Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

No not for colourful johnnys

Where can I get the infamous Red Rubber Grease, this weekend, in a motor factors or whatever, south or west Dublin.

Calipers are screaming out for a strip and clean but I can't be ar5ed doing it without RRG and having to do it again in 4 or 5 months time, the RRG should make for a longer lasting job

Motor factors in Coolmine Industrial Estate,just opposite An Post Depot.

About 14 euro for a big tub of it.

20161219_134025_zpsopplyhpq.jpg

Mr Sheen! wrote: »
    Cracker of a day out there lads, two of us heading out after work for a spin if anyone fancies it!

On another note I met Makikomi on the commute today, Easily recognisable even without his captain America Lid !!

Ah balls to that,yous could have stopped by mine for a cuppa and slagged me off while trying to cut and fit the carbon to me bike.:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Motor factors in Coolmine Industrial Estate,just opposite An Post Depot.

About 14 euro for a big tub of it.

20161219_134025_zpsopplyhpq.jpg

Southside Motor Factors, Kylemore Rd have the same one, same price.

I'll get a little plastic tub and put what I'll be using into that, that way the large tub won't get dirt etc. into it.

Scrap the cap!

Southside Motor Factors, Kylemore Rd have the same one, same price.

I'll get a little plastic tub and put what I'll be using into that, that way the large tub won't get dirt etc. into it.

You can have some of mine if you want.:)

I've already bought it, after I peg it and he's had a few decades of using it, my son can pass what's left down to my future grandson :)

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I see Barron Von Grumble has started a new channel, chap will end up on Top Gear soon!!!! New channel called 44 teeth......

https://www.youtube.com/user/FortyFourTeeth/videos

Great Vid, Great Scenery & Great Bike...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Renewed with Principal today, and just wanted to give them a shout out for being really helpful & pleasant to deal with.

Added an extra bike on the policy and they got me a better deal with another underwriter, so I came out paying less than last year with an extra bike on policy. Couldn't ask for more really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Changed tyres (again) and took the bike for the short spin to work today.
    God damn it was great being back out on the bike. Still iffy about any form of cornering as my mind is convincing me i can feel the back slip again but in reality i know its know.

Justr gonna chill and take the bike out every day now and get the confidence back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

2q0lro6.jpg

n6f6v6.jpg

Bad run of luck lately. Today's was over tightening the chain/mud guard and snapping the screw in the swing arm:o

So what bit of kit do you recommend? Will a tap and die set cover the jobs or do I also need an extractor set? I would rather pick one up locally rather than wait on delivery over the Easter period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Where are you located?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

snap.. I need a tap and die set too, one of the small black side panels on my bike I cross threaded yesterday into the frame, using a single screw bit in my hand! took next to no effort at all to do it
    8baa202306b6273679f17a1de1074836.jpg style..

It still screws in but just keeps screwing in forever and ever and doesn't really bite properly anymore but at the same time still holds fine, would retapping the hole at the same size work or will I have to go slightly larger? I'll have to beg /borrow/ steal a tap and die set as I can't see myself spending 80 euro on it for the hopefully little use I'll have for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Where are you located?

Ah im up to dublin 5 days a week. Blanch or liffey valley area would be handy i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

quick question here split from the moped advise thread not wanting to hijack his OP.

one query here i only have the AM licence too ,

does that mean i restricted to automatics?

i tried to insure a 50cc manual suzuki and the insurance co said they could not cover me on it as its not an auto box?

is this a common occourance and am i legally stuck with auto 50ccs despite me having the full AM for over 15yrs almost..

thanks in advance guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

AM is for mopeds, not sure what their definition is but they might say that if it has manual gears its a light motorcycle rather than a moped

im getting that info from here https://www.ndls.ie/images/Documents/DrivingLicence/Full%20Licence%20Application%20Guidance%20Notes.pdf

" AM Mopeds. 16
    Light quadricycles"

you should ring the NDLS centre and see what their take is on it, would be annoying to get caught out on something like that, anything 50cc with the speed restriction should really fall under AM in my opinion.. which does bring up a good point, maybe your specific bike would be capable of doing more than 45km/h or whatever the limit is? That could be it too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Great spin today. Roads around Wicklow, Kildare and Meath fairly quiet. Enjoyed it even in the rain. Good to get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

AM is for mopeds, not sure what their definition is but they might say that if it has manual gears its a light motorcycle rather than a moped

im getting that info from here https://www.ndls.ie/images/Documents/DrivingLicence/Full%20Licence%20Application%20Guidance%20Notes.pdf

" AM Mopeds. 16
    Light quadricycles"

you should ring the NDLS centre and see what their take is on it, would be annoying to get caught out on something like that, anything 50cc with the speed restriction should really fall under AM in my opinion.. which does bring up a good point, maybe your specific bike would be capable of doing more than 45km/h or whatever the limit is? That could be it too..

thanks for the speedy reply i must ring ndls after the weekend and get the lowdown..

i would hopefully be legal on restricked sub 50cc manuals with as auto cvt boxes ruin the fun a lot imho

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    quick question here split from the moped advise thread not wanting to hijack his OP.

one query here i only have the AM licence too ,

does that mean i restricted to automatics?

i tried to insure a 50cc manual suzuki and the insurance co said they could not cover me on it as its not an auto box?

is this a common occourance and am i legally stuck with auto 50ccs despite me having the full AM for over 15yrs almost..

thanks in advance guys

Does am not stand for automatic moped or automatic? I thought that's what it stands for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

Has anybody got any recommendations for a good usb socket that I can wire up to the bike.
    Thinking about getting something so I can charge the phone if I'm out on a long spin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

jvan wrote: »
    Has anybody got any recommendations for a good usb socket that I can wire up to the bike.
    Thinking about getting something so I can charge the phone if I'm out on a long spin.

I just use cigarette type sockets.
    Had a usb once and it was draining the battery when nothing was plugged into it.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282166352028

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

blade1 wrote: »
    I just use cigarette type sockets.
    Had a usb once and it was draining the battery when nothing was plugged into it.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282166352028

Dont wire it to the battery ever.

Should be off ignition activated source or a relay.

I've a usb one and it's connected to a relay so only comes on when the bike is running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Want my sockets permanently live.
    Handy for plugging in trickle charger.

blade1 wrote: »
    Want my sockets permanently live.
    Handy for plugging in trickle charger.

I have a mini-DIN (ciggy socket but smaller, with waterproof cover) for that. No electronics involved and goes straight to the battery through a fuse

Problem with a USB socket is that the voltage regulator inside it draws some power even when nothing is plugged in.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Fuel spill on East Wall Road. Take care

https://twitter.com/aaroadwatch/status/854725960607961089

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

What's wrong with people when you advertise stuff for free...what are the measurements,?....is it damaged..?...can I collect it next week....FPS...it's free.....:mad:

Would not be caught dead looking at "Free" items you absolute peasant...

• Advertisement

http://roadracingnews.co.uk/2017-irish-road-racing-season-to-begin-at-the-tandragee-100/

Looking forward to the NW200 to see McPint and Martin on the track.....deffo an over nighter!!!

Advertisement