Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cienciano wrote: »
    Is it a weird optical illusion from the camera angle or is that Ohlins sticker crooked?

You're an awful bollox :p

Anyone any opinions of a BMW 1200 GS (not the adventure model) [year 2005]?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Would'nt recommend it. I know a few lads who had pr07/08 GSs and these gave lots of trouble. Final drives.
    , ring antennae and fuel pumps. Be wary

Riva10 wrote: »
    Would'nt recommend it. I know a few lads who had pr07/08 GSs and these gave lots of trouble. Final drives.
    , ring antennae and fuel pumps. Be wary

Yup, I'm being very cautious.

I had a BMW R1100s which gave me four years trouble free motoring, but then turned into the anti-Christ, stuck its fist up my anus and butt fcuked me half to death.

By the end I swore I'd never touch a BMW again, doesn't help that their main dealer in Finglas were, erm not great (I'll leave my rage at them at that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I had the 1150, I'd recommend one. I had it for a about 3 years, not a thing went wrong with mine. UKGSER forum is the best source of information. Mine had about 30k miles when I bought it, put up about the same over the 3 years commuting. More solid build than the 1200, but a bit heavier. I moved to a 1200 adv, the one thing I'd definitely change on the 1150 is a better screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Know a lad that told me the 1150 is a far better bike than the 1200.
    He said the thing to watch out for on the 1150 is the big end bearing.
    Although he got a replacement one from some crowd for around 1/3 of the price of a genuine one and fitted it himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

I have an 07 1200 ADV. Love it, had it from new. a few minor issues over the years but nothing major. As said above, UKGSer is the place to go for info, Great site and large Irish section.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend anyone buy a 04-06 1200GS, anyone I know with these year bikes have ended up pouring a small fortune into them.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't recommend anyone buy a 04-06 1200GS, anyone I know with these year bikes have ended up pouring a small fortune into them.

This particular one is having a new clutch, drive shaft & gearbox seals.

Do you know what problems they experienced?.

From reading online they suffered with final drive issues, this one is sorted. And fuel pump problems, which I had on the R1100s I had.

Tbh I'm pretty reluctant to go for it but I don't want to turn down an offer without giving it some consideration.

From reading online they suffered with final drive issues, this one is sorted. And fuel pump problems, which I had on the R1100s I had.

Tbh I'm pretty reluctant to go for it but I don't want to turn down an offer without giving it some consideration.

Anything in particular you don't like about the Z Mak?

blade1 wrote: »
    Anything in particular you don't like about the Z Mak?

Practicality really. There is absolutely no storage.

I'm VERY reluctant to move it on. It really excites me, I love it. I'll PM you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Practicality really. There is absolutely no storage.

I'm VERY reluctant to move it on. It really excites me, I love it. I'll PM you.

Is it a Z1000? I was about to buy one a few years ago because an amazingly good deal came up on one. I'd probably be dead now if I went with it :pac:

Cienciano wrote: »
    Is it a Z1000? I was about to buy one a few years ago because an amazingly good deal came up on one. I'd probably be dead now if I went with it :pac:

With no rider aids like wheelie and traction control they're fooking fun lol.

I bloody love it. But temptation was put in my way, nothing I'm taking too seriously tbh.

If you get another amazingly good deal on a Zed jump at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Final drive is the big one.

A friend had an expensive issue with the alternator last year, but in fairness, that was a fairly high mileage 04 model.

The fuel pump problem is with a small electronic pump control unit, not a big deal if you carry a spare. 5 minutes to replace.

I've carried a spare ignition ring antenna and fuel pump control unit for years but have never needed them.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

F*CK sake lads!!!
    Ye couldn't leave him alone about the öhlins sticker!!
    Some bunch of bastards on here, driving a man to get rid of his bike! :pac:

blade1 wrote: »
    F*CK sake lads!!!
    Ye couldn't leave him alone about the öhlins sticker!!
    Some bunch of bastards on here, driving a man to get rid of his bike! :pac:

The shower of cold hearted, relentless bastards just wouldn't let up :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭Jeff2

So who is number 5 and 23.:)

It's like they never seen a motorbike before.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZEHlDJXFRc&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

lads casually doing push ups in the puddle at one stage there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

That's brilliant! :D:D

Jeff2 wrote: »
    So who is number 5 and 23.:)

It's like they never seen a motorbike before.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZEHlDJXFRc&feature=youtu.be

Photos from my own army dispatch riders course, 1986.. And can anyone guess the type of bike?.

[I'm the tall red haired lad, mostly grey now :( ]

436834.jpg

436835.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alfaromeo84

I thought Kawasaki GT first, but the saddle is wrong, a Honda CB of some sort?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

CBX?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

GBX wrote: »
    CBX?

Wha?

XS400 is my guess.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Wha?

XS400 is my guess.

On the money, the Yamaha XS400.

We actually don't our off road training on them too, with road tires (Dunlop TT100's) lol.

436834.jpg

That looks like the original line up of the legendary Purple Helmets! :pac:

My son is looking at a BMW F800 GS Trophy (2012), anyone any reviews or their own experience with one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Paulw has an f800 I think

Bored in work today and decided to record some video of my bike.. Its a bit shaky, I might try another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I went up to Joe Duffys and gave my new bike a good coat of looking over. Overall pleased :)

Just have to wait until the 2nd of Jan to collect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

My son is looking at a BMW F800 GS Trophy (2012), anyone any reviews or their own experience with one?

I've a 2015 F800 GS Adventure. I love it. Comfortable easy bike. Not massive power, but enough to do the job. Great with the panniers for carrying everything I want, and more. The bike isn't a WOW bike, but it's a workhorse. Good fuel economy and a good tank on it. A grand bike for doing distance on.

Not sure what the difference is between the Trophy and the Adventure, but probably just minor specs.

• Advertisement

D3V!L wrote: »
    I went up to Joe Duffys and gave my new bike a good coat of looking over. Overall pleased :)

Just have to wait until the 2nd of Jan to collect it.

Cool, then must have taken the dent out of the tank ~ those fooking kids climbing all over it, I wasn't impressed :D

Advertisement