Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So I know they're not to everyone's taste here, but Honda just announced their new Goldwing.

I know when I was younger I always thought this was an amazing bike, and I've had the absolute joy of riding one in France over 10 years ago and it was amazing fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Hossack front end now, interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Hossack front end now, interesting.

Is the BMW Teleleaver a variation of the Hossack front end ?

D3V!L wrote: »
    Is the BMW Teleleaver a variation of the Hossack front end ?

Yes it is.
    Edit:My mistake , not Telelever Duolever

I think the bagger looks even better,
    2018-Honda-Gold-Wing-10.jpg?resize=768%2C576&ssl=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I think the bagger looks even better,
    2018-Honda-Gold-Wing-10.jpg?resize=768%2C576&ssl=1

Yep. A nicer bike that I "could" see myself riding one day.

I'm trying to sow the seed of a Goldwing with the missus. Ooh it's smaller this year , they got rid of all those buttons etc...

I'll wait until the next model revison when we're both making that "aahh" noise when we get off the couch before I bring it up again.

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'm trying to sow the seed of a Goldwing with the missus. Ooh it's smaller this year , they got rid of all those buttons etc...

I'll wait until the next model revison when we're both making that "aahh" noise when we get off the couch before I bring it up again.

Herself isn't a big fan of bikes really, but she's rather taken by the nice big touring bikes like your Pan Europeans, BMW K1600's, but she's not settled on the "Hey this is a great way to commute to work too" thing.

May end up going down the route of asking forgiveness over permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

The non-touring version and the new K1600B look essentially the same if you squint your eyes.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    The non-touring version and the new K1600B look essentially the same if you squint your eyes.

Yeah they're strangely similar

• Advertisement

All baggers look similar, it goes with the style and there is only so many ways you can cut down a big tourer before they look similar.
    Big gallery here, might get your juices flowing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The new Goldwing has something about the looks that I like. But I couldn't ever own one. Even if they just changed the name, there's a mental block in my head when it comes to a bike named "Goldwing". I just couldn't do it.

Also, I don't care what anyone says, a stereo with speakers shouldn't be on a motorcycle.

I have an open mind, They could call it fluffy bunnikins and I wouldn't give a monkeys if the bike is good.
    You have to admit that they are an amazing piece of engineering though and have been the industry standard for that class of bike for a long time.
    Regarding stereo's I wouldn't be a fan myself but given where they are mostly sold then I can understand why they are fitted, each to their own and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

:eek:
    applecarplay_2880x1388.0.jpg

Sonics2k wrote: »
    So I know they're not to everyone's taste here, but Honda just announced their new Goldwing.

I know when I was younger I always thought this was an amazing bike, and I've had the absolute joy of riding one in France over 10 years ago and it was amazing fun.

Thats class, id love one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

If i won the lotto i'd buy one and go to a Wing rally....

....Cut it to bits with an angle-grinder , set it alight and pi$$ on it......:p

Buy a car.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I had a test ride of this thing yesterday -

37284590584_d8ff4c18d5.jpg

Indian Scout Bobber. Man it's some bike. The saddle seat is like sitting on a rock. The suspension travels as far as you could lift this bike. :eek: Not comfortable around potholes or speed ramps .... but .... get it on some decent road and it's a beast. So powerful. The riding position felt very comfortable, even for such a low bike with front pegs. I was smiling most of the time, except when I hit a pothole.

Thanks to the guys in Franklin Motorcycles for allowing me to test the bike.

Would I buy one?? I am still conflicted. If I could get a more comfortable seat and a bit more give in the suspension, then I would certainly consider it. I'd also change/shorten those exhausts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Paulw wrote: »
    I had a test ride of this thing yesterday -

37284590584_d8ff4c18d5.jpg

Indian Scout Bobber. Man it's some bike. The saddle seat is like sitting on a rock. The suspension travels as far as you could lift this bike. :eek: Not comfortable around potholes or speed ramps .... but .... get it on some decent road and it's a beast. So powerful. The riding position felt very comfortable, even for such a low bike with front pegs. I was smiling most of the time, except when I hit a pothole.

Thanks to the guys in Franklin Motorcycles for allowing me to test the bike.

Would I buy one?? I am still conflicted. If I could get a more comfortable seat and a bit more give in the suspension, then I would certainly consider it. I'd also change/shorten those exhausts.

Looks mean.engine looks gorgeous.pipes are yuk,... but thats emissions for ya, real bobbers dont have suspension, hence the name....watch for pot holes..:p

Looks mean.engine looks gorgeous.pipes are yuk,... but thats emissions for ya, real bobbers dont have suspension, hence the name....watch for pot holes..:p

I'd immediately replace the pipes with these -
    https://products.vanceandhines.com/store/indian/18654/

I still value a bit of comfort. My ass couldn't last more than 45 min on the bike without a better seat or a bit more suspension. :mad: Would love it as a city commute bike, but damn speed ramps everywhere would kill me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The engine looks beautiful, the rest looks like a scutterbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

And you can say goodbye to servicing that "YOKE" so you be paying through the nose for servicing too.

Would still love to tour Ireland or Europe on one and give it back....lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,379 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Paulw wrote: »
    So powerful.

Only 100hp and no doubt weighs a ton, should have plenty of low down torque though.

Scrap the cap!

Only 100hp and no doubt weighs a ton, should have plenty of low down torque though.

Plenty of torques makes for a good riding experience though, compared to a screaming I4 a grunty V-twin is fun.

Didn't weigh as much as I expected, but yeah, had lots of torque. Easy to lay down the power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Was anyone from here up in Crossans on Friday evening picking up a new helmet?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

Had a great spin up to the Sally gap last weekend. never been before. Great spot.

T70ZPKK

https://imgur.com/T70ZPKK

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=433727&d=1510943579

Not much to go on, but here it goes.

The Deauville seems a bit 'low'. As I was riding home today I genuinely thought I'd gotten a flat, but after stopping off at a garage and checking the air pressure they both seemed absolutely fine.

It's an odd one to explain, but the bike felt grand this morning, even if I felt a bit lower down than usual. I feel like my legs are a bit more bent when sitting down on the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Are you wearing different socks or shoes or are you wearing more layers now and are you sitting as far forward in the seat as you usually would, just to rule out non-mechanical reasons you'd feel that way

have a look at your rear shock and the linkage below it for any stones etc stuck or damage your preload adjuster could have moved a tooth or fallen off completely if it was rusted or something mad like that

Put your bike on the centre stand and feel for any play in your swingarm from left to right and any up or down movement that is coming from bushings

Are you wearing different socks or shoes or are you wearing more layers now and are you sitting as far forward in the seat as you usually would, just to rule out non-mechanical reasons you'd feel that way

All the same gear as before, boots, jeans and waterproof pants + leather jacket.
    have a look at your rear shock and the linkage below it for any stones etc stuck or damage your preload adjuster could have moved a tooth or fallen off completely if it was rusted or something mad like that

Put your bike on the centre stand and feel for any play in your swingarm from left to right and any up or down movement that is coming from bushings

Not entirely sure how to do it, but I'll have to wait until the weekend to do it given the lack of sunlight by the time I get half a chance to check it out.

Cheers though frozen.

• Advertisement

650 Deauvilles rear shock mount can fail if its corroded, have a look at it with a lamp, you wouldn't want it to collapse on the move.

Advertisement