Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I got some leather and did it myself on an old fazer. Can't remember if I had to borrow a stapler but only took a short time and didnt cost a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭MarcoAntonio23

http://nolanautocare.ie/ did a fantastic job of my saddle when the dog ate it & reasonably priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,362 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So, how does doghide look on a bike saddle then? :cool:

Scrap the cap!

Lad's I'm looking for both seats for a Suzuki SV650s K2 (Curvy) or a recommend for someone to do a decent job recovering both on my son's SV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭COH

Last time I sat on a bike was 2002....

IBT tomorrow morning and I feel like a kid on Christmas eve waiting on Santa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

COH wrote: »
    Last time I sat on a bike was 2002....

IBT tomorrow morning and I feel like a kid on Christmas eve waiting on Santa

I remember that feeling. Have fun!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭COH

zubair wrote: »
    I remember that feeling. Have fun!!!

Was probably the best fun I've had with my clothes on! Ended up on a CBF600 up the Wicklow mountains ... absolute f*cking bliss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

http://nolanautocare.ie/ did a fantastic job of my saddle when the dog ate it & reasonably priced.
    DUE TO A LARGE VOLUME OF ORDERS, NOLAN AUTO CARE IS CURRENTLY ONLY CATERING FOR TRADE CUSTOMERS

^^^ From their site.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

got my test date, 30th of june. still haven't got a bike yet and I'm going to order the rest of my gear some time this week, I have money on paypal from selling stuff on ebay and motocard.com are doing a deal when you pay by paypal so its a good time for it.

I'm sickened now I couldn't get my act together and get the sv650 just out the road from me, would have been very handy. Might end up having to widen the search from just pointy SVs, next to no choice on donedeal at the moment.

I'm doubly sickened by paying just under 2 grand for car insurance, it has cut into the motorbike funds a good bit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Booked my test, anyone know how long will I be waiting for a date? Looked on YouTube at the Finglas test, looks a bit intense. What's the best way to prepare, I ordered two books. I remember doing my car test and got a DVD on it, was excellent and definitely got me to pass my test is there anything on the bike test? Or a few lessons maybe. Just find with lessons it's over and only get a few points, with the DVD you can watch it again and get other stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

TallGlass wrote: »
    Booked my test, anyone know how long will I be waiting for a date? Looked on YouTube at the Finglas test, looks a bit intense. What's the best way to prepare, I ordered two books. I remember doing my car test and got a DVD on it, was excellent and definitely got me to pass my test is there anything on the bike test? Or a few lessons maybe. Just find with lessons it's over and only get a few points, with the DVD you can watch it again and get other stuff.

I was waiting 2 weeks before I got a date. Booked on 3rd May, got date on 17th May, test on 22nd June.

There is only so much you can pick up from a book or DVD. Riding is the only way to get real experience. Driving a car is a fair bit different from riding a bike, when it comes to road position, observations, etc.

A pre-test is always useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Zascar wrote: »

I'm both in awe and in love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

TallGlass wrote: »

pre test is a good idea, if you follow what the instructor says to do you're pretty much guaranteed to pass. Also, go driving around the test route area to get used to the roads. I hadn't driven through estates at all prior to the test, so it took a little bit of getting used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Out in Galway/Clare for a spin along the WAW for the weekend. Seen more than a few riders acting the bollix with seriously dangerous overtaking.

Tis a beautiful day. Ride safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Anyone head to Bikefest?
    I went for the spin. 180 mile round trip for me.
    Arrived at 10am.. Got a burger.. Had a chat for about a half an hour and headed back home.
    Was just in the door when i got a dose of the shîts!
    Fûck you Bikefest burgers!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Tasselfest

Cienciano wrote: »
    Tasselfest

True!
    It's definitely not BurgerFest!:o
    Went for the spin, road was quiet on the way down.
    Glad I didn't leave it til later to go as on the way home the traffic was getting fairly busy heading for Killarney.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Tasselfest

LOL ~ a mate rides with a club (who shall remain annon) who turned up at the Gypsy Rose pub last summer and left because the place was full of bikers, rock & metal. They even asked me where they'd find a quiet pub in Templebar for a pint & a chat lol... Anyway, going through photos of the Bikefest on facebook and here's the lads enjoying an ice cream with an empty concert stage behind them!.

I should have went down, but I'm the worse & laziest planner ever and just didn't bother. If someone doesn't organize a trip for me I'm fooked.

ATGATT?... Nah, 'tis too damned hot for that sh*t!...

387852.jpg

Or is it a case that Stewie Griffin made so many modifications to his R1 that he'd to sell the shirt of his back to pay for it all?.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Gopro style action camera, branded National Geographic in Aldi this week €45 https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-9-june/products-detail-page/ps/p/full-hd-action-camcorder/?pk_campaign=ie_product_newsletter&pk_kwd=2016-06-06_15-11

Is this one of the GoPro copies, are the mounts etc all the same does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

ATGATT?... Nah, 'tis too damned hot for that sh*t!...

387852.jpg

Or is it a case that Stewie Griffin made so many modifications to his R1 that he'd to sell the shirt of his back to pay for it all?.

:P

Nice helmet there..............:eek::D

Gopro style action camera, branded National Geographic in Aldi this week €45 https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-9-june/products-detail-page/ps/p/full-hd-action-camcorder/?pk_campaign=ie_product_newsletter&pk_kwd=2016-06-06_15-11

Is this one of the GoPro copies, are the mounts etc all the same does anyone know?

That looks exactly the same as an sj4000.
    If so most of the mounts will match go pro.

If the quality is the same as the real sj4000,thats a good camera for the price.
    If the quality is the same as a fake sj4000,it won't last that long.
    There is a 3 year warranty with it though!

Yeah I was thinking it was just an SJ4000 rebranded. I've heard good things about these and was thinking of getting one. At least you can buy it in Aldi and keep the receipt so you'll get a refund if it ever dies.

What's the deal with the real vs fake ones? How can you tell?

Yeah I was thinking it was just an SJ4000 rebranded. I've heard good things about these and was thinking of getting one. At least you can buy it in Aldi and keep the receipt so you'll get a refund if it ever dies.

What's the deal with the real vs fake ones? How can you tell?

I could tell the difference before but have forgotten now.
    A few of the things with the waterproof case were slightly different.

Ive had 2 fakes and a real one, all bought around the same time.
    The fakes have stopped working.
    The second just last week.
    The port for the charger cable came away from the circuit board,even though it never got overuse (i was plugged from day one in my car and only use the cigarette lighter end for plugging in and out.
    I soldered it butit was tight and still wouldn't work after.

The real one is working away grand.
    Once in a blue moon it freezes and needs the sd card formatted and then works away again.

I googled that Aldi came, it gets terrible reviews.

Re the SJ4000 ~ I bought a fake, its sh*t. And there are so many faked SJ4000's about that I wouldn't have the confidence in buying another.

You can buy the original GoPro Hero for €120 new now, thats where I'd put my money.

I googled that Aldi came, it gets terrible reviews.

Re the SJ4000 ~ I bought a fake, its sh*t. And there are so many faked SJ4000's about that I wouldn't have the confidence in buying another.

You can buy the original GoPro Hero for €120 new now, thats where I'd put my money.

Was it definitely that one Mak?
    I think it's different to the last one Aldi had for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The GoPro Session is great and only €220. Well worth checking out. Better build and quality than the original GoPro Hero.

http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/cameras/hero-session/CHDHS-102-EU.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

They still make the original HERO as well: https://www.amazon.co.uk/GoPro-CHDHA-301-EU-HERO-Camera-English-French/dp/B00O468GKM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1465313229&sr=8-2&keywords=gopro+hd+hero a little less cash, even less still if you can get 'em in the states.

The clones seem to be "you get what you pay for". I'd use them if I was not sure if you'd lose them (a mate has one for boat stuff where he's not sure if he'll get the camera back).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Was going to start a new thread for this but its not so big an issue so ill stick it here!

Im living in Tenerife at the moment, have a bike here (suzuki gsxf600) and until yesterday had one at home too(bmw r1150gs).

The GS was sold cause i dont plan to come home any time soon. Now im looking at moving to within walking distance of work and considering selling the Suzuki too. The money I could get for it is more valuable to me than a bike I don't really need. It makes sense to sell.

But its been at ten years since I've been bikeless and I don't know, maybe I will regret it! So, anybody gone through periods of bikelessness? What do you do?!

Advertisement