Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ask on the FZ1 facebook groups dude.
    Loads of lads there have a love affair with bar end mirrors and sell off the stock mirrors cheap. Was a set up for about 30 euro last week

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

GBX wrote: »
    At Xmas I duct taped them silly reindeer horns onto the mirror stems on the bike and when I eventually took them off there was residue left. Been so busy I only got round to trying to get rid of it over the weekend. Some came off but it looks like the poxy tape has taken some of the paint off the mirror stem. Its a FZ1 06.
    Can these be stripped down/painted or something as I dont fancy trying to get 2 new mirror/stems as they are mad money!

Try petrol on the residue. And wash it down after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Just put down a deposit on a new BMW R1200GSA and F800GSA from Joe Duffy's , now the silly waiting game :D

Its going to be just like the heartache you had with HD dublin :p:pac::pac:

I bet you are mad excited. How long is the waiting time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Mr Sheen! wrote: »
    Try petrol on the residue. And wash it down after!

Or surgical spirits is brilliant too.

• Advertisement

goodlad wrote: »
    Its going to be just like the heartache you had with HD dublin :p:pac::pac:

I bet you are mad excited. How long is the waiting time?

I really really really doubt it, Dublin HD take f*cking their customers to a new level. :rolleyes: So JD's would have to put in a lot of effort to get to that level.

2 Months for the 1200GSA and the F800GSA is for the missus , thats in the shop already so should have it soon.

Edit:- Anywho , how did you see through my cunning disguise ?? :P

Ah you cant let her get the bike before you. Its just not right! Sure tell the shop to delay it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Or just ride the 800 until your 1200 comes in. The 800 is a great bike.

Paulw wrote: »
    Or just ride the 800 until your 1200 comes in. The 800 is a great bike.

That's the plan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

D3V!L wrote: »
    I really really really doubt it, Dublin HD take f*cking their customers to a new level. :rolleyes: So JD's would have to put in a lot of effort to get to that level

Oh don't worry too much about them making an effort to be dicks, it comes completely natural to the whores in there.

I'm delighted to see the back of them, bastards.

Best of luck with the bikes, they're beautiful looking things.

• Advertisement

My bikes lights are acting the bollox since Saturday. Was out for a spin with Zubair and he noticed rhat half way through the spin i had no lights on.

They then just started working again. Then stopped. Worked this morning and on the way home from work and now dont work again... haha..

The flasher switch for the high beam works grand though.

Is this just a case of tracing wires for the lights to try find one thats damaged or corroded?

I could also be way off but my gear indicator is also off because when i swapped my battery there was a cable next to the negative that wasnt attached. But i got them all mixed up so attached them all. The gear indicator is programmed by tapping a cable off it to the negative battery terminal equal to the amount of gears on the bike. But i think i have that cable screwed onto the battery now. And its just a black wire like the others so no way to easily identify it.

Could this be tripping the lights out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

My bikes lights are acting the bollox since Saturday. Was out for a spin with Zubair and he noticed rhat half way through the spin i had no lights on.

They then just started working again. Then stopped. Worked this morning and on the way home from work and now dont work again... haha..

The flasher switch for the high beam works grand though.

Is this just a case of tracing wires for the lights to try find one thats damaged or corroded?

I could also be way off but my gear indicator is also off because when i swapped my battery there was a cable next to the negative that wasnt attached. But i got them all mixed up so attached them all. The gear indicator is programmed by tapping a cable off it to the negative battery terminal equal to the amount of gears on the bike. But i think i have that cable screwed onto the battery now. And its just a black wire like the others so no way to easily identify it.

Could this be tripping the lights out?

First thing I would investigate is the starter button. This happened my cb before. What happened was the button was not returning properly which caused my headlight to fail but the high beam would work when pressed. So make sure the start button is working correctly

I cant actually turn the lights off on the bike though. The dipped are permanemtly on and i can just flick to high beam. Its the flasher switch for high beam that works but the normal switch to turn the high beam on doesnt do anything.

Since i cant actually manually turn on the low beams im not sure if the switch to go from low to high possibly being faulty would stop them working

I cant actually turn the lights off on the bike though. The dipped are permanemtly on and i can just flick to high beam. Its the flasher switch for high beam that works but the normal switch to turn the high beam on doesnt do anything.

Since i cant actually manually turn on the low beams im not sure if the switch to go from low to high possibly being faulty would stop them working

Perhaps open up the switch housing first and check for corrosion. A blast of wd40 will do no harm.

I will have a look at the switch at the weekend and see how its opened up.
    Deffo gotta try identify the gear indicator wire too and rule that out

If only my shed was ready to be used i could go check it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Lads, is it unusual for your battery to be reading 15v whilst running with the lights on? I know on a car it would be a bit much, but on a bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Bandito909 wrote: »
    Lads, is it unusual for your battery to be reading 15v whilst running with the lights on? I know on a car it would be a bit much, but on a bike?
    Is that at idle or at speed?

listermint wrote: »
    Its too expensive for the components. (i used to sell them)

Nilfisk presently gives better bang for your buck.

Have you any experience with the commercial ones. Diesel ones that heat the water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Is that at idle or at speed?

That was at 3k revs, I'm going to leave the battery on charge overnight as it seems to drop a little just after charge.

Anyone know it's it ok to open those batteries up and check the electrolyte levels? Even though it says DO NOT OPEN!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

Anyone know it's it ok to open those batteries up and check the electrolyte levels? Even though it says DO NOT OPEN!! :pac:

Father Dougal pressing the red button on the plane springs to mind :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

That was at 3k revs, I'm going to leave the battery on charge overnight as it seems to drop a little just after charge.

Thats surface charge on the plates when it drops a little after charging.
    15v is a tad high but not crazy, I'd check the connections from the stator to the reg/rec unit and make sure they are all good, then from reg/rec to battery and Battery to earth.
    Is it a Honda?
    Don't open the cover you won't get it closed again very easily.
    What Amperage is the charger? 10% of the battery capacity is the rate you should be charging, overcharging kills batteries quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have you any experience with the commercial ones. Diesel ones that heat the water?

None at all I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭johnmolly92

Took the bike into work for the first time today. Bit of a shock to the system going from casual spins on the weekend to rush hour Dublin traffic!

Have to get a bit more experience on deciding when to filter and when to wait with traffic. All suggestions welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Have to get a bit more experience on deciding when to filter and when to wait with traffic.

Filter when relaxed and comfortable. Also wait for plenty of space.
    When to wait - when you're not relaxed and when space is tight.

I prefer to just sit when it's heavy. I don't mind when other bikes go by me and I just sit in traffic. I get there when I get there, and it's still faster than the cage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

Anybody on here putting their bikes in any parades tomorrow. Often see classic cars and trucks but rare enough to see bikes in the local parades around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Spinone wrote: »
    Hi Guys . see below my Nephews racing Bike robbed in UK , not sure if we can do anything over here but worth a try to share if u have a Facebook or twitter page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/GR-Motosport/181449401939617

I heard that Jacks bikes have been recovered safe and well.:)

Hope the scum who robbed them are found very unsafe and very unwell.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

how does https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-sv650s/11813971 look to ye? thinking of going having a look at it :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Could anyone tell me what Cotters are like for returns. Won't be able to go instore(in Donegal) to try stuff on but with their 20% off this weekend might take a punt on some gear if it can be sent back for a size change handy enough.

If you buy online you have a 14 day cooling off period to return the stuff.
    You done need to provide a reason for the return but the return shipping is at your own expense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭johnmolly92

Looks clean frozen, you'll never know until you see it in person though!

Advertisement