Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Agile, of course it makes sense to sell, however, are you sensible? :) Whats the bike worth? If it only worth a couple of grand I'd hang on to it, if its worth more, I'd consider selling it, and buying a cheaper bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Its worth next to nothing but its all relative. My wages are next to nothing but so is the cost of living!

I've managed to always have a bike before, even though sometimes it didn't make much sense, but I think this might be the end of the line. At least for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

if you're not stuck for the cash, and arent falling over it, I'd hang onto it.. but I am a compulsive hoarder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sell the GSX and buy a cheaper smaller bike one that won't break the bank and you'll still have a bike to get your fix when you want it.
    Think about an Enduro bike and explore more of the Island?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ended up buying the Aldi cam.
    Seems ok.
    Exactly same as the sj4000.
    Also came with a 4gb sd card.
    For the price and the 3 year warranty you can't go wrong.
    B24AA4BC-91F6-4BA8-BBA2-D111198A29DD_zpsduzjj9gi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Sell the GSX and buy a cheaper smaller bike one that won't break the bank and you'll still have a bike to get your fix when you want it.
    Think about an Enduro bike and explore more of the Island?
    There's no such thing as cheap here on the island unfortunately! Second hand prices are ridiculous. New bikes are good value cause of tax rates but we'll not even go there!!

blade1 wrote: »
    Ended up buying the Aldi cam.
    Seems ok.
    Exactly same as the sj4000.
    Also came with a 4gb sd card.
    For the price and the 3 year warranty you can't go wrong.
    B24AA4BC-91F6-4BA8-BBA2-D111198A29DD_zpsduzjj9gi.jpg

Is it the same as the sj4000 though?

Ive been researching these the last few days ever since I saw the aldi cam for sale and anything I have read said it doesnt even come close, so I didnt buy it.
    looking at youtube videos you cant even make out reg plates off it whereas the sj4000 by all accounts is as good as a go pro...

SJ4000 looks like high priced ebay or amazon is the only way to go to get an original, if its cheap its fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Hit a bug on the way to work, right between the eyes.

He was one big juicy ****er - burst on impact and I had to finish my journey trying to scrape bug juice out of my eyes

That'll learn me to leave the visor up...

TGIF :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

if its cheap its fake.

Cheap and fake are my middle names...i dont feel the need to read reg plates.....you get what you pay for imo..doesnt claim to be as good as a gopro..;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

speaking of reading reg plates..

what is the reg on this bike

OTBiNTkzYjdmNTEzMTU4ZDc1NTI0Zjg0MDJjMDg2N2SrqWU9a7xnBZdIEowohTXJaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181Njg2NDI4N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

It's from this ad but I can't look it up on any of the car tell type websites?
    I see 03L40387, isn't showing up anywhere though, so either I need new glasses or 'Sameer' hasn't got the right plates on this bike

I'm probably going to give up the idea of finding a pointy sv, I've been looking at fazer 600s and there's a gold one with small miles in limerick that I might go take a look at, although it's been lowered so I'll have to figure out what exactly would need to be changed to get it put back to standard height

Everything is very overpriced at the moment

• Advertisement

try 'C' instead of 'L' - 03C40387

nice one, new glasses it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Just another scooter? Not quite: electric motor, faster than a 125cc off the line, with battery-swop stations around the city (of Taipei only).
    Gogoro scooter
    Battery station

gotta hand it to em, thats pretty neat

got a pair of alpinestars gp plus gloves.. bad quality control there's a big loose thread on the index finger, don't really fancy that splitting open at speed

ZH2eILS.jpg

there's another loose thread on one of the palm bits too on the same glove. The other one seems grand

going to be a pain in the arse sending them back and getting a new pair it's with motocard.com and they claim they don't do advance RMAs so I'd have to wait for them to get the gloves in the post and process them before they'd think about sending out new ones.

Picking up a bike this week :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Not saying they are but alot of alpinestars fake gloves going around, if you don't want to send them back get a lighter and burn thread to ball the end it won't get loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I've had some problems with the fingers coming apart on my last few pairs of Alpinestars as well. Its only the left for some reason :confused:

I was looking at trying to tie a little knot but on the other glove the two threads loop back into the glove at that point and I was just like ****ing hell I spent 140 euro on this

I'd say I might send them back, whatever about them maybe splitting if I fell off, I just don't want the finger to split open in a month of normal use and have to pay that again. Wouldn't mind the roughness if they were 50 euro

I hope they're not fake, and it is the left glove with the split. I'd say a* might have some quality control issues alright

I still don't really want to go to the effort of sending them back because I'd be waiting 2 weeks before getting a replacement pair. I might look a bit closer at the thread and see if I could tie it in myself like they have it on the other glove

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I'm looking for a pair of summer gloves. Limit of €80. Any recommendations? I can pick up a set of held air stream for €80. Anyone any experience with these. It's a pain trying get to dry out my gloves overnight so a second pair would give me more time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

I'm looking for a pair of summer gloves. Limit of €80. Any recommendations? I can pick up a set of held air stream for €80. Anyone any experience with these. It's a pain trying get to dry out my gloves overnight so a second pair would give me more time.

I got these in cotters about two years ago and find them excellent value for money, Very tactile, and have great airflow and decent protection. Couldn't do better for 50euro
    http://www.cottermc.com/gloves/richa-mugello-glove-black-m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Bandito909 wrote: »
    I got these in cotters about two years ago and find them excellent value for money, Very tactile, and have great airflow and decent protection. Couldn't do better for 50euro
    http://www.cottermc.com/gloves/richa-mugello-glove-black-m

They are exactly what I'm looking for. Nice one. And I'm in the area tomorrow. Do they usually have a good stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

They are exactly what I'm looking for. Nice one. And I'm in the area tomorrow. Do they usually have a good stock?

Sorry pal, I've been offline. They do usually have them, a friend of mine borrowed these and decided to buy a pair for himself only a few weeks ago, and I'd say because they have them listed on the site they should have them in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Lads, need to get a rear tyre fitted, not too familiar with Dublin in terms of tyre fitters - anyone have any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Just head to cotters. Ya wont beat them on price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lads, need to get a rear tyre fitted, not too familiar with Dublin in terms of tyre fitters - anyone have any recommendations?

If you already have a tyre then they're all the same, are you north or south side?.

If you're buying a tyre then I don't think anyone can beat Cotters on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

If you already have a tyre then they're all the same, are you north or south side?.

I do. I'm on the northside.

On another thread (have you been fleeced by bike world(something like that)), D3vil mentioned the liftstick sold by Louis in Germany. I got it today and it is small and can easily lift the TDM off the ground, its a great little gadget if your bike doesn't have a centre stand. I got it delivered for €40 compared to the €75 that bikeworld are charging according to D3vil.

Link to Louis

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

How does that compare to a paddock stand? Doesn't look steady watching that?

Because the paddock stand needs the bike to be at a 90 degree angle in order to lift it, it needs two people, I bought one and it needs two. this yoke is lite weight and is a piece of píss to raise the back wheel.

Anybody need an unused paddock stand :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Because the paddock stand needs the bike to be at a 90 degree angle in order to lift it, it needs two people, I bought one and it needs two. this yoke is lite weight and is a piece of píss to raise the back wheel.

Anybody need an unused paddock stand :D

A little bit of balancing and a long arm and the paddock stand is cool. ;)

Advertisement