Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Cienciano wrote: »
    Great, it's not a real bike unless it's at least a litre twin. Anything more than 2 cylinder isn't a proper bike :cool:
    you're not gettin away with that one :D, have you ever ridin a 2 stroke? An rd 350 is a real bike that will blast any litre 4 stroke off the grid.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Posted a pick of my new CVO Harley-Davidson Hortiglide Ultra Classic over on the show your bike thread. Managed to get a great vid of it in action today, nearly had my knee down and all on it, SAVAGE MACHINE lads !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

KTRIC wrote: »
    Posted a pick of my new CVO Harley-Davidson Hortiglide Ultra Classic over on the show your bike thread. Managed to get a great vid of it in action today, nearly had my knee down and all on it, SAVAGE MACHINE lads !!!

Thats the fastest Ive seen you go in years m8.....:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Few pics I took from Skerries races today ..

http://s834.photobucket.com/user/garyxbyrne/library/Skerries%202014

You know you're gonna be asked, specially on this forum, where we're not shy at asking questions, what camera are you usin?
    and how did you get them?

• Advertisement

You know you're gonna be asked, specially on this forum, where we're not shy at asking questions, what camera are you usin?

Have a gander through these m8, yrs of taken pics at all the races. Dont get a chance now as I am usually doing radios.....few of the bike show in the NEC aswell.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wonda3oy/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I notice that on a hourly basis !

Use a Nikon d3100 with a 70-300mm lense. Nothing too fancy .. it's an entry level dslr. Was happy with my results on some of the pics I took yesterday. Deleted sh1t loads too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Just ordered a few small bits for the Vstrom.
    Yoke protector, fuel cap cover, waterproof 12v power socket, RAM mount for a gps.

Also picked up one of those angled valves for easily getting air at a petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

goodlad wrote: »
    Just ordered a few small bits for the Vstrom.
    Yoke protector, fuel cap cover, waterproof 12v power socket, RAM mount for a gps.

Also picked up one of those angled valves for easily getting air at a petrol station.

You forgot to get the siren & blue lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Anybody with Adelaide insurance? Did they send you policy documents when you signed up? I'm with them 4 weeks now and I haven't received any policy documents. Just want to find out if this is the norm before ringing them.

• Advertisement

They send you out a pdf of the insurance document, which you sign and send back to them. Check attachments to any emails they've sent you

They send you out a pdf of the insurance document, which you sign and send back to them. Check attachments to any emails they've sent you

I'm with them a few years. I have never once signed those documents and post it back. They have never asked me to.

Well, it a contract isn't it. Needs to be signed, you could be be giving them a get out clause if you have a claim. Wouldn't trust insurance companies as far as I could throw them !

Verbal signing on a recorded call is normal these days.

Same with pretty much all types of insurance.

just had a quick look and I dont have an email with pdf from them. Ill get onto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭blade1

All they asked me to do was fax or email a copy of my no claims bonus.
    That's the last I heard them!
    I'm assuming since the fee is still missing from my bank account that they are happy enough.

But I did get a PDF of the documents.

The bare minimum I ask for is the policy to be emailed to me, not to have it but to check it they arent ****ing me over and I know its 100%.

The wind buffeting on the strom was bloody mental. I borderline had double vision by the time i got to work.

Going to adjust the screen height later and see how i get on tomorrow.

Failing that i will get a different screen and an adjustable bracket for the screen if needed.

goodlad wrote: »
    The wind buffeting on the strom was bloody mental. I borderline had double vision by the time i got to work.

Going to adjust the screen height later and see how i get on tomorrow.

Failing that i will get a different screen and an adjustable bracket for the screen if needed.

Had the sv a bigger screen?

Had the sv a bigger screen?

Nah, it was much smaller. But that's just like wind in your face like on most bikes.

On the Vstrom ya get buffeting that's like getting mini punches in the head on both sides at the same time really fast!

There is loads of info online about it and possible fixes. But in general a different screen will be the best option to eliminate most of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Anyone know what's the story with the Panigale on Donedeal?

blade1 wrote: »
    Anyone know what's the story with the Panigale on Donedeal?

Pretty sure thats the same bike thats been up a few times and removed.

Thread on biker about it:

http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=212272

Thanks for the link goodlad!
    I wonder has anyone actually rang up about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

very cheap 2007 gixer 600 up too (~2.5k)

sounds scamtacular!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Ad's gone now. I had my credit card out and everything :( Ah well. Maybe next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Ususally for those scam ads if you do a reverse image search you'll find the real bike.

BARGAIN OF THE DAY......

Need to get pads front and rear for the bike. Costing me €80 for the lot (EBC HH front and standard back) rang Triumph Red Cow for the laugh and they will supply and fit Triumph pads for the bargain price of €249!!!!

Needless to say I handed over my CC details and booked her in.......NOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    BARGAIN OF THE DAY......

Need to get pads front and rear for the bike. Costing me €80 for the lot (EBC HH front and standard back) rang Triumph Red Cow for the laugh and they will supply and fit Triumph pads for the bargain price of €249!!!!

Needless to say I handed over my CC details and booked her in.......NOT!

JESUS CHRIST! :eek:

• Advertisement

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    JESUS CHRIST! :eek:

I KNOW!!!!! :eek::eek:

Advertisement