Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Paulw wrote: »
    I've a 2015 F800 GS Adventure. I love it. Comfortable easy bike. Not massive power, but enough to do the job. Great with the panniers for carrying everything I want, and more. The bike isn't a WOW bike, but it's a workhorse. Good fuel economy and a good tank on it. A grand bike for doing distance on.

Not sure what the difference is between the Trophy and the Adventure, but probably just minor specs.

I think the model he's looking at is 2012, really nice with low mileage (13,000km).. He said it felt down on power to his ER6n, but I'd say that was gearing more than engine power.

But he really liked it, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

He said it felt down on power to his ER6n, but I'd say that was gearing more than engine power.

Yep, it would feel like it has less power than the ER6n. It's not a power bike, not a sporty bike at all. But, it'll keep going and is comfortable for hours in the saddle.

It's a solid bike that just does the job.

Cursing myself.

I'm normally anal about bike maintenance, well I've done a few charity runs this last two weeks. Normally getting home tired, cold and miserable.

One last week I got home famished, and frozen stiff. Parked the bike up, covered it and didn't look at it for a few days.. I've a tight spot on my chain now, I've cleaned and lubricated it a few times this last few days but its looking like a new chain next week, bollox.

If I had just one reason alone to return to BMW it would be the shaft drive.

I had the R1100S for four years, yes it broke my heart. But the last two bikes have had chain drives and its only after a few years of shaft drive bikes that you realize what a total pain in the arse chains are ~ even with a Scottoiler they're a pain compared to a shaft drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Anyone heard of Powerbronze Ireland?

http://www.powerbronzeireland.com/searchedproducts.aspx?maketext=HONDA&modeltext=NT650V%20DEAUVILLE&yeartext=00

Looking at grabbing a new, taller windscreen + mudguard extenders for the bike and the prices here seem decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Anyone heard of Powerbronze Ireland?

http://www.powerbronzeireland.com/searchedproducts.aspx?maketext=HONDA&modeltext=NT650V%20DEAUVILLE&yeartext=00

Looking at grabbing a new, taller windscreen + mudguard extenders for the bike and the prices here seem decent.

They may call themselves powerbronzeireland but they are UK outfit that have been making screens for ages.
    Look at their phone number +44 is UK.
    Probably part of their brexit strategy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭prunudo

Powerbronze, sounds like somewhere women would go before a wedding and come back like an ompha lumpa

Paulw wrote: »
    Yep, it would feel like it has less power than the ER6n. It's not a power bike, not a sporty bike at all. But, it'll keep going and is comfortable for hours in the saddle.

It's a solid bike that just does the job.

Well he bought it today, and got a brilliant trade in off his old bike from Joe Duffy's, Finglas.

In fairness to them, compared to the attitude I was met with a few years ago dealing with them this week has been an absolute pleasure.

Here's his bike, bought today but not getting picked up until next week.

437326.jpg

I took a spin on that and the new 1200gs, and tbh I was surprised that the F800GS Trophy was a nicer ride than the 1200GS.

I thought the 1200GS was gutless, but then I was getting off a Z1000 which is a hooligan and onto the 1200GS.. But my God was it comfortable, it was exceptionally comfortable. But I grew to like it, and half thinking about getting one now.

But the big surprise was that 800GS, I'd seriously consider one but I like a litre bike and I'm afraid I'd long to get back onto something with a little more umph. But, it did tickle my fancy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Holy fúck, a positive post about JD from Mak, has hell frozen over? :pac:

Cienciano wrote: »
    Holy fúck, a positive post about JD from Mak, has hell frozen over? :pac:

Yup, but I don't take back what I said of them a few years back.

There's been a hugely positive change up there, and I mentioned it to them more than once. Joking that I thought I'd never set foot in the place again.

If I could justify the cost I think I'd move on a 1200GS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Yup, but I don't take back what I said of them a few years back.

There's been a hugely positive change up there, and I mentioned it to them more than once. Joking that I thought I'd never set foot in the place again.

If I could justify the cost I think I'd move on a 1200GS.

I've noticed the quite obvious change myself. I'm not holding my breath though. Give me until Tuesday and I might change my mind .

• Advertisement

D3V!L wrote: »
    I've noticed the quite obvious change myself. I'm not holding my breath though. Give me until Tuesday and I might change my mind .

So good you had to say it twice :P

I took a 2014 GS out for a test. I like that its powerful enough to make me feel like I've some power without feeling like it whats to kill me like my Z1000 without rider aids does lol

But I loved the F800GS, delighted my son bought that one.

I'm trying to justify finance on a newer 1200GS, but since my Zed isn't costing me a penny its hard to make a case for changing.

I'd purely be changing on safety and practicality grounds (and admitting at 52 that I'm getting too old for hooligan behavior).

Best of luck with the new bike, she's a stunner.

New bike day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

congrats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,382 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pics or GTFO

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This one's a keeper I'd say! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Pics!

Cienciano wrote: »
    Pics!

I seen it in the flesh, its a thing of beauty. A beast of a bike.

blade1 wrote: »
    This one's a keeper I'd say! :pac:

Yeeeaah, a keeper ;)

Anywho, dying with whatever man flu is doing the rounds at the moment but still managed to collect the new GSA. So far so good, it was worth the 3 and a half month wait from ordering it. The 2018 model engine and gear box wise is nothing like the 2016 one, the gear box feels like a buttery smooth one from a sports bike and the new version of the electronic suspension is amazing.

I'll pop some pics of her up on the bike pics thread and for now here's a badly shot dark video :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Took advantage of the missus not needing the car over the Christmas. 3 weeks commuting without the bike. Felt great to get back on it today. Roll on the summer

Took advantage of the missus not needing the car over the Christmas. 3 weeks commuting without the bike. Felt great to get back on it today. Roll on the summer

Mods please perma-ban this fooker :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

anyone with an africa twin on the forum? Any thoughts? Thinking of buying one.

@makikomi - i wont tell you how long it has been since i commuted by bike!! :)

lennymc wrote: »
    anyone with an africa twin on the forum? Any thoughts? Thinking of buying one.

@makikomi - i wont tell you how long it has been since i commuted by bike!! :)

Tbh most of my commuting is done by bicycle. Yup, I'm one of those middled aged lycra clad men :D

Or I think the cool kids call us 'mamils' ~ Middle Aged Men in Lycra :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Tbh most of my commuting is done by bicycle. Yup, I'm one of those middled aged lycra clad men :D

Or I think the cool kids call us 'mamils' ~ Middle Aged Men in Lycra :D

Mods, please perma-ban this fooker :P

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Mods, please perma-ban this fooker :P

I'll pm you some lycra pix later, I've some nice camel toe one's too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I'll pm you some lycra pix later, I've some nice camel toe one's too :D

good god no!!

Second time actually driving my new 1200GSA and first time I seen it in day light.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in another thread but the bike I waited 3 and a half months for was plonked onto the shop floor for everyone to sit on when it arrived in the dealer. There was several scuffs to the tank and some hazing.

I told them I wasn't happy with it and asked them to fix it. Turns out their efforts weren't as good as I thought and the when the brief sunlight hit it today everything showed up.

Maybe the big shop in Finglas hasn't had that turn around that we thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Second time actually driving my new 1200GSA and first time I seen it in day light.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in another thread but the bike I waited 3 and a half months for was plonked onto the shop floor for everyone to sit on when it arrived in the dealer. There was several scuffs to the tank and some hazing.

I told them I wasn't happy with it and asked them to fix it. Turns out their efforts weren't as good as I thought and the when the brief sunlight hit it today everything showed up.

Fückin hell D3V!L.
    At this stage I'm speechless!:(

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Its a beautiful bike, you must be furious.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Its a beautiful bike, you must be furious.

To say the least. I was up there today and told them I want the plastics all replaced. I'll have an answer on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

too right.. tell them you want everything replaced so that it's in straight from the factory condition, if you wanted a demo bike you wouldn't have ordered and waited 3 months

Advertisement