . see below my Nephews racing Bike robbed in UK , not sure if we can do anything over here but worth a try to share if u have a Facebook or twitter page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/GR-Motosport/181449401939617

Spinone wrote: »
    Hi Guys . see below my Nephews racing Bike robbed in UK , not sure if we can do anything over here but worth a try if u have a Facebook or twitter page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/GR-Motosport/181449401939617

Jak Kennedys bike??

Scumbags of the lowest level.:mad:

I was only chatting to Danny the other day and he was showing me pics of Jack as a kid in Mondello and the racebikes which he prepped for him.

Hope the bike is recovered safely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Spinone

Thanks ! Yes , Jacks , Sam Hornsby ZX10s and a Supersport 600 , Only 3 weeks to Silverstone First race of the season .. Not sure whats going to happen now with no Bikes - 3 of them gone ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

did a few hours on the road today for the first time during the ibt.. wrecked now but had a great time. killed my first fly with the visor. nice weather too completely overcast but not cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

did a few hours on the road today for the first time during the ibt.. wrecked now but had a great time. killed my first fly with the visor. nice weather too completely overcast but not cold.

Wait till the summer, then talk about flies and midgets! :pac:

bug2.jpg
    bug2.jpg.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Today and the last few days have been crackers, and it's to keep like this well into next week. Best riding this year so far (aside from today, one of my first near misses, nearly getting taken out of it by a cab trying to squeeze into the lane).

POINT OUT MY MISTAKES I DARES YIS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Today and the last few days have been crackers, and it's to keep like this well into next week. Best riding this year so far (aside from today, one of my first near misses, nearly getting taken out of it by a cab trying to squeeze into the lane).

Its great been able to relax a bit more on the bike now and not worry about ice etc... Taxis own the road dont you know:rolleyes:

I took the CB out of storage today and fired her up. She started at about 5 seconds. Took out the carbs and rearranged the float bowels as I fitted them the wrong way the last time:o I often hear that the genius at Honda design parts so they cant be fitted wrongly....Guess they never factored me:p Anyway all is good. Im going to double check the carb balance again and then give it a proper detailed clean and polish.

Those that follow Delboys garage .... He is doing great videos at the moment. The latest one is how to replace head stock bearings.

Those that follow Delboys garage .... He is doing great videos at the moment. The latest one is how to replace head stock bearings.

Yeah, meant to post that here, go back about 4 vids and you get the very start of a street fighter build, he's doing a lot of the stuff that sounds dead scary at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Yeah, meant to post that here, go back about 4 vids and you get the very start of a street fighter build, he's doing a lot of the stuff that sounds dead scary at the moment.

Thats just it. It sounds like a hard job but with a video it makes alot of sense. I do plan on picking up a 1ltr bike at some stage and these videos are great for diy.

• Advertisement

Was out for the day today absolute cracker......roads are full of ****e but apart from that. Was up on the Monaghan border jaysus the roads are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Was out for the day today absolute cracker......roads are full of ****e but apart from that. Was up on the Monaghan border jaysus the roads are great.

Where was the fecking invite?
    Lol

The_Chap wrote: »
    Where was the fecking invite?
    Lol

Ahhh heor, leave it ouuut! Leave it bleeedin out.....

Lads, im on the hunt for a new power hose.
    Im told to avoid karcher as the internal parts are all plastic but some other brands are metal. Although still karcher seem really popular.

Had a 1400 watt karcher and it was ok but a bit weak.

Any recommendations for a more powerful one? Obviously as inexpensive as possible. Will only be used once a month. Wouldnt mind something upright for handy storage

Lads, im on the hunt for a new power hose.
    Im told to avoid karcher as the internal parts are all plastic but some other brands are metal. Although still karcher seem really popular.

Had a 1400 watt karcher and it was ok but a bit weak.

Any recommendations for a more powerful one? Obviously as inexpensive as possible. Will only be used once a month. Wouldnt mind something upright for handy storage

Someone was recommending nilfisk a while back on another thread. Or wait until lidl or aldi have one in. Far as I've seen they're all the same, or at the very least karcher is nothing special quality wise, just expensive.

This will be arriving on Wedneday, comes with extras and a reel in the handle. Also 2500 w motor. Comes in at about €185. I'll let you know my thoughts on it when I use it.

Looks good dude. I was thinking its kinda expensive but then noticed all the attachments that come with it

TBH lads Karcher is fine, it's not like you are gonna be using it 24\7 for a business then yeah the inner parts would be worn out in no time but it's perfect for the odd car wash and patio cleaning etc. I have mine 4 yrs now and I got it in a sale with all the attachments. Yes if you gonna be cleaning all day long get a better one but for household use its fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    TBH lads Karcher is fine, it's not like you are gonna be using it 24\7 for a business then yeah the inner parts would be worn out in no time but it's perfect for the odd car wash and patio cleaning etc. I have mine 4 yrs now and I got it in a sale with all the attachments. Yes if you gonna be cleaning all day long get a better one but for household use its fine.

Its too expensive for the components. (i used to sell them)

Nilfisk presently gives better bang for your buck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

At Xmas I duct taped them silly reindeer horns onto the mirror stems on the bike and when I eventually took them off there was residue left. Been so busy I only got round to trying to get rid of it over the weekend. Some came off but it looks like the poxy tape has taken some of the paint off the mirror stem. Its a FZ1 06.
    Can these be stripped down/painted or something as I dont fancy trying to get 2 new mirror/stems as they are mad money!

Advertisement