Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

Saw you all from the west pier! was great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Have 2 discount codes for louis.ie.
    One is for €30 when you spend €149 or more.
    The other is €70 when you spend €349.
    If anyone wants one of them pm me which one you want.
    Must be used by Oct 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

blade1 wrote: »
    Have 2 discount codes for louis.ie.
    One is for €30 when you spend €149 or more.
    The other is €70 when you spend €349.
    If anyone wants one of them pm me which one you want.
    Must be used by Oct 4th

https://cdn1.louis.de/content/newsletter/gutscheine/2017/brandparty_en.pdf

Can anyone spot a difference other than the price between this 2 wheel bearing sets?
    Seem to be the same but just want to double check in case I've not spotted something staring me in the face.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281842708340

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231962167471

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

look identical to me

• Advertisement

look identical to me

That's what I think as well.
    Same seller so why the difference in price?

blade1 wrote: »
    That's what I think as well.
    Same seller so why the difference in price?

Different sellers look their eBay names are different and ever so slightly different address at the bottom

They could be drop shipping and the price on the cheaper is their cost price or else the more expensive has had their cost accidentally added twice

Drop shipping is where they order from a supplier and never handle the goods and it can be very automated so mistakes like that can happen

That's my best guess anyway at what it could be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,379 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Apparently a Garda rider is in a serious condition after colliding with a wire rope barrier

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/garda-seriously-injured-after-patrol-11291803

Hope they make a full recovery.

These damn things should be banned (As other EU countries have done) and all existing ones removed asap. MAG Ireland have been campaigning against these from before they were introduced here, it's not as if the powers that be didn't know they were lethal for motorcyclists, they just didn't care.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Apparently a Garda rider is in a serious condition after colliding with a wire rope barrier

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/garda-seriously-injured-after-patrol-11291803

Hope they make a full recovery.

These damn things should be banned (As other EU countries have done) and all existing ones removed asap. MAG Ireland have been campaigning against these from before they were introduced here, it's not as if the powers that be didn't know they were lethal for motorcyclists, they just didn't care.

This should be a priority for the RSA, the clue is in their name.
    Cheese slicers are just not on in this day and age.
    Hope the Garda makes a good recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Anyone worried about the coming breezy monday?

• Advertisement

I wouldn't ride a bike on Monday. then again I'll be sitting at home putting the finishing touches to battening down the hatches. Had a **** time in 2014 with that other storm we had and this is to be worse

I won't be on a bike monday, in fact I am worried about taking the 1500kg lump that is my other Honda.
    I just need to get a couple of jerry cans of petrol for the generator and chainsaws, everything else is battened down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'll be taking the bike on Monday, partially because I have little choice when it comes to public transport.

The plus side is that I have two routes to work, the dual carriageway which gets me to work in 15 minutes, but is obviously far more exposed and dangerous.

Or I can take the city route which is well covered, take about 40 minutes with morning traffic but much safer given the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Just how bad is to supposed to get ? Will people be bringing their bikes inside overnight ?

sonics2k are you in cork like your location under your name suggests? and this is the first 4 or so months of you ever owning a bike?

i'd call in sick if I was you. not worth it.

sonics2k are you in cork like your location under your name suggests? and this is the first 4 or so months of you ever owning a bike?

i'd call in sick if I was you. not worth it.

Back on the bike for 4 months, but was riding for 4 years or so before that.

To be honest I'm going to play it by ear after thinking about it. Usually I wouldn't be that bothered by a storm, but after seeing that schools and public transport will largely be down tomorrow, I may leave it off.

there's a safety document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bUn0p0HMjRGc2_J5nRjQVo6jOhlxYN7qt8yTKqT0VTU/edit
    Very strong winds are predicted making driving conditions hazardous, especially for the more vulnerable road users, e.g., cyclists, pedestrian’s, motorcyclist and high sided vehicles. Road users should pay particular attention to the risk posed by fallen trees and flying debris.
    · Given anticipated weather conditions, tomorrow should be a no bike day.

(I didn't mean anything by the 4 months thing just that it would be easy for someone without a lot of time on bikes to think they'll be grand)

Ill chance it on the bike myself. Midlands to Dublin around 6am. I believe its the afternoon when the storm will be worse.

there's a safety document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bUn0p0HMjRGc2_J5nRjQVo6jOhlxYN7qt8yTKqT0VTU/edit

(I didn't mean anything by the 4 months thing just that it would be easy for someone without a lot of time on bikes to think they'll be grand)

No no, you're spot on with the warning frozen. Sure only recently I commented on how one of the biggest killers of bikers is arrogance and ignorance.

Going to work tomorrow is very much based on safety only. If the weather is bad in the morning then I won't risk it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,379 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'm taking the day off and won't be leaving the house if at all possible!

We're actually hoping the kids' school will text us saying it won't open. It's only a ten minute walk away but it looks like the worst of the storm will be right at the time they finish up for the day.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

beno619 wrote: »
    Just how bad is to supposed to get ? Will people be bringing their bikes inside overnight ?

Bring the bike in Put the partner out. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,130 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Riva10 wrote: »
    Bring the bike in Put the partner out. :D

My wife said to me "if you're so concerned about the motorbike falling over, why don't you just lay it on the ground now?".

Yeah, eh, no!

Giving the latest update that all schools are closed i shall be taking the car instead.

Herself has just informed me her office is closed tomorrow, which she found out about at midday today.

So all my planning and worrying was a waste because I can take the car in to work.

The downside is that I now have no excuse to not go to work.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Herself has just informed me her office is closed tomorrow, which she found out about at midday today.

So all my planning and worrying was a waste because I can take the car in to work.

The downside is that I now have no excuse to not go to work.

I don't have to drive either, my workplace is closed tomorrow.
    I'm glad to be honest, the forecast is getting worse IMHO.

Be safe everyone, Avoid or limit your time spent outside and watch for flying debris and high sided vehicles.

Messing around before the storm with my camera and a work led light.
    Long exposure fireblade

Night%20Light%20Fireblade%20%281%20of%201%29.jpg?dl=0

The *link* wont work! Anyone know why? or am I doing something wrong?
    Below is link to pic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmf5bymfii2u2de/Night%20Light%20Fireblade%20%281%20of%201%29.jpg?dl=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,130 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

There you go. It's massive but sure why not.

Night_Light_Fireblade_1_of_1_preview.jpg

Thanks for that, :) Could you tell me what I was doing wrong or what I need to do to post directly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

You need to upload the photo first to a website. I use imgur.com as it's free. Upload the photo to the website, then copy the link, and insert it in the IMG brackets.

Alternatively, you can attach the photos to the post by uploading them. They'll appear as a little attachment on the bottom. Click onto the attachment, and you will get a web address of the photo, and copy that into the IMG brackets so the photo will be loaded onto the post.

Hope that makes sense. It's far more difficult than it should be.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

431243.jpg

I'm going to splash out of a new set of forks for Christmas :D

Advertisement