Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

GBX wrote: »
    Nice one - which model ? Had a FI for 2 years, great bike. Even if it did get a bit warm around the ballsack. Fun to drive.

One after your one I think, VTEC with ABS. Pains me that it'll be the end of next week before I can just hop onto it, point it in a random direction and go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Anyone have any idea how these tests differ? is one supreme over the other? for some reason I dont really regard the MOT. I be delighted if someone could tell me different. We all know the stories of bangers getting through the NCT here so is the MOT along the same lines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

What did I miss?

g1352262489383811430.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Lads, im auctioning off 2 vouchers for a Bike Valet with Brian in Motorcycle Valeting Dublin to raise money for my Rev Up for DSI at the end of April

https://www.facebook.com/motorcyclevaletingDublin

Need to keep it on a single thread which is over on Biker.

If anyone wants to make an offer please do it on the biker.ie thread

http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=236257

I'll be honest goodlad, I hardly have enough time to look at the bike at the minute, never mind taking it to Dublin for a valet. Another time perhaps.

After sitting in the shed for a week and a bit, I finally got the bike out for a spin today. Only did 40km to get a feel for biking again, but I'm home an hour and still buzzing. :D

• Advertisement

Tis cool. Japcati bought both valet vouchers.
    And i know what you mean about lack of time. I havent used my bike in over 5 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v140eKgAlgU

Good vid to watch, great to see such mutual respect with healthy competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

good video here about john mcguinness

2 parter at about an hour long total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Spotted this over on another forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Jesus Christ. I dunno. That truck driver just seems like a total wanker, didn't even ask him if he was alright, big loud bang and he doesn't even get out of the truck without the biker having to shout to him. What the fúck.

• Advertisement

OMG what a prick....hopes out and is checking the damage to the truck, doesnt even acknowledge the rider. How was the rider to calm.......

That is the type of prick that would say it was not his fault even he wasnt bang to rights on camera!!!

^^And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I want a GoPro.

What a knob. Couldn't even be bothered with a simple "Are you OK?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

In fairness, the truck driver looked to be in shock as well. People lose jobs over this kind of thing and he may well have been thinking about that.
    The accident was low speed and no-one was hurt but the shock of seeing a bike crushed under the truck did phase him he looks a bit out of it.
    Shock does funny things to people, not everyone shows it the same way.
    I am just glad no-one was hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Thats has to be the calmest motorbiker ever.

Id be going mental at that stupid truck driver.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    In fairness, the truck driver looked to be in shock as well. People lose jobs over this kind of thing and he may well have been thinking about that.
    The accident was low speed and no-one was hurt but the shock of seeing a bike crushed under the truck did phase him he looks a bit out of it.
    Shock does funny things to people, not everyone shows it the same way.
    I am just glad no-one was hurt.

Maybe, but he had enough wits about him to check the truck and not the biker!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats has to be the calmest motorbiker ever.

Id be going mental at that stupid truck driver.

He was in shock as well. Like I said not everyone reacts the same way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,129 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

This is slightly funny.

Watch Martin Clunes hilariously berated for parking BMW in motorcycle space at Waitrose in Crewkerne
    http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/watch-martin-clunes-hilariously-berated-for-parking-bmw-in-motorcycle-space-at-waitrose-in-crewkerne/story-30121820-detail/story.html

Yer man with the camera is a fúcking idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

goodlad wrote: »

Agree, he came out of that looking like a knob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    OMG what a prick....hopes out and is checking the damage to the truck, doesnt even acknowledge the rider. How was the rider to calm.......

That is the type of prick that would say it was not his fault even he wasnt bang to rights on camera!!!

might have seen the truck if he wasn't looking at 00:05 :

JApMgwA.jpg

• Advertisement

gctest50 wrote: »
    might have seen the truck if he wasn't looking at 00:05 :

JApMgwA.jpg

"HE" might of seen the truck!!!!

Its got nothing to do with him seeing the truck, or what he was looking at before this incident, its about the truck seeing him.

In that video the truck is not even starting to turn at 0:05 sec when he was looking at the person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭Johnboner

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    "HE" might of seen the truck!!!!

Its got nothing to do with him seeing the truck, or what he was looking at before this incident, its about the truck seeing him.

In that video the truck is not even starting to turn at 0:05 sec when he was looking at the person.

If you ride a bike then you should know that everyone is trying to kill you and it's up to you to take evasive maneuvers. If I ride according to the rules and my priority, I will get hit by another vehicle so you always have to take evasive maneuvers yourself or die even if you are in the right because other vehicles do not follow the rules of the road. I will give you an example. I was riding from school and going on the main road and a taxi decides to turn right in front of me from the other side of the road, I am right, he is wrong but this happens all the time and it is up to me to avoid hitting me as they never see you anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

RSA have a Survey up about motorcycling. Chance to win a €650 Shoei helmet.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

goodlad wrote: »

Why?.

Tbh I'm disappointed in the attitude of Martin Clunes, who I like (from what I've seen on his own TV shows) but in this he just comes across as a pompous, dismissive prick.

Apart from the guy (cam guy) comparing motorcycle parking bays to handicapped parking (a bad comparison) he's actually right, Clunes shouldn't have been parked there.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

infacteh wrote: »

Longest Survey ever!!

Purely confidential me arse....

Would you like to win a 650 euro helmet....er YES

Give me all your details!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Zascar wrote: »
    Longest Survey ever!!

Not for me, I failed the first question. 1 & done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

infacteh wrote: »

Thanks for that, an opportunity to actually give feedback to the RSA. I suggested that bikers be allowed to use bus lanes and advanced stop boxes.

Gavin wrote: »
    Thanks for that, an opportunity to actually give feedback to the RSA. I suggested that bikers be allowed to use bus lanes and advanced stop boxes.

We do, well I do.l dunno about others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I've got as far as the rider behaviour section and my suspicions are aroused.
    What is the purpose of this survey? Is there a hidden agenda?

Some years ago in the UK a similar survey was published and advertised. Not by a govt. or public body AFAIR. But MAG or BMF (I don't remember which) took issue with it after complaints from motorcyclists. Ultimately a boycott of the survey was advocated. (No, I'm not advocating a boycott.)

Are there any surveys asking drivers how often they speed, make poor judgements at junctions, use the phone etc. etc.?
    I'd like to be able to skip a question if I choose.
    I speak as someone who is usually very happy - almost keen - to provide market research and survey information.

Advertisement