Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Ireland isn't alone in not requiring an annual test for motorcycles.
    Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal don't require one either.

I don't think they are necessary or warranted in this instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,373 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

All that crap about VRT being illegal is... crap.

We're not the only EU country with a registration tax. It's low for bikes. Get over it.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

goodlad wrote: »
    Did you see the review of that? Haha...

Ha ha lol. Mines hardened I guess that ones not

The trick with those is to make sure you take all the play out of the driver before you strike it with the hammer, if you don't turn it in the direction you want the fastener to move then the bit can spin in the head and damage the fastener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

All that crap about VRT being illegal is... crap.

We're not the only EU country with a registration tax. It's low for bikes. Get over it.

I never said we were to only country enforcing VRT, and if its not illegal why are we paying fines for the practise.

Sorry just read your last instruction, I AM OVER IT! PHEW just a phase I was going through....

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bit of a bitchfest going on with del boy and a few others about Evans waterless coolant!

Interesting, I liked looking at Del Boys videos TBH....cant see any with him on the warpath online at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I didn't watch all of that but is the gist of it, delboy deletes comments that make him look bad?

Yeah looks like it, just people that agree with him 100% are left up on his channel.

Looks like he is pushing tools and service gear on his channel and some of the items are not up to scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

He seems to just be ignoring and deleting comments and he's taken down the original videos where he goes on about expansion tanks. It never seemed to make sense to me that your expansion tank would piss coolant out onto the ground, but there you are.

• Advertisement

Shame really, its not just one youtuber that's calling him out there are 3-4 so its not just a random clash of personalities. Childish way of going on TBH, nobodys perfect so what if he made a mistake just own up and say "my bad".

Turning into a bit of a "wizard of oz" scenario now....pay no attention to the man behind the curtain delboy he doesnt know what he is talking about.

Alot of normal folk also saying he deletes any kind of negative or disagreeing content on his channel....so either agree or piss off mentality.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    if its not illegal why are we paying fines for the practise.

where did you hear that?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

where did you hear that?

Some guy in a pub in Donegal maybe.

Not your ornery onager

Ouch!!
    Bye Bye Engine!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Lads im nearly sure I asked this before but I cant find the post.

I lost a ''spacer'' off my rear hugger. It just keeps the mud guard up off the tyre. Are these called spacers? where can I get a replacement?

1r28p4.jpg

What bike is that RT, blackbird??????
    Have a look on fowler's...
    https://ie.fowlersparts.co.uk/

blade1 wrote: »
    What bike is that RT, blackbird??????
    Have a look on fowler's...
    https://ie.fowlersparts.co.uk/

No its the Ncx. Its a givi rear hugger.

Nearly sure its this one http://www.moto24.co.uk/givi-rear-hugger-with-chain-guard-honda-nc-750-integra-x-dx-2014.html

The parts are here but can they be got separate, I don't know.

Click on "fitting instructions"
    http://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/nc700x-12-14/mg1109-rear-hugger-detail

Hex spacers are commonly used in electrical and electronics. Try RS or Farnell.
    You may want to measure it up looks like 5 or 6mm female but not sure about the male end.
    http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/pcb-prototyping/pcb-spacers-pillars-supports/threaded-hex-spacers/

Thats the job. Hex spacers. Ill measure up the one i have and order a replacement. The orignal did break in the swingarm so ill have to remove that still.

• Advertisement

Thats the job. Hex spacers. Ill measure up the one i have and order a replacement. The orignal did break in the swingarm so ill have to remove that still.

Cobalt drills will make short work of pretty much any steel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Think my sv might be going today, feeling a bit sad, must say I've grown extremely attached to her, my first bike, and she never missed a beat,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

selling with all the mods or did you put it back to stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

selling with all the mods or did you put it back to stock

Went with all the mods, swapped for a 2016 ktm 390 duke, so will sell that on soon,

Got 4 litres of Castrol Power 1 Racing 10W40 fully synth for €39 in Halfords yesterday.

Price for individual litres was €16!!!

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

good price that

Handy little brake bleeder I ordered from the U.S.
    Various sizes available and free postage.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/332156428074

blade1 wrote: »
    Handy little brake bleeder I ordered from the U.S.
    Various sizes available and free postage.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/332156428074

Thats a nice tool, Motion pro make some good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭noelf

Went to Shuttleworth collection in Old Warden in England today plenty of bikers about .. these got my attention !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Great day out on Sunday for the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride. Good turnout - must have been at least 100 bikes at one point (few joined and dropped off at various points).

Going through the city, everyone we passed were smiling and taking photos. Kids waving etc. Was great! :D

Lot's more came over to chat and kids gawk at the bikes when we stopped in Dun Laoghaire too.

$4,476,348 raised globally so far this year for men's mental health & cancer research via The Movember Foundation.

If you check the foundation site, you'll see they've helped fund quite a number of projects in Ireland, along with the Irish Cancer Society and others. Nice to see folks turn out for such a good, worthy cause.

The motorcycle community can be such a great force for good when we unite & come together.

Advertisement