Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So anyone any leads for a place selling either Givi Panniers or the Kappa versions?

I am looking to get a set for the GSX before summer trip and my go to guy is no longer able to source them for me....looking for a set of V35 Tech at a decent price. A few peeps I know in the past have bought the stuff direct from Italy.

Any links etc would be great....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ive had a good laugh at a few guys on donedeal about these panniers the last while. One dope with his vfr 800 up with a set of v35 on it and i asked if he would sell them seperately.

I told him they are 300 euro on ebay from a lot of Italian retailers and the chap has a ****ing hernia saying buying from Italy isnt safe and he paid 500 euro for the panniers from Givu UK.... The poor sap... :rolleyes:

But yeah.... Any of the Italian retailers on Ebay should come in around 300 euro for a set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I got a kappa 46litre top box from e-bay Italy.
    I think it was around €100.
    I have Givi luggage aswell and both Givi and Kappa have the same bases with the lids being different.
    I'm guessing they are made in the same factory?

As goodlad said, you should pick up a set for 300.
    Heres a 46l topbox delivered for around the 100 mark,
    https://www.ebay.it/ulk/itm/131666043923

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have a givi 47 ltr back box I am on the prowl for panniers, I really don't mind kappa at all but the snob in me would prefer givi to match the back box.

Nothing snobby about that man. I have a givi back box and a silver lid cover for it in the box still. I also have a smoked tail light on the bike so the givi panniers i want are v35 tech with the clear inserts and also silver covers.... haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have a givi 47 ltr back box I am on the prowl for panniers, I really don't mind kappa at all but the snob in me would prefer givi to match the back box.

Nothing worse than not having matching boxes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Got my back box from this seller

http://www.ebay.de/usr/www.motorradteile-preiswert-kaufen.de

By far the cheapest I found at the time and believe me I looked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've bought from these before with no issues. Decent value too

http://www.accessorimotostore.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Wemoto have 15% off Chain and Sprocket kits for the next week. Use Parcel Motel etc for cheaper delivery

www.wemoto.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Neither axa, liberty, nor principal will give me a quote on an sv. don't have enough time today so I'll have to wait till tuesday to ring carole nash, adelaide, and mce, to see if they'll even entertain the idea.

:[

• Advertisement

Ask 3 companies for the refusal in writing. Then log a case for the refusal and you will be given a quote. But it may be an ****ing insane price. Its listed as car insurance but applies to bikes too. Just scroll to the bottom of the page for the info.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/car-insurance#refused

Alternatively, just call back and whoever picks up the phone may insure you. Ive heard of that happening a few times.

Did they say why they wont insure you? Whats your age, ncb etc... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Neither axa, liberty, nor principal will give me a quote on an sv. don't have enough time today so I'll have to wait till tuesday to ring carole nash, adelaide, and mce, to see if they'll even entertain the idea.

:[

What age are you?.

My son is 24, doing his IBT this weekend and has a quote on an SV650. He's sleeping now, but I'll get the details later and PM them to you if you wish.

goodlad wrote: »
    Ask 3 companies for the refusal in writing. Then log a case for the refusal and you will be given a quote. But it may be an ****ing insane price. Its listed as car insurance but applies to bikes too. Just scroll to the bottom of the page for the info.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/car-insurance#refused

Alternatively, just call back and whoever picks up the phone may insure you. Ive heard of that happening a few times.

Did they say why they wont insure you? Whats your age, ncb etc... ?

axa then liberty just said their systems wouldn't generate a quote for me. principal said that they don't quote people with no noclaims bonus. I said would it make a difference if I called back with a different bike and he said no go try liberty.

age and everything definitely not in my favour. 20, no bike ncb, A2 provisional, aon skills assessment grade 3. house is not on a main road, has gates, and the bike would be kept garaged. they didn't care though didn't really seem bothered to get the business unlike the car insurers.

I know I should be looking at something smaller than the sv now but tbh it would be very handy because the guy selling that silver 04 one I posted on this thread earlier lives just up the road 10 minutes away

What age are you?.

My son is 24, doing his IBT this weekend and has a quote on an SV650. He's sleeping now, but I'll get the details later and PM them to you if you wish.

I'm 20 so that's probably the deal breaker for the insurers as I'll be on the A2 license and they probably don't trust that the bike would stay restricted. If you could send it on that would be good then I'd have an idea of what to expect if I ever actually get given a quote

axa then liberty just said their systems wouldn't generate a quote for me. principal said that they don't quote people with no noclaims bonus. I said would it make a difference if I called back with a different bike and he said no go try liberty.

age and everything definitely not in my favour. 20, no bike ncb, A2 provisional, aon skills assessment grade 3. house is not on a main road, has gates, and the bike would be kept garaged. they didn't care though didn't really seem bothered to get the business unlike the car insurers.

I know I should be looking at something smaller than the sv now but tbh it would be very handy because the guy selling that silver 04 one I posted on this thread earlier lives just up the road 10 minutes away

You are more or less restricted to Liberty. They are usually the only crowd that will insure for the first time.

Tbh i would call back and get someone else on the phone. Make a point of saying the bike is restricted and you have a grade assesment done.

I wouldbt be shocked if you get a quote off a different operator with them

I'm 20 so that's probably the deal breaker for the insurers as I'll be on the A2 license and they probably don't trust that the bike would stay restricted. If you could send it on that would be good then I'd have an idea of what to expect if I ever actually get given a quote

He's with Liberty.

I know when he was younger he was finding it difficult and even Liberty wanted a dyno print out to show the bike had been restricted.

I'll try get more details from him later, but I'm not sure he'll be much help since you're so young.

This will be arriving on Wedneday, comes with extras and a reel in the handle. Also 2500 w motor. Comes in at about €185. I'll let you know my thoughts on it when I use it.

Have you tried this out yet man?

I'm looking at a similar one in Argos at the moment

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4823513/Trail/searchtext%3EPRESSURE+WASHER.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I'd deffo recommend one, it blasts the shít out of anything in its way. A bit pricey but worth it imo. The one I got from amazon has a reel in the handle though, which is a bit tidier than one in argos

I dont really want to wait for delivery as the cooncrete in my shed will be all sorted on Monday to start loading stuff onto so going to clean down the place tomorrow.

Probs going to drop to argos and pick up a Vax there.
    The 3 options in order of price are: Gotta look over the spec of them all in a bit more detail.

Edit, yeah the reel in the handle deffo looks handy on the amazon one

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4615680/Trail/searchtext%3EPRESSURE+WASHER.htm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4718642/Trail/searchtext%3EPRESSURE+WASHER.htm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4823513/Trail/searchtext%3EPRESSURE+WASHER.htm

Go for 2500 version, I don't think you'll regret it.

• Advertisement

I kinda think i NEED one with those hose reel attached... haha

I'll call them back after the long weekend and see if I can get someone else at liberty. the 2 times I rang them I got the same girl so hopefully I won't get her again. Although they definitely have all the previous details logged anyway so the next person will see I was refused.

I'll call them back after the long weekend and see if I can get someone else at liberty. the 2 times I rang them I got the same girl so hopefully I won't get her again. Although they definitely have all the previous details logged anyway so the next person will see I was refused.

Check your PM's.. I've sent you my phone number. My son said he'll have a chat with you if you about your options if you wish.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads is there a list or map of motor factors in Dublin - ones that do bike parts? Just bought an '83 BMW K100 that has been off the road a few years, so need a full service kit and a few other things. City or south side - can anyone suggest a few places? Cheers

Zascar wrote: »
    Lads is there a list or map of motor factors in Dublin - ones that do bike parts? Just bought an '83 BMW K100 that has been off the road a few years, so need a full service kit and a few other things. City or south side - can anyone suggest a few places? Cheers
    Don't think anyone of them do, however if you know the precise part it may be interchageble, for example the oil filter on a mazda 525, comes in at about 6€ compared to bike shops at double the price.

Zascar wrote: »

I usually ordered my service kits from Ebay.. Had a quick look at a K100 service kit will set you back about €60 from ebay.

Mak, measure the distance between the bolts on your chain guard.
    I have a swanky vstrom 650 chain guard here you can have if it will fit.

I just dont know if its for the new or old strom 650

goodlad wrote: »
    Mak, measure the distance between the bolts on your chain guard.
    I have a swanky vstrom 650 chain guard here you can have if it will fit.

I just dont know if its for the new or old strom 650

Cheers, I'll do that tomorrow when its bright :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

Meant to post earlier in the week but while out last weekend I noticed that they were re-doing a section of the n20 south of Mallow. What's strange about that you ask, well it's a 2+1 road, so basically 2 lanes in one direction and only a single lane going the opposite. Think it was like it before but the problem is that it's separated by the cheese grater type of barrier.
    Why oh why aren't they replacing these type of barrier with a solid type while they're doing the work. I know they're on a lot of older roads but I thought they weren't supposed to be using it anymore. The powers that be really don't think about us motorcyclists at all when planning or designing roads.
    Bit of a rant I know, but was surprised to see it still being installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

jvan wrote: »
    Meant to post earlier in the week but while out last weekend I noticed that they were re-doing a section of the n20 south of Mallow. What's strange about that you ask, well it's a 2+1 road, so basically 2 lanes in one direction and only a single lane going the opposite. Think it was like it before but the problem is that it's separated by the cheese grater type of barrier.
    Why oh why aren't they replacing these type of barrier with a solid type while they're doing the work. I know they're on a lot of older roads but I thought they weren't supposed to be using it anymore. The powers that be really don't think about us motorcyclists at all when planning or designing roads.
    Bit of a rant I know, but was surprised to see it still being installed.

Hate the sight of those wires and every time I'm on that road I picture someone getting sliced in half!
    I think they are banned in some countries!

Advertisement