Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goodlad wrote: »
    Thats my Sv sold. Time to get shopping!

Anything in mind??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I'm looking at a 2010 vstrom 1000. Its the Gt model so has full luggage and factory fitted heated grips. 14000km on it. It's 8k
    Also priced up a set of two brothers exhausts for it which would be about 800 euro.

Still looking though, nothing else has caught my eye yet.

I'm looking at a 2010 vstrom 1000. Its the Gt model so has full luggage and factory fitted heated grips. 14000km on it. It's 8k
    Also priced up a set of two brothers exhausts for it which would be about 800 euro.

Still looking though, nothing else has caught my eye yet.

You don't sound too blown away with the V-Strom?
    Whats stopping you from diving in and grabbing it?
    Is it that type of bike you want anyway?

blade1 wrote: »
    You don't sound too blown away with the V-Strom?
    Whats stopping you from diving in and grabbing it?
    Is it that type of bike you want anyway?

The V-Strom is actually perfect for what i want. If i had the 8k for it i would snap it up straight away. Its a cracking bike but really stretching the budget.

I preferably want to stick with a vtwin and want comfort so yeah, a Vstrom is the one for me really. Just gotta get the price down a bit on it but i dont think he will budge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

What happened with "I love it too much, I'll keep it and get a second one instead!"? :)

• Advertisement

The V-Strom is actually perfect for what i want. If i had the 8k for it i would snap it up straight away. Its a cracking bike but really stretching the budget.

I preferably want to stick with a vtwin and want comfort so yeah, a Vstrom is the one for me really. Just gotta get the price down a bit on it but i dont think he will budge.
    Ah right! it would be a good all rounder alright.
    Is it a private sale?

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    What happened with "I love it too much, I'll keep it and get a second one instead!"? :)

Common sense happened, haha

blade1 wrote: »
    Ah right! it would be a good all rounder alright.
    Is it a private sale?

Its a trade sale with my local place. When I'm standing there with cash in hand I will see if the price can come down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

GS 1200 out of the question? Shaft drive is a big bonus, and you'd have change in your pocket (well for one with a bit of mileage ;) )

GS 1200 out of the question? Shaft drive is a big bonus, and you'd have change in your pocket (well for one with a bit of mileage ;) )

Weird beak on them! And Suzuki copied it for the 2014 vstrom. Saps!

Ah i will see if i can get the price down on the strom. Checking funds this evening and i deffo can get 8k. It will be a straight cash sale so im hopefuly that i can get it lower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What about this:
    http://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/ktm-990-adventure-r/7177420
    Has luggage, just take some stickers off it :pac:

lol.... wtf is with the stickers! Ya would be out with a hairdryer removing them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cienciano wrote: »
    What about this:

The HACK of that! Worse looking bike eva' makes the V Strom look sexy as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

What about this:

i know the guy who is selling her - he is an KTM freak :) ... and yes it look ugly .... The storm looks much better indeed

Bikerguy wrote: »
    i know the guy who is selling her - he is an KTM freak :) ... and yes it look ugly .... The storm looks much better indeed

The 950 is even uglier! But the 990 is a great bike, if I took up touring again I'd get that if I couldn't afford the new Multistrada. Forget about the old multi, that's even uglier than the 950ktm

The 950 is even uglier! But the 990 is a great bike, if I took up touring again I'd get that if I couldn't afford the new Multistrada. Forget about the old multi, that's even uglier than the 950ktm

its a great bike... i cant disagree on that.. but talking about look .. its ugly :eek:

Here's proof that a ducati hypermotard is a fanny magnet:

Thats my Sv sold. Time to get shopping!

There's a 06 V strom after popping up on donedeal!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Got the rear PR4 fitted yesterday and decided to scrub it in, left 1pm got home at 9pm! Mixture of heavy/Light rain and dry riding both the front and rear held really well. Seriously impressed with them, you can push as hard in wet as you would in the dry. Well happy with the set!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Got the rear PR4 fitted yesterday and decided to scrub it in, left 1pm got home at 9pm! Mixture of heavy/Light rain and dry riding both the front and rear held really well. Seriously impressed with them, you can push as hard in wet as you would in the dry. Well happy with the set!

Mind me asking how much it set you back for both tyres and fitting Blu?

• Advertisement

I love the pirelli angels st... cant wait to get hands o the new gt version. The best i had so far.

Mind me asking how much it set you back for both tyres and fitting Blu?
    I got it at cost mate as I look after their IT occasionally and don't charge them. But you are looking at 300+ (probably around 320-330) for a set at retail.

EDIT: its pissing out of it here and I can't wait to finish work to go out for a spin LOL

I just bought a 2010 Vstrom 1000. Collecting it tomorrow :D

Nice one dude, delighted for you. I bet your mrs. is delighted to, now that she doesn't have to listen you moan about being bikeless! :pac:

Make sure to get pics up ASAP!;)

Nice one dude, delighted for you. I bet your mrs. is delighted to, now that she doesn't have to listen you moan about being bikeless! :pac:

Make sure to get pics up ASAP!;)

Ah dude i was only bikeless for a few hours and it felt horrible!!! I wont be able to sleep tonight knowing im collecting the bike tomorrow. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve!

Ah dude i was only bikeless for a few hours and it felt horrible!!! I wont be able to sleep tonight knowing im collecting the bike tomorrow. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve!
    I was bikeless for 5 days , the mrs. kicked me out of the house after day 2 :o

I was bikeless for 5 days , the mrs. kicked me out of the house after day 2 :o

haha! I'm not surprised man. I had Vicky's head melt after a few hours.

Great, it's not a real bike unless it's at least a litre twin. Anything more than 2 cylinder isn't a proper bike :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Great, it's not a real bike unless it's at least a litre twin. Anything more than 2 cylinder isn't a proper bike :cool:

....it mightn't be a litre twin, but I'm off to hug my 865 Bonnie :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

from

the-revlimiter-is-my-traction-control-department :

Advertisement