Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

shietpilot wrote: »
    On the Stolen & Recovered Ireland FB page:
    lifuPQq.png

Owner knows about it seemingly. SV650

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

"Help get someone their pride and joy"

**** that. Better off where it is, I know I would not want that bike back after it ending up in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Would have thought the weight of the bike would stop it floating to the top..no need for the brick imo....:P

I know bikes get robbed all the time but seeing it on its side in the water makes my ****in piss boil with rage!!!

So many scumbags on such a small island ffs....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Boiled piss indeed.
    I can't understand scum like that.
    Rounders bat time IMO.

• Advertisement

id say it was a case of couldnt start it so dumped it in the canal instead, cos theyre 'mad n all'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

listermint wrote: »
    id say it was a case of couldnt start it so dumped it in the canal instead, cos theyre 'mad n all'

The SV has an immobilizer, f*ck all use unless you have the key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

water gets in the front sparkplug well, common enough fault :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Scrotes on bokes* annoying the normals on this thread, have to say they annoy me too...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102097001&postcount=72

* lookit I had to make it rhyme somehow.

Scrap the cap!

Went out for a spin today, driving down a back road in wicklow to hear a clinking noise great.... Got herself to jump off and have a look under, the side stand bolts were completely lose and the whole side stand was dragging on the floor. Thank Saturdays for cable ties.

Tightened them all up when got home must have worked themselves lose for some time

• Advertisement

Went out for a spin today, driving down a back road in wicklow to hear a clinking noise great.... Got herself to jump off and have a look under, the side stand bolts were completely lose and the whole side stand was dragging on the floor. Thank Saturdays for cable ties.

Tightened them all up when got home must have worked themselves lose for some time

Yeah, Vibrations get the hardest nuts loose over time. Even more so on the vibie twins. I use a little bit of thread lock on all nuts I really dont wanna come loose and check the bike over every service or maintenance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Vibrations get the hardest nuts loose over time.

Oo-er.

Scrap the cap!

Pain in the rocks but cable ties are heaven sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

took the bike out to have a listen again and figure out exactly what I should be ordering, after a long drought got a bit of work and am putting an invoice together for previous stuff so I'll thankfully have a bit of cash again to put towards it.

battery totally dead though, so I'll have to buy a battery tender on top of all the other stuff. No harm because I'll need it forever anyway

pain in the tits not being able to go out today, clear blue sky with the sun out here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

took the bike out to have a listen again and figure out exactly what I should be ordering.

battery totally dead though, so I'll have to buy a battery tender on top of all the other stuff. No harm because I'll need it forever anyway

I had a similar issue on Saturday. Bike was hard to start. Got it started and went for a spin. I bought a charger early Dec, so when I got home I plugged it in. Only 30% charge in the battery, so I guess before the spin it was almost dead.

Charged up now, so ready to go. A bit too hung over today to go out on the bike. Was at a good wedding yesterday. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Pique wrote: »

Opps just created a thread for this. Lol

Guys, seriously some of these clips are so funny....well worth a watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

the guy around 4 minutes in who just falls into the back garden... ffs lol

the guy around 4 minutes in who just falls into the back garden... ffs lol

Yeah, PMSL and he says out loud "what happened there"......:P:P

• Advertisement

If you cant get out for a spin just watch this and you will be as good as out....dragged out of the archives.

Would anyone know off hand where to get a hand vaccum pump, nothing fancy (for bleeding brakes) in Dublin or surrounding areas? Or recommend one they have already?

Think I might have air trapped in system (possibly in the ABS module) as I have bled them twice now and they are still soft which is unusual at this stage.

Would anyone know off hand where to get a hand vaccum pump, nothing fancy (for bleeding brakes) in Dublin or surrounding areas? Or recommend one they have already?

Think I might have air trapped in system (possibly in the ABS module) as I have bled them twice now and they are still soft which is unusual at this stage.

You have to cycle the abs module when bleeding. Look up Cycling abs module for your bike model

You have to cycle the abs module when bleeding. Look up Cycling abs module for your bike model

Good luck with that, can find very little online about the bike (or the bandit 1200 - which is near identical bar fairings.)

Would brake my heart to hand the bike over to a dealer to use some kinda gameboy looking gadget to bleed the brakes and rob me of €190.

Good luck with that, can find very little online about the bike (or the bandit 1200 - which is near identical bar fairings.)

Would brake my heart to hand the bike over to a dealer to use some kinda gameboy looking gadget to bleed the brakes and rob me of €190.

Buy the hanyes manual?

Im in Blackrock and have one, ive never got it working and ended up just bleeding them old school but your welcome to borrow it if you want to give it a shot.

I have heard bleeding abs brakes is a different ballgame, ive never had abs brakes but i think you need to mess around with the ecu to do it properly

Im in Blackrock and have one, ive never got it working and ended up just bleeding them old school but your welcome to borrow it if you want to give it a shot.

I have heard bleeding abs brakes is a different ballgame, ive never had abs brakes but i think you need to mess around with the ecu to do it properly

Have to tell the pump to cycle in order to remove air locks in the pump and get the fluid through it fully.

It really depends on the bike and the sophistication of the brakes (linked, anti roll tech etc etc) but most of the ABS bleeds are done the same as non ABS brakes. Mine would be fairly straight forward and I have watched a few you tube vids and its the power of the vaccum or the pneumatic pumps that make the difference.

@Travis Howling Pocketful

Many thanx for the offer but I am deffo gonna invest in one, they have them online for €25 or there abouts so its worth the investment. Appreciate the offer BTW....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Yesterday, after 4 and a bit bikeless years, I put a deposit on an old VFR. It'll be Saturday before I pick it up though.

I'm excited. :)

Edit: P.S. Now I can actually post on this forum and not just lurk. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Nice one - which model ? Had a FI for 2 years, great bike. Even if it did get a bit warm around the ballsack. Fun to drive.

Advertisement