Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

CJhaughey wrote: »
    650 Deauvilles rear shock mount can fail if its corroded, have a look at it with a lamp, you wouldn't want it to collapse on the move.

Legend, I'll check it out in a bit

Had a quick look under the frame there, can't see anything out of place. Shock looks to be normal and no real signs of corrosion or damage underneath.

Got one of the lads who rides bikes (and has ridden mine) to have a sit on it and he says it feels about an inch/half an inch lower than before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Had a quick look under the frame there, can't see anything out of place. Shock looks to be normal and no real signs of corrosion or damage underneath.

Got one of the lads who rides bikes (and has ridden mine) to have a sit on it and he says it feels about an inch/half an inch lower than before.

Seat pan after cracking by any chance?
    Also, do you notice any difference when the bike is on the sidestand or when putting it on main or sidestand?

blade1 wrote: »
    Seat pan after cracking by any chance?
    Also, do you notice any difference when the bike is on the sidestand or when putting it on main or sidestand?

Haven't checked the seat. Honestly the bike just seems a bit more bouncy than before. Like if I sit on her and bounce a bit there's a lot more give.

No difference when looking at her on the centre or main stand. Spent my entire lunch having a look over it and can't see anything that's jumping out at me :mad:

Haven't checked the seat. Honestly the bike just seems a bit more bouncy than before. Like if I sit on her and bounce a bit there's a lot more give.

No difference when looking at her on the centre or main stand. Spent my entire lunch having a look over it and can't see anything that's jumping out at me :mad:
    When sitting on it and you put down the stand,is the stand feel any different to normal?
    If the bike is lower you probably should notice it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

if it's more bouncey now then it could be your rear shock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

if it's more bouncey now then it could be your rear shock

Yup, any oil on the rear shock?.. If its a new leak the oil will be light and clear, its only when it starts picking up grime and dust that it'll get dirty.

Hoping it's not the shock, but I'll see about getting the bike in to a mechanic on Saturday for look over.

I'm assuming this basically means I can't really drive until this is down, especially with the colder roads in Cork.

Hoping it's not the shock, but I'll see about getting the bike in to a mechanic on Saturday for look over.

I'm assuming this basically means I can't really drive until this is down, especially with the colder roads in Cork.

A blown shock wouldn't stop me tbh.

If you're buying look at Hagon
    .. They're a good place to start, and unless you're putting a bike on the track they're every bit as good as something which is going to cost double, triple or quadruple their price.

You might be able to have your shock rebuilt locally too, but unless you'd someone like NDM close by I'd go online.

Anyway, I've rode bikes with blown shocks. Probably not the wisest thing to do, but it wouldn't bother me.

Just got a quote for €350 from Ross Motorcycles if it is the shock that's gone. That's bloody heartbreaking stuff at this time of year.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,379 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

A blown shock won't cause the bike to ride lower, it'll just feel more bouncy over bumps.
    Ride height is set by the spring and preload adjuster.

Scrap the cap!

Just got a quote for €350 from Ross Motorcycles if it is the shock that's gone. That's bloody heartbreaking stuff at this time of year.

Why not just buy a used one and have them fit it

Why not just buy a used one and have them fit it

Checking that out too. Had a bit of a slip the other night on a patch of ice so off the bike for a few days (bike is physically fine as far as I can tell), getting it down Lee Honda today and they'll check it out.

Stuck in a bloody car for at least week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Hope you’re alright dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

P and T's secondhand parts in Raffeen might have what you need. They're online or give them a ring. But best to wait for the expert opinion.

As an update, got the bike back from the lads in Lee Honda, and according to them, well it appears it's all in my head.

Shock looked to be perfect, in fact mechanically everything looks perfect, with the exception of the exhaust which needs to be replaced eventually.

I had a bit of a close thing with a car about a week ago, so it looks like this may just be in my head after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My auld fellas Honda Cub 90 was nicked from outside the gaff last night in Limekiln/Greenhills. He had it anchored down but they cut the chain and broke off the lock through the back wheel and took off into Tymon Park on it. The Garda have already nabbed somebody - 1 possibly 2 lads - They wouldn't give too much info but they said they reckon its these lads. Other lad prob took off on the bike. There was no sign of it this morning when we went looking around to see if it was hidden to be collected this morning. If you see anybody flying around on one that looks like they might not own it knock the ***** off and give me a shout. Keep your stuff nailed down lads n ladies ... they'll take your anything and have no ****ing shame in doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Well it happened, knees down today!

P8IfD

cadete wrote: »
    Well it happened, knees down today!

P8IfD

hopefully not both knees at the same time :D

your picture didn't show up for me so here it is for anyone else

7Taoo69h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm full of Christmas cheer, just got some good news from BMW and my new bike is winging its way to Dublin, should be picking it up in the first week of January.

436224.jpg:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sweet, someone will get a bargain when you sell it in February.....:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sweet, someone will get a bargain when you sell it in February.....:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Ssssh you !! I told the missus I'm keeping this one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

D3V!L wrote: »
    Ssssh you !! I told the missus I'm keeping this one :pac:

What is it?

Cienciano wrote: »
    What is it?

BMW 1200GS Adventure Triple Black :D

D3V!L wrote: »
    BMW 1200GS Adventure Triple Black :D

Nice, great bike

No one can accuse me of mot making a huge effort in dressing up my bike for Christmas lol :p

436575.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,379 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If you had got two Ohlins stickers, you could've put one on the santa hat :p

Scrap the cap!

Höhöhöhlins

• Advertisement

Is it a weird optical illusion from the camera angle or is that Ohlins sticker crooked?

Advertisement