Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

The date is grand. Its early 2015 and i bought these late 2016.
    They are Metzeler Sportec M5 so sticky enough. I had given em a good wash but never checked em after tbh. Looking at em again this evening they are extremely slippy. Like running your hand over plastic, not rubber. Deffo need go go at em with a scouring pad.

Crash protector bent and cracked the fairing but it's not too bad. Its a small crack. Just seen the right hangar is snapped clean apart where where the heel guard is attached. To get back on the road i just need the right hangar, peg and brake lever. Will have a look on ebay tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Things on donedeal getting a bit ridiculous... :P

TlaOa4H.png?1

Also what's the craic with folks posting about how rare bikes are. I know it's a cheap trick and they just want to sell it, but they must think people are daft. Puts me right off even being interested when they're trying to pull the wool over your eyes from the get go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Anyone using a bullet type camera on your motorcycle. Not a go pro type or a Drift. If so what are you using and is it hardwired and not relying on it's own battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

goodlad wrote: »
    . Deffo need go go at em with a scouring pad.

Don't bother with a scourer, get some 80 grit sandpaper and give them a good going over so the rubber is nicely darkened, don't worry you won't make any appreciable difference to the lifespan but it will get the surface roughened up enough to move at least some of the mould release agent.

I gave em a scrub earlier and then poured boiling water straight from the kettle onto em. Could see an oily film coming off the tyres with the hot water. They already feel like totally dofferent now. They feel like i would of expected the tyre to feel rather than the plastic feeling they had. Gonna do a burnout on em to break in the centre line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭COH

Cracking day for a spin today...

Left it til after lunch and shot out to the Sally Gap from town earlier. Not a huge fan of that stretch of road, bumpy as hell. Blasted down towards Glendalough by Laragh, across to Vallymount and up the Lake Drive (had never done that before) then up to Manorkilbride and then the back roads home to Dublin.

After a sh*tty Winter its days like today really make you appreciate the freedom of the bike :) The misses is now threatening to buy some gear to come out and about next time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

This is what constitutes a motorcycle test in the U.S, I would do all that just getting in and out of a petrol station ffs!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/04/01/first-hybrid-xdrive-bmw-motorcycle-revealed/

Have you seen this lads? The new GS has electric front wheel drive! I've been saying for a while that electric is going to come to bikes. I'd love to see what it's like. I wonder will all the superbikes get something like this too - the way the supercars do..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Zascar wrote: »
    http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/04/01/first-hybrid-xdrive-bmw-motorcycle-revealed/

Have you seen this lads? The new GS has electric front wheel drive! I've been saying for a while that electric is going to come to bikes. I'd love to see what it's like. I wonder will all the superbikes get something like this too - the way the supercars do..

Er.. did you check the date of the post?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Er.. did you check the date of the post?
    Ah you shouldn't have spoiled it! :pac:

• Advertisement

The 2wd motorcycle thing was actually done by Yamaha years ago they used a hydraulic drive though.
    Its was called Yamaha 2-Trac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd imagine the extra weight at the front and extra complexity isn't worth really worth it for whatever traction it gives you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Ah you shouldn't have spoiled it! :pac:
    Sorry, I didn't think, but the 1st had passed. And it was a fairly lazy attempt. They hadn't even bothered to photoshop the images.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'd imagine the extra weight at the front and extra complexity isn't worth really worth it for whatever traction it gives you.

Probably minimal benefits on road, off road it might make a lot of difference?
    https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/designcafe/en/about-bikes/off-road/index.aspx?segment=Off%20Road&view=article&id=441269
    front_01%20PS%2003%20big%20top.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭johnmolly92

Well lads!

Any recommendations where to get front brake discs for a SV650s?

Would like to have them here quick enough too. Theres bit of play in one of them already thats causing some vibration while braking.

Well lads no excuses this weekend, weather is meant to be up around 18-20c degrees on sat so plenty of excuses to go for a spin and an Ice Cream or a fancy panini (Remember that Zas LMFAO) if you ZASCAR!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Fooking typical it's the same weekend I'm going to a wedding in Spain, I'll just have to console myself drinking beer in the Spanish heat

New rearset is being delivered today so will get out for a short spin on saturday i hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well lads no excuses this weekend, weather is meant to be up around 18-20c degrees on sat so plenty of excuses to go for a spin and an Ice Cream or a fancy panini (Remember that Zas LMFAO) if you ZASCAR!!!!!

And you used to all call me panini boy too because of the usernames. LOL

.... have since gained my own nickname though :(

Sunday?

Haha I'll take that one to my grave lol!

• Advertisement

Haha I'll take that one to my grave lol!

Wish I had a Gopro on for that one, no offense but it was a real Damo and Ivor moment....instant classic.

zubair wrote: »
    And you used to all call me panini boy too because of the usernames. LOL

.... have since gained my own nickname though :(

Sunday?

No, that was Brian getting confused with Zascar after about 13 Jemmys at his wedding!

I wasn't that hungry so didn't want the monster breakfast or whatever you had - but ffs it was a bad choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Anyone know where I can pick up a link pipe for hornet 250 exhaust? Or even hornet 600, I heard they are the same link pipes. (or not far off).

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    No, that was Brian getting confused with Zascar after about 13 Jemmys at his wedding!

The two small posh lads are easy to mix up !!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Cracker of a day out there lads, two of us heading out after work for a spin if anyone fancies it!

On another note I met Makikomi on the commute today, Easily recognisable even without his captain America Lid !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Anyone know where I can pick up a link pipe for hornet 250 exhaust? Or even hornet 600, I heard they are the same link pipes. (or not far off).

Getting something welded up could be your only option. I had a link pipe fail a while back on a previous bike and it was beyond repair (surrounding metal was too thin to weld to) so had to get a whole new stainless system

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No not for colourful johnnys

Where can I get the infamous Red Rubber Grease, this weekend, in a motor factors or whatever, south or west Dublin.

Calipers are screaming out for a strip and clean but I can't be ar5ed doing it without RRG and having to do it again in 4 or 5 months time, the RRG should make for a longer lasting job

Scrap the cap!

Just make sure you get tubes of it instead of cans, the cans get manky after a while and the RRG lasts for years in tubes coz you only use a bit at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Yeah, tube-a-lube is the way to go. :)

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement