Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

And its a Ducati.........:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    And its a Ducati.........:eek::eek:

I like the Triumph one...

Yeah, the Ducati Triumphs are the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I did a few hours of motorway earlier in the week I need warm stuff, had my left hand down on the front cylinder most of the way

but does this sound wrong, I fuelled up from the light just coming on at coonagh tesco 15 euro, and then on the motorway just before exiting for punchestown fuel light came on again, brimmed again on the way home 15.50 euro and then the fuel light came on as I was on the motorway before the limerick tunnel..

that's like 150kms between fuel light coming on.. could have sworn when I was doing the wild atlantic way stuff last year I was getting around 230kms maybe more

I was talking to someone who had a carbed cbr 600f there and he was seeing way higher distance to a tank on the same journey

sound normal?

Seems a tad thirsty alright where you giving it the beans on the motorway or taking it easy??

• Advertisement

120ish indicated and overtaking a bit faster than that every now and again but the roads were clear and I was definitely taking it easy

suppose I'll just keep an eye I might start keeping receipts and work out mpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Any suggestions on where to get a carb balancer/sync tool.

Lots of them on fleabay, but hard to tell if it's decent or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Morgan Carbtune is the only one worth having.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

I did a few hours of motorway earlier in the week I need warm stuff, had my left hand down on the front cylinder most of the way

but does this sound wrong, I fuelled up from the light just coming on at coonagh tesco 15 euro, and then on the motorway just before exiting for punchestown fuel light came on again, brimmed again on the way home 15.50 euro and then the fuel light came on as I was on the motorway before the limerick tunnel..

that's like 150kms between fuel light coming on.. could have sworn when I was doing the wild atlantic way stuff last year I was getting around 230kms maybe more

I was talking to someone who had a carbed cbr 600f there and he was seeing way higher distance to a tank on the same journey

sound normal?

doesnt sound normal alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Where could I pick up some H4 Philips Extreme or Osram Night Racers in Dublin today .. Mine are gone and will most likely need the bike tonight?

• Advertisement

Halfords have them, not the cheapest but have them. Most motor factors do high end bulbs too.....try the nearest one to you.

If you can get the Bosch light bulbs better then the Osrams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Halfords have them, not the cheapest but have them. Most motor factors do high end bulbs too.....try the nearest one to you.

Cheers, I'll try the Bosch if they have them.

Make sure you know the bulb types....H4, H7 etc.....some bikes have one of each some have two the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

There's an eyelash tear on the saddle, I know someone said before there was a chap in Poppintree that recovers seats, any recommendations / advise? I've resaddled myself before but it certainly was not a pro job (having read what I just wrote, I'm sure there's snickering at the back :) )
    Was there a guy in Greenogue? Could you just leave it in to a guy that upholsterers furniture?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thank you.

My son is doing his rider's test tomorrow and needed a new vest with an L plate.

He found one free online today (in Dublin). It belonged to another biker who had got it as a 'hand me down' from another biker. The lad passed his test and passed long the vest free for luck to my son.

So, if you're a user here ~ you have my thanks, I'll post up how he got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Best of luck to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

How did he go?

It's at 15:00 today

Brake lines crossed for him.....lol, hope its a pass. At least he got a good day for it.

Aaaaaand, its a pass :D

417535.jpg

Thanks lads, now to teach him to wheelie the thing :D

And this is where it started, he's about two years old here sitting on the tank of an army Kawasaki GT550 dispatch riders bike ~ I'm the cool kid riding it :cool:

417537.jpg

Now, I'm chuffed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

Aaaaaand, its a pass :D

Ah savage, well done that lad :cool:

Thanks lads, now to teach him to wheelie the thing :D

lol, and now the real lessons begin :pac:

Delighted good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Was thinking or ordering in a few spare bulbs just so im not caught out one day. My NC takes a H4 12v 60 55w. Are these for bikes http://www.ebay.ie/itm/GENUINE-BOSCH-H4-90-Bulbs-Pair-12V-60-55W-Brighter-White-Headlight-Upgrade-472-/222440659806?hash=item33ca7f1b5e:g:mHoAAOSw32lYySEZ

Also any recommendations for a site to buy from? Im in no hurry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Jaysis, what a day for it. Went for a spin out around Malahide, bloody lovely evening out.

Enjoy and stay safe :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

That's a great post Makker! Fair play to him, well done. He needs to pass on that lucky vest now.

Was thinking or ordering in a few spare bulbs....

EBay is where I always get mine, look for the twin packs and sort by cheapest, never had a problem with any sellers. Any standard H4 bulb will be fine for your bike. Osram, Philips and Bosch are all good. Tried them all and never noticed a major difference, they all blew eventually in the vfr.

Was thinking or ordering in a few spare bulbs just so im not caught out one day. My NC takes a H4 12v 60 55w. Are these for bikes http://www.ebay.ie/itm/GENUINE-BOSCH-H4-90-Bulbs-Pair-12V-60-55W-Brighter-White-Headlight-Upgrade-472-/222440659806?hash=item33ca7f1b5e:g:mHoAAOSw32lYySEZ

The ones I got where in a black and dark blue box, I know halfords have them and also Micksgarage.com do a good deal of bulbs.

Id say they are the same price more or less all over.

zubair wrote: »
    That's a great post Makker! Fair play to him, well done. He needs to pass on that lucky vest now.

Anyone need a very lucky L vest for a test?.. Preferably Dublin (although I'm in Newbridge & The Curragh at least twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

Anyone need a very lucky L vest for a test?.. Preferably Dublin (although I'm in Newbridge & The Curragh at least twice a week.

Well done to your lad! I'm sure you're very proud :)

The testers gave me a N vest after I passed last month and I offered the L vest to them :pac:

"Eh sorry you'll need to keep wearing it until you apply for your license"

Thinking to my self "I didn't even wear it on the way here this morning, there's no way I'm wearing it now" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Aldi and Lidl do cheap bulb sets every now and again.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

Nice spin cratloe, six mile bridge, drum line, clarecastle, kilmhil, quilty, then n67 all the way up past fanore and had coffee and something to eat in bally Vaughan and spending the night in Galway tonight.

Any good routes for connemara

Advertisement