Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'm coming around a bend and in the distance it is going down to a 50 zone with houses, I see a ball shoot out onto the road and a little fella maybe no more than 6 years old almost run out to get it but sees / hears me and freaks out and he sprints back into his drive. I continue on and stop by the ball, a car is coming in the other direction but it's blocking their path so they stop, I moved over closer to it, fix myself up against it to kick it towards their drive; I give it the kind of kick you give a ball when you're sitting on a motorbike (barely moved) the woman in the other car drives forward at the same time as my miserable kick and drives into the fooking ball. felt so bad for the little kid, I just put my head into my hands and when I look up the woman has her window down asking oh no did she pop it, I tell her to reverse and the ball is half deflated. daughter in the back and someone in the front passenger seat bursting their holes laughing. I look over and the little guy is just shocked with granny or someone there in the background wondering wtf has happened. I just told the woman all I know is I'm going and I disappear into the distance.

the ball would have been fine had I not stopped to try return it but really I had all the best intentions in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

i'D say you're more goalie than striker :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

i'D say you're more goalie than striker :pac:

Lol!

What-if-i-told-you-i-dont-actually-LOL-Meme.jpg?resize=400%2C400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

There really is idiots out there

https://gfycat.com/WastefulSaltyDragon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah he is an idiot. He should have moved!!!!!

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Cienciano wrote: »
    There really is idiots out there

https://gfycat.com/WastefulSaltyDragon

The poor bike. OK though as it was run over by a Toyota so they have money he will get it sorted.

The poor bike. OK though as it was run over by a Toyota so they have money he will get it sorted.

Yeah cause a Toyota is definitely the choice of weapon for the wealthy driver...

Yeah cause a Toyota is definitely the choice of weapon for the wealthy driver...

Well its new isn't it and most that buy them have loads stashed under the mattress.

Look its a bit of tongue in cheek....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The car in front, reversing rapidly, is a Toyota :p

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Quick one for you lecky heads. I have a procharger which came with this connection https://www.louis.ie/artikel/procharger-ring-terminal-not-for-procharger-xxl/10003835

What is this type connection called as I want to buy a weather proof connection. I have checked on the louis.de site and there doesnt seem to be one. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

tamiya connector I reckon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Common enough connector at Maplin.

Anyone know good place to get a battery to fit a Yamaha FZR 250 1995 model it has the newer rear and front.

Also need new fairings for it as they are done.

Its a smashing bike would love to get it back looking good.

Its mainly black, with purple wheels and did have deadly decals but they were beyond saving last repair I got done.
    I got a second hand engine fitted as other one seized and the guy that done the job ruined the immaculate tank that was on it. He put a dented one on which I was pissed about.

I would love to get it back on the road as soon as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

sick of ****e weather...was hoping to get out tomorrow but looks like lots of rain again and Monday looks awful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Started the IBT today, first day on a bike in 10 years and it was an absolute joy.

Spent the day driving a Yamaha XJ6 and it was bloody fantastic, I was looking at buying one anyway, but getting the chance to spend a full day on it was great.

Did the drive from Cork to Gougane Barra, then up to north Cork afterwards. Can't wait to get the money together to get the bike bought.

Think I've talked myself out of spending the money on suspension on the sv.... agreed a day to go look at the forks but it fell through on the sellers side last week.. so still an option to go through with it or not. At the end of the day I think I'd rather not spend the 600 euro+ needed to sort the suspension on the SV

emailed maxton and a service and revalve / respring to my weight is 145 sterling +vat, then +120(+vat) if I want road caps with preload adjustment + shipping there and back

price of forks 350 + the above = way too much money to spend on a 35kw restricted road only sv650..?

considering this months spending on the bike; tax & insurance due, chain and sprockets, new caliper seals (75 fooking quid) etc to go with the braided steel HEL lines I already have, plus the fact I'm spending 10 euro basically every day on petrol for it...

and then if I do the suspension at the front I'll have to do the rear, another couple of hundred..

I could just throw the forks on straight from the mini twin which are set up for someone completely different and cut pvc for spacers? But even without that 350 euro for those forks I'm still looking at a fairly spicy month of spending on the bike ahead of me

anyone else's thoughts on it? Just don't really want to end up with a 2000 euro bike that I've spent another 2 grand on extras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

anyone else's thoughts on it? Just don't really want to end up with a 2000 euro bike that I've spent another 2 grand on extras.

You should easily get 2k for her and if ya have another 2 available maybe change? 4K is a decent deposit for an 899 ;)

cadete wrote: »
    You should easily get 2k for her and if ya have another 2 available maybe change? 4K is a decent deposit for an 899 ;)

still have another 15 months or something on the restricted A2 license is the only thing so really can't see myself even looking at replacing it till after then. Would the upgrades be worth it when I have another year on this bike.. now that's the question I suppose

How long has the existing fork oil been in the bike? Just changing it (and maybe going up a grade as well) could be enough of an improvement to keep you going until you trade up

Scrap the cap!

I haven't ever changed it so no idea, I should probably do that first

• Advertisement

Lads, is it just me or do the Motorcycle restrictions for the test make very little bloody sense?

I'm looking at a tourer or cruiser as more traditional racer styles were never my thing, and I plan on doing some long distance drive.

Had a gander at this Honda Deauville nt650 which looks very good for the price, and decided to check out the RSA site, to find it's catagory A2 if Restricted in the test.

Meanwhile a Honda CB600F Hornet is category A.

How does that make sense, or have I totally missed something here?

Here's the RSA list. http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Motorcyclists/Driving-Test-Vehicles---Motorcycles/

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

It goes on output of the engine, not simply cc of the engine. Makes sense.

micknail wrote: »
    It goes on output of the engine, not simply cc of the engine. Makes sense.

Aye, ironically after posting this I found a very good TLDR that cleared it all up a bit.

Still seems a bit daft, seems I'm kind of pushed toward a bike I won't enjoy as much.

What's the problem? If you're 24 you can get category A with no bike experience at all, if you're 21 or over you can take an A2 test and after two years upgrade to A by taking a module 5 IBT.

When I started, learners were restricted to 125cc unless they were over 25. There are lots of decent bikes in category A2 which are a lot better than being stuck on a 125.

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Anyone going to Skerries tomorrow? I'm heading with a mate, never been before. I'm bringing a camera so want to try to get a few good shots, any advice on best places to watch from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭noelf

I liked the look of this Yamaha .. what model is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

noelf wrote: »

XSR900

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

blade1 wrote: »
    XSR900

Lovely lookin bike.
    Serious lack of stupid plastic.
    Nice retro paint job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

noelf wrote: »

Anything in those Yamaha racing colours look cool.

• Advertisement

Made the plunge tonight and picked up my new bike after test driving about 20 different bikes over the last few weeks.

Honda Deauville 650, drives so smoothly and handles like a dream. I know it's often called the Dullville, but I bloody well love this bike.

Advertisement